2873 replies to this topic

#881 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Zach's a big boy, he can make big boy decisions. Perhaps he wants to leave. Perhaps he just wants to see what else is out there before committing to the Devs for the rest of his productive career. If he gets an overwhelming offer and takes it, fine. No need to ruin this franchise for him. I am going to try to not let this situation influence my mood. If he leaves, the Devils will still be a strong franchise.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#882 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Not that it means anything, but if I were in his position, I'd want to see what others had to offer before committing to the Devils, even if I knew I'd ultimately be a Devil. Hearing more offers wouldn't hurt, and may get you some more money. I'm not saying this is happening, but maybe there's some reassurance that Zach still has a good chance of staying in NJ.

#883 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Its upsetting to see 3 of our players on the top 15 of "Best Available"

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#884 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Its upsetting to see 3 of our players on the top 15 of "Best Available"

Agreed, usually I love his day, instead I'm nervously checking twitter every time new tweets pop up waiting for bad news.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#885 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

So I guess the Don Meehan dog and pony show has begun. I can't believe Zach is engaging in this bullsh!t.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#886 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

So I guess the Don Meehan dog and pony show has begun. I can't believe Zach is engaging in this bullsh!t.

In fairness to Parise, he has worked hard his whole life to get into this position. He'd be foolish not to see what offers are out there. While I would be angry if he left, I do understand it since its a business.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 01 July 2012 - 11:19 AM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#887 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Sign Jagr!

#888 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

I guess what burns me more than anything is Lou did not have to give Zach captaincy last year knowing there was a good chance he would test free agency, also your financial situation they knew was bad prior to trade deadline if Zach was not going to let you know he was going to sign Lou should have traded him for low round picks or something it's not like the team was playing like a Stanley cup champion at the time. It just is weird to name him capt then lose him for nothing!

Edited by Devs1965, 01 July 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#889 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I guess what burns me more than anything is Lou did not have to give Zach captaincy last year knowing there was a good chance he would test free agency, also your financial situation they knew was bad prior to trade deadline if Zach was not going to let you know he was going to sign Lou should have traded him for low round picks or something it's not like the team was playing like a Stanley cup champion at the time. It just is weird to name him capt then lose him for nothing!

That's way too much 20/20 hindsight, though.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#890 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Sign Jagr!

NO! NO! NO!

#891 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

NO! NO! NO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

#892 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

From the Wild war room: the #mnwild have submitted contract offers to free agents Zach Parise and Ryan Suter.

#893 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

I don't want to get into the "how do you know this" so take it for what its worth.
Parise looking for Crosby/Kovalchuk money.
10-12 years $100M.
Devils are being held to internal cap by NHL.
They have been pleading with the league to exceed the cap # they have been given.
Devils argument is their financial situation/future investors will take a huge hit losing their face of their franchise.

#894 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

we need a ninja picture right now :giggle:

#895 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

I don't want to get into the "how do you know this" so take it for what its worth.
Parise looking for Crosby/Kovalchuk money.
10-12 years $100M.
Devils are being held to internal cap by NHL.
They have been pleading with the league to exceed the cap # they have been given.
Devils argument is their financial situation/future investors will take a huge hit losing their face of their franchise.

So you're telling me if the Devils and Parise agree on a contract that fits within the league salary cap, the NHL is just going to step in (again) and tell both sides that they can't do that because they don't think they can afford it?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#896 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Lou should offer sheet Evander Kane.

#897 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

So you're telling me if the Devils and Parise agree on a contract that fits within the league salary cap, the NHL is just going to step in (again) and tell both sides that they can't do that because they don't think they can afford it?

the teams financial situation will be the #1 reason Devils lose Zach and not that Zach does not want to be here.

#898 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

the teams financial situation will be the #1 reason Devils lose Zach and not that Zach does not want to be here.

ohhh mann

Parise will ask for a $12 million signing bonus immediately to protect him from a possible labor stoppage, as well as another $12 million bonus on July 1, 2013

with kovi's salery jumping to 11 mill i cant see us competing
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#899 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

How do you know this?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#900 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

That doesn't really answer my question. If what you're saying is true it sounds like the league is giving the Devils a lower salary cap and not letting them sign Parise even if both sides agree to a deal unless the contract is low enough by the league's standards.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users