Turris rumor + new rumor

ghdi

haha you guys are getting sucked in. columbus isn't going to pack it in. that means they need someone back from NJ on defense who can help immediately. NJ really can't offer that player to them.

plus NJ doesn't need a center going forward unless they think parise's gone and they intend to move elias back to LW. which i don't see why they would do that.

Edited by Triumph

haha you guys are getting sucked in. columbus isn't going to pack it in. that means they need someone back from NJ on defense who can help immediately. NJ really can't offer that player to them.

plus NJ doesn't need a center going forward unless they think parise's gone and they intend to move elias back to LW. which i don't see why they would do that.

Salvador? Fraser? Call up Urbom/Corrente

Something in the back of my mind has me dreaming the Devils snoop in and nab Carter, only god knows how.

i dont like this one bit...turris has been a bust with potential yes but if pho wants a 1st and a good prospect

besides do we want to be competing with the islanders, columbus, or whichever team

for my two cents...elias has not disappointed with parise....merrill not going to plymouth is disappointing and i too would love oshie on our team been saying what this team needs is more indians

but i heard its langenbrunner we're going for :boogie:

Edited by justdo3043

LOL at a St. Louis/Devils deal. Welcome back Langs and Arnott!!!

We lost a really good pk'er in Josefson. Just my two cents on why we may be looking for another center at the moment.

lol i was thinking the same thing, i'd be thrilled getting Backes or Berglund but if we get a deal done with St-Louis its obviously Arnott coming back saddly lol

For whatever it's worth, Urbom was a healthy scratch in Albany tonight.

If Urbom is being moved it better be in a package where it provides bona fide NHL goal scoring. Maybe Bryce, Teds(or as I call him, lefty Bergfors), and a pick/corrente for Vermette. then recall Urbom or fly Stralman back.

Lou knows this center issue has to be addressed before going on the road trip, as the room hasn't gelled together yet, and he also knows that losing out on these early points could bury this team early. A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

I think it is gonna be Vermette.

If Urbom is being moved it better be in a package where it provides bona fide NHL goal scoring. Maybe Bryce, Teds(or as I call him, lefty Bergfors), and a pick/corrente for Vermette. then recall Urbom or fly Stralman back.

Lou knows this center issue has to be addressed before going on the road trip, as the room hasn't gelled together yet, and he also knows that losing out on these early points could bury this team early. A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

Yeah, I'm sure Lou is flying into a panic because his team lost an ambush game that was tied in the 3rd period.

Geez. lol. And if they traded Tedenby, who exactly is playing on the 3rd line? Next guy up is Boulton.

I am all for giving a chance to Henrique, but

Zajac out + Josefson didn't really do the job IMO

Zajac out + Josefson out + Henrique = IMO won't do the job.

Henrique is a rookie. He can't center a 2nd line with Kovy as a winger and do it as good as Zajac would do it. Its not about panicking. Its just logic, that we get a decent center for Kovalchuk instead of putting rookies like Josefson and Henrique and hope for the best.

These early points are the points that make the difference at the end of the year.

Incarcerated Bob is about as accurate as a hobo with a bottle of thunderbird.

He's on a like 25 prediction miss streak.

He got Asomugha to the Jets right though...OH WAIT :P

Whatever this guy's doing, he does it better than Єklund (2.3% accurate) cause people still take him seriously despite his number of misses.

A deal will be done shortly. And even then, he better stay aggressive, looking at the waiver wire and Europe for anything that may even be a marginal upgrade.

A) I'm sure Lou was doing that in the offseason, nothing on the waiver wire or Europe that's going to be an upgrade now.

B) You have to have another team willing to do a deal to actually do a deal. Who's going to trade a useful player now, for a prospect or pick?

Everyone has Columbus selling off whatever's not bolted to the floor but guess what, it's OCTOBER STILL!!! Nobody, even the Jackets (who haven't played a game with Wisniewski yet and had Carter miss the last couple) are bad enough to start selling players off at this point of the season. There's just too much time left.

Even rebuilding teams have to give the illusion of being competitive for half the season or so to sell tickets. And Columbus came into the year trumpeting their improvement with Carter/Wisniewski...they're not going to blow that up in seven, eight games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

People want a center, understandably. However, I'm not willing to give up really anything of value right now unless we're getting long-term solutions to problems. If the Devils feel Kyle Turris has a greater upside and they want to trade a Merril or Urbom...then fine.

However, I'm all for letting this season takes its course, the young guys get their experience, and so on.

We have good pieces to the team, but they are pretty much misjointed at the moment - slotting is all off, and I think we're very easy to play against.

Zharkov was also scratch for Albany with Urbom.