Chat Moderators and a request about the GD Chats...

I always wondered why the GDT's were a ghost town during the games. I'll have to check out the chat room tonight.

Speaking of which, we need a GDT for tonight. My only one we lost so I'm not doing another.

yeah, the GDTs usually are quiet, and a lot of time they get started late. I guess that just comes down to whenever anyone wants to start one....

the ones on HF are lighting up all game. you load the page, there were times last night where in the span of 30 secs they spawned 2 more pages of posts. Of course most of them were people saying the same thing because of some on-ice event, but they do actually seem to use the board more.

I like how some posters will post consecutive posts in the chat everytime someting happen during a game... Then you look in the GMT and they are posting there too haha

I mean... Lets talk about an excessif need to just express and get what youre thinking out there

yeah, the GDTs usually are quiet, and a lot of time they get started late. I guess that just comes down to whenever anyone wants to start one....

the ones on HF are lighting up all game. you load the page, there were times last night where in the span of 30 secs they spawned 2 more pages of posts. Of course most of them were people saying the same thing because of some on-ice event, but they do actually seem to use the board more.

That is why I like the chat more, shouting goal in 10 different posts isn't really as fun as reading it in chat.

I love it when DM boots me! :wub:

I must only be there during ultra dull times because it's always been pretty much solely the newly appointed admins and one or two of the old. Not even mrthemike even.... I check!

El D is never there anymore -- just logged on in silence... never says hi...

we're leasing a horse btw.... again... just seeing if El D is even HERE! <_<

I must only be there during ultra dull times because it's always been pretty much solely the newly appointed admins and one or two of the old. Not even mrthemike even....

Agreed. Obviously some people love the chat; but personally I just like watching the game... I've tried it a few times... but meh.

I would imagine you'd only get booted for being profane to someone else... or annoying (like posting 20 lines in a row, etc). I wouldn't think you'd get kicked because you thought someone should be benched, or made a boneheaded play, or that the sky is falling, or everything is made of gold...

I can't imagine a chat mod booting/banning you for it. Seems like if (s)he did... they'd lose their rights pretty quickly for being over bearing.

Tri and Jay?

Great.

Especially Jay.

Psh.

I like how some posters will post consecutive posts in the chat everytime someting happen during a game... Then you look in the GMT and they are posting there too haha

I mean... Lets talk about an excessif need to just express and get what youre thinking out there

Yes.

Let's talk about that shall we.

Or not..since it's not a big deal.

Congrats to all the new mods! :boogie::burn:

Carp, if you really think your particular style will consistently come off wrong in real-time (or even on the boards), consider this piece of advice: Emoticons are your friend. Something like a :lol: or a ;) can go a long way toward delineating the difference between a serious snark and a humorous one.

This is an attack against trolls

Well... maybe it should be. :noclue:

we're leasing a horse btw.... again... just seeing if El D is even HERE! <_<

Leasing a horse?

Sure was! Haven't been in chat in ages.

Me neither. It's got nothing to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of the conversation, it's just that I'm usually otherwise occupied during games, and I don't feel like I should be in the chat room if I'm not giving it my undivided attention.

It is pretty hard to get banned or kicked in the chat.

I promise to kick you out next time youre there ... and dont take it personal, everyone gets kicked eventually .. its part of the initiation and charm.

Oh PK Im not ignoring you.. how could I... I finally been able to watch some games from beg to end lately... and lets catch up on the equestrian talk

Sammy my brother, missed you are.

Star -- chat never changes ...its either feast or famine -- nothing in between.

Rowdy -- where ya been?

Congrats to the rookie class of 2012

"with great power comes great responsibilty"

I lost the thread!

Rowdy - yep - we're leasing my husband's buddy - King. He's half Belgian half Quarter horse. OMG he's so ^*$^&*Q#$%( cute! I guess he's a tough ride though because he has a "go" button and our daughter is too little to really reign him in so he's just the old man's horse. A friend lost her job - started a catering business and has ZERO time to ride him... she must be OK on funds because she gave us a great deal and gave us full showing privilege.

All I ever want is full mauling rights. I think of horses like big skittish dogs. I LOVE hugging them so much. King is a riot he does that crazy mating thing with his lips but he's just looking for treats -- it's insane but so cute!!! It's like he should be saying something "Awe Wiiiiiiilburrrrr" or something like that. We had been leasing a damm pony - who I loved but that near broke the bank the little bastard. And my daughter was getting entirely too used to his pony gait and was also fearless almost to the point of non-respectful of all horses.

OK -- so CHAT! No one does it - it's all hockey hockey hockey. :o Seriously though -- it wanders away fromt he game sometimes is the only that that I notice... there will be this prospect conversation going on with a quick reference to the game if someone scores.

I admit I enjoy wasting time saying things Like "SEE? That was GOOD." about Clarkson or someone and then all the little goods get ruined with one massively boneheaded play.... It was chat that kind of drove it home to me that whatshisface little guy Olivier was just a mess at the core. I had hoped he was solid at core.... :(

ANYHOW -- so there doesn't seem to be a lot of in the moment stuff unless it's obvious or absurdly subtle - like someone reaches for the possible savior of the Devils with some little guy in triple double minymite minors in the Yukon - then a few others chime in "yeah yeah I heard about that kid .. errr refresh my memory" and it turns onto esoteric :blahblah: with everyone trying to 'out knowledge' the other... while giving an occasional prop out to the select "Say - you oughtta know this soandso - what do you think about Rene Bobbalink down in ZZ Anchorage?" :argh::argh: Then someone references a player actually on ice and it's brushed off - I guess because it's too obvious? OR somebody says "lets get Tony Amonte" type stuff and someone (not in the esoteric bunch) takes it seriously and .... :saddevil: but BUT -- I am not there that much so I actually dont know how it regularly is :giggle: I'm just mouthing off on why I'm not there much now.... :P

I guess what i'm saying is it reads like a brag fest not so much an informative chat. At best it's a lecture by the hockey geniae (all plurals of any word ending in "us" must end in "i" - it's arule of mine)