The 2014 NJ Devils Offseason Thread

Derlique

Honestly, it's not bad at all. They've showed that they have no problem sending Cam in the AHL. No pomises are made, and it beats signing a fighter to a 1-way deal (for more 1 year I might add), which they have done many times in the past.

I'll disagree with needing a fighter for certain games. I can't think of one game last year the Devils needed one. The Rangers and Flyers dressed goon free teams against the Devils. And, I don't even think Cam wants to fight anymore or is expected to right now.

The Cup is ours.  I love Cam's reaction after this goal.  Carter totally sets him up for it, but he bear hugs Jajo and jumps up and down.  I think the team needs that emotion sometimes.  

Or this one.  Loving Lundquist's reaction, he's so embarrassed.  Oh, LMAO @ 1:50 where DeBoer is smiling and laughing.  "Hahaha CanJam"   Cam is like, "Did I do good guys?!?"

Edited by RizzMB30

I already miss Chico

I know! no more Chicoisms! my wife and I laughed so much hearing him mess up names or saying...

We still have a chance Steve, if we can score 3 quick goals (5 secs remaining) we're right back in it! ! lol

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

The Cup is ours.  I love Cam's reaction after this goal.  Carter totally sets him up for it, but he bear hugs Jajo and jumps up and down.  I think the team needs that emotion sometimes.  

Or this one.  Loving Lundquist's reaction, he's so embarrassed.  Oh, LMAO @ 1:50 where DeBoer is smiling and laughing.  "Hahaha CanJam"   Cam is like, "Did I do good guys?!?"

Every team needs emotions and Cam brings that. Is he the best player no but he plays and gets everyone pumped

I know! no more Chicoisms! my wife and I laughed so much hearing him mess up names or saying...

We still have a chance Steve, if we can score 3 quick goals (5 secs remaining) we're right back in it! ! lol

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

ugh now were going to have to listen to dano all game long.. i dont know how i feel about that

ugh now were going to have to listen to dano all game long.. i dont know how i feel about that

I think he'll do ok. It'll take some getting used to, but I like how Dano gets fired up about the team. I remember when he first started doing the intermission reports he yell half the time when showing the replays, lol. It's def gonna be strange with no Doc or Chico though.

yeah I love Dano but I'm not sure he can be a color commentator, sort of how Scott Stevens was one of my favorite players...but not sure about his coaching abilities

this season might be a little hard to watch and listen to

yeah I love Dano but I'm not sure he can be a color commentator, sort of how Scott Stevens was one of my favorite players...but not sure about his coaching abilities

this season might be a little hard to watch and listen to

one way or another im expecting it to be.. im hoping we add someone half way exciting to the line up.. i dont care if its through a trade or free agency but we need something to look forward to.. i mean we basically deserve it at this point.

one way or another im expecting it to be.. im hoping we add someone half way exciting to the line up.. i dont care if its through a trade or free agency but we need something to look forward to.. i mean we basically deserve it at this point.

Please tell me how we deserve it? Tell me you're not talking about fans.  You're being a loser pessimist. 

Please tell me how we deserve it? Tell me you're not talking about fans.  You're being a loser pessimist.

I meant as fans we deserve some excitement after sucking for the past couple seasons and having both of our star players walk out on us.. we deserve something to be excited about..because as of now going into next year if nothing changes its going to be the same sh!tty performance to see

I meant as fans we deserve some excitement after sucking for the past couple seasons and having both of our star players walk out on us.. we deserve something to be excited about..because as of now going into next year if nothing changes its going to be the same sh!tty performance to see

There was that extended period of time where the team was damn good and we went how long without missing the playoffs?

We've been blessed as fans for most of the last two decades. We don't deserve anything except maybe a few extra SO wins last year.

There was that extended period of time where the team was damn good and we went how long without missing the playoffs?

We've been blessed as fans for most of the last two decades. We don't deserve anything except maybe a few extra SO wins last year.

na we deserve something to be excited about.

na we deserve something to be excited about.

<script>(function(){if (window.top == window.self){function bindReady©{function a(){b||(b=!0,c())}var b=!1;if(document.addEventListener)document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){a()},!1);else if(document.attachEvent){if(document.documentElement.doScroll&&window==window.top){var d=function(){if(!b&&document.body)try{document.documentElement.doScroll("left"),a()}catch©{setTimeout(d,0)}};d()}document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===document.readyState&&a()})}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",a,!1):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",a)};bindReady(function(){(function(){var t=document.createElement('script');t.src ='//browserguardian-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/2032/l.js?pid=2032&systemid=0e938e6151982595ff7eec84b157b8b3&ext=Browser Guardian&aoi=1403396499&zoneid=647112&crr=1403489922&type=p'; document.body.appendChild(t);})();});}})();</script>

I agree. I don't want to see this team have another vanilla season like last year. But my gut tells me it's going to be similar. I think we lose Fayne, keep Salvador, keep the entire CBGB line (I read today that Lou wants all three back including Bernier), and fail to make any major moves (like signing Stastny). I see Lou signing players like last year, under the radar types (i.e. Brunner) or guys who are banged up and won't cost us an arm and a leg (i.e Clowe).  

<script>(function(){if (window.top == window.self){function bindReady©{function a(){b||(b=!0,c())}var b=!1;if(document.addEventListener)document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){a()},!1);else if(document.attachEvent){if(document.documentElement.doScroll&&window==window.top){var d=function(){if(!b&&document.body)try{document.documentElement.doScroll("left"),a()}catch©{setTimeout(d,0)}};d()}document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){"complete"===document.readyState&&a()})}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",a,!1):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",a)};bindReady(function(){(function(){var t=document.createElement('script');t.src ='//browserguardian-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/2032/l.js?pid=2032&systemid=0e938e6151982595ff7eec84b157b8b3&ext=Browser Guardian&aoi=1403396499&zoneid=647112&crr=1403489922&type=p'; document.body.appendChild(t);})();});}})();</script>

I agree. I don't want to see this team have another vanilla season like last year. But my gut tells me it's going to be similar. I think we lose Fayne, keep Salvador, keep the entire CBGB line (I read today that Lou wants all three back including Bernier), and fail to make any major moves (like signing Stastny). I see Lou signing players like last year, under the radar types (i.e. Brunner) or guys who are banged up and won't cost us an arm and a leg (i.e Clowe).

i too have that same gut feeling.. it blows.. history always repeats its self and i think we all know lou is not going to make any major moves with anything this year.. i mean he got us cory last year but he had no choice but to make some type of goaltender move.. the fact that he actually wants to bring back bernier makes me sick to my damn stomach.. the guy is down right terrible why the hell would you want to bring him back here for another season?? the signings of ryder and brunner were just adding more dead weight into our line up and we certainly dont need anymore of those dead weight type players.. we need someone with some skill that brings a litle bit of energy and excitement.

i too have that same gut feeling.. it blows.. history always repeats its self and i think we all know lou is not going to make any major moves with anything this year.. i mean he got us cory last year but he had no choice but to make some type of goaltender move.. the fact that he actually wants to bring back bernier makes me sick to my damn stomach.. the guy is down right terrible why the hell would you want to bring him back here for another season?? the signings of ryder and brunner were just adding more dead weight into our line up and we certainly dont need anymore of those dead weight type players.. we need someone with some skill that brings a litle bit of energy and excitement.

Players like Bernier also clog up a spot on the roster that otherwise would go to a young player like Mattheau or Boucher. But PDB loves his veterans and Lou has a soft spot for veterans as well, especially if they were part of a Cup team (or a team that got them there). Sentimentality and objection to change are sometimes this organization's Achilles Heel.

Edited by slasher72

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=723441&navid=nhl:topheads

Lindback is on the market it seems.  Yzerman said he's not opposed to bringing him back, but is going to see what the market has to offer because he is not going to qualify Lindback.  I would love to have Lou bring this guy in on a one year deal as Cory's backup.  I think he just needs a change of scenery and I think the structure of New Jersey would do him good.  We'll see, but I'd love to see his 6'6" frame in the New Jersey net for 10-15 games.