1345 replies to this topic

#41 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

the Devils should resurrect the "Live WebCams" since we don't have anything else Devils related to watch until October

#42 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

Are there any links out there to maps of the full plan for the area or articles that really articulate exactly what they're doing? I'm getting confused with the bridge, plaza, trangle park, etc.

I also saw a thing on the History Channel the other night talking about urban revitalization while maintaining the past. A small segment was included about The Rock while it was still in it's demolition phase. They said all but one building was torn down, and that this remaining historic piece of property would one day be part of a grand entrance to the arena. Is this something that's already part of the building and I just haven't noticed it yet? Or is it a part of this plaza?

So confused.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#43 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

They mentioned the possibility of using the old New Jersey Central Railroad Station on Broad Street as a grand entrance to the arena from Broad Street, but as yet nothing has been done or said with regards to doing that.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#44 firecenter

firecenter

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

the east side of the building with the screen will face triangle park. at the far end of triangle park (the far east side), there will be a bridge that connects triangle park to penn station. on the North side and northeast corner (thats faces downtown newark), is where the entrance plaza will be. there is already a tiny pad of concrete there when they finished the building in october. the historic building that everyone is referring to, is on the west side next to the historic church (next to the devils garage). not sure how they logisitcally plan on making that an entrance seeing there is a players parking lot and the loading docks between the arena and this historic building.

#45 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

the east side of the building with the screen will face triangle park.

Having seen the new Ginormous flatscreen at the Washington Nationals new ballbark last night on TV -- why the F couldnt we have put one of those up instead of that lame ass one they have outside the Rock. :evilcry:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#46 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hey El D, time for another mile marker count for all the extra stuff!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#47 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

not sure how they logisitcally plan on making that an entrance seeing there is a players parking lot and the loading docks between the arena and this historic building.

I don't know either. I was up in the garage last week, and I was thinking about how they could do that. The only feasable solution that I could see is something like this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#48 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

Having seen the new Ginormous flatscreen at the Washington Nationals new ballbark last night on TV -- why the F couldnt we have put one of those up instead of that lame ass one they have outside the Rock. :evilcry:

That's nothing compared to the D-Backs' new one, dbtv. It's almost 8,000 square feet compared to the Nationals' 4,811 square feet. It's the largest in baseball and it might be the largest in sports. I'm a D-Backs fan and I was out there last week, its pretty sweet.
Posted Image
But the reason why they did the board outside The Rock like they did so that sunlight can come in and so you're not always looking at the back of a TV screen.

Edited by The Rock 07, 25 April 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#49 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

Impressive -- I still maintain that it would have been a better choice than the crap we got -- cant even see what its showing on certain angles.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#50 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Impressive -- I still maintain that it would have been a better choice than the crap we got -- cant even see what its showing on certain angles.

I think they did that so it didn't block the windows...but I know nothing.

#51 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

the east side of the building with the screen will face triangle park. at the far end of triangle park (the far east side), there will be a bridge that connects triangle park to penn station. on the North side and northeast corner (thats faces downtown newark), is where the entrance plaza will be. there is already a tiny pad of concrete there when they finished the building in october. the historic building that everyone is referring to, is on the west side next to the historic church (next to the devils garage). not sure how they logisitcally plan on making that an entrance seeing there is a players parking lot and the loading docks between the arena and this historic building.

Thanks for trying to clear that up. It sounds pretty impressive. The only thing I'm unsure about is this whole "Yawkey Way of Newark" thing. That works for the Red Sox because their season is in the summer and people will be more willing to hang out in the street. Winters in Jersey can be cold and nasty ... not eactly street vendor weather. Unless this whole thing is indoors?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#52 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

I think they did that so it didn't block the windows...but I know nothing.

Yeah, that's right. I think what they should do is have them on wheels and have them move together when there isn't an event or at night when you can't see anything, and during playoff games too when we get Triangle Park.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for trying to clear that up. It sounds pretty impressive. The only thing I'm unsure about is this whole "Yawkey Way of Newark" thing. That works for the Red Sox because their season is in the summer and people will be more willing to hang out in the street. Winters in Jersey can be cold and nasty ... not eactly street vendor weather. Unless this whole thing is indoors?

Well, it would be refreshing to have warm gingerbread and a hot apple cider on a snowy night before a hockey game.
Posted Image

#54 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

So is this definitely happening?
Posted Image

#55 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, that's right. I think what they should do is have them on wheels and have them move together when there isn't an event or at night when you can't see anything, and during playoff games too when we get Triangle Park.

Posted Image

Thats a great idea. Probably won't happen due to cost.

#56 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

So is this definitely happening?

The entry plaza and Triangle Park, as far as we know, yes. The Broad Street Entrance, haven't heard any updates.

Thats a great idea. Probably won't happen due to cost.

Nice house Sammy!
Posted Image

#57 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

I don't know either. I was up in the garage last week, and I was thinking about how they could do that. The only feasable solution that I could see is something like this.
Posted Image

All blueprints should look like this. Much easier to read.

I also like the little truck down there. :thumbsup:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#58 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

I also like the little truck down there. :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you...
Posted Image

#59 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

So has anybody heard about any updates on the plan for a Courtyard by Marriott on Edison Place?
Posted Image

#60 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

So has anybody heard about any updates on the plan for a Courtyard by Marriott on Edison Place?

I'm still iffy with the street names, which one is Edison Place? The one parallel to the Devils Den, or the one directly in front of the arena?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users