Devils at Rangers, Tuesday Feb 7

Triumph

Just finished watching the game. Anyone else a little disappointed how the Devils won? Thought the Rangers got screwed. Would have liked them to have won with a clean finish. Oh well.

2 points.

Screw that, it was the right call. Volchenkov didn't get his hands on him until after Gaborik had plowed into Marty elbows high. You do wonder what's in the air when we're getting the benefit of the doubt on calls for once, I hope we're not getting set up for the kill later on :lol:

Devils would have won if the Devils didnt play Marty. Marty is mentally unable to play against Lundqvist.

This game was a LONG time coming, considering his 6-20 record coming in. Finally a game where Marty didn't give up the killer soft goal against the Rangers.

"I tried to talk to [the referee], and he just looked away," Lundqvist said. "I'm on one foot, trying to get up, and I get pushed back in the net and I get a diving call. . . . It's embarrassing.

"They hit me probably three times before that, an elbow in the head, a couple times they ran me over, so I didn't understand that call at all, but it is what it is."

Oh boo fvcking hoo...you guys have been running Marty for five years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm watching Rangers in 60 just for fun now and wow that goalie interference is completely blatant. Volchenkov is barely touching him. CORRECT call. Torts, Joe & Sam have to be kidding me. The entire organization is a diaper wearing baby. Waaaaaaah :evilcry:

Devils would have won if the Devils didnt play Marty. Marty is mentally unable to play against Lundqvist.

Well the record indicates that but not tonight obviously. No softies, great saves, played excellent. Defense helped too.

He didn't get pushed at all. He was coming in at high speed with no intention of stopping, and Volchenkov was on his ass. If you watch the replay, there is no push.

Saw the replay in slow motion and Volchenkov definitely pushed Gaborik into Marty but did not drive him through Marty and I think thats what made the refs make their call. Good call.

Edited by ben00rs

Saw the replay in slow motion and Volchenkov definitely pushed Gaborik into Marty but did not drive him through Marty and I think thats what made the refs make their call. Good call.

He wasn't pushing him into Marty as much as he was trying to push him OFF of Marty after he made contact. Look at the overhead angle, the only part of Volchenkov's body that makes contact before Gaborik plows into Marty is the stick, and like someone said if anything the stick should have been obstructing him, not propelling him.

I'm sure the Rangers will be giving back Game 2 in 2008 any time now.

I'm not saying I won't take it, and obviously everyone in the organization will. Just rather that Parise dumped the puck in and the game is over that way, and not win on a questionable call. Anyone can say it is the right call here, but they'd be lying if they weren't crying league conspiracy if it was the other way around.

He wasn't pushing him into Marty as much as he was trying to push him OFF of Marty after he made contact. Look at the overhead angle, the only part of Volchenkov's body that makes contact before Gaborik plows into Marty is the stick, and like someone said if anything the stick should have been obstructing him, not propelling him.

That's ridiculous. Volchenkov is leaning into Gaborik all the way in and bumps him (the bump can be seen from the angle behind the forwards). Gaborik plows through Marty unnecessarily and that's why it's the right call.

Edited by ben00rs

Just finished watching the game. Anyone else a little disappointed how the Devils won? Thought the Rangers got screwed. Would have liked them to have won with a clean finish. Oh well.

2 points.

Uh? You're on drugs.

If you think I'm ever going to be disappointed in a Devils win you're crazy, especially against the Rangers. The Devils could be as dirty as they want, the Rangers can get screwed (even though that didn't happen) as much as possible, and the Rangers can have whatever goalie they want in net..I'll never be disappointed in a Devils win vs. the Rags.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3
  • Like 1

Again, no point in arguing the right call. Just take the win and move on. It's hard for any fan to be objective. It's a call every fan in the world agrees with if it goes for their team and one that every fan disagrees with if it goes against them.

And the neutral parties are saying was correct too.

Again, no point in arguing the right call. Just take the win and move on. It's hard for any fan to be objective. It's a call every fan in the world agrees with if it goes for their team and one that every fan disagrees with if it goes against them.

I didn't necessarily agree with it at first, but I've seen the replay many times and I now think it was the right call.

hahahaha what a fun game. i was watching it along side a rags fan who thought the last potential goal in the last 4 seconds counted. i was basking in the sadness when he found out what happened.

all aroung though, it was a tough, gritty win and thats how we have to expect it when we play the rags..

Janssen showed some fun in his interview and basically let us know that yea, that sh!t is going to happen and the rags think its as fun as we do!

good work tonight boys, we've now beat the rags twice in a week and are making a real nice run... keep it up boys!!!

:cheers: