Photo

What will the Devils do for season ticket holders?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

The customized jerseys were actually 1 per seat on the account.

I am actually floored that the Devils even did this. I did not know about this as my family stopped renewing season tickets after the 03 cup and between 04-07 I barely went to any games.

While nice, I still rather get money back and/or interest rather than another jersey (I have plenty). I guess that is just my personal preference.

#22 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ill keep my money with the team and hopefully get the interest if they are indeed doing it. I will only look for a refund when they start playing again or the entire season is cancelled.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think the jersey was tied into '05-'06 season tickets, they also gave a 10% credit back on seasons that year.

I didn't have seasons till after the lockout so I don't know what interest they tied into leaving your money with them.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 September 2012 - 01:45 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

The Devils are going with 2 percent interest. Just got this email:

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As I am sure you are aware, the current collective bargaining negotiations between the NHL and the players have delayed the start of training camp and has forced the cancellation of several games. In an effort to stay in touch and keep you up to date on all aspects of the coming season, I am reaching out with information pertaining to your Full Season Ticket account options for cancelled games.

Building off of an incredible run to the Stanley Cup Final, and seeing how the Devils Army has grown from your passionate and unwavering support, we are dedicated to do everything we can to ensure that you know how important you as a fan base are to this organization. Together, we are confident that we will be able to pick up where we left off, once the play on ice resumes.

TICKET OPTIONS FOR FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

OPTION A: Keep Money On Account And Receive Interest

Season Ticket Holders will receive a credit for any cancelled games along with 2% interest through the season or until play resumes. You may use the accumulated balance toward the purchase of individual tickets, Playoff tickets or towards your 2013-14 Season Ticket renewal. To exercise this option, you won't need to take any action as we will automatically deposit the ticket value associated with any cancelled games and interest, into your account on a monthly basis. Interest will accumulate beginning October 1, for games cancelled in September.

OPTION B: Request A Refund For Cancelled Games

Should you wish to receive a refund for cancelled games, please reach out to our Fan Experience Team and they will provide a "Refund Request Form." Once submitted, refunds will be issued 30 days following the last day of the month, for cancelled games during that month. Refunds will be made to your credit card on file or via check, based on the same method you chose to pay for your tickets. So long as you are paid in full, refunds will begin October 31st.

If you are still making payments to your account, via one of our convenient payment plans, those charges will continue. This is done to keep your account current and allow us to send your tickets immediately upon the start of the season. Once you have paid for more than the number of games remaining in the season, you may of course ask for a Refund Request Form so that you may select this refund option.

For all questions regarding these options or any other needs you may have, please reach out to the Fan Experience Team at 855-DEV-ARMY or devilsarmy@newjerseydevils.com.

We will continue to communicate as quickly and as effectively as we can in the coming weeks. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and understanding while we all look forward to enjoying hockey together at The Rock very soon!

Best regards,

Eric Kussin

Eric Kussin
Vice President, Sales and Service
New Jersey Devils

Edited by JWomp, 20 September 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#25 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

At least its something, Ill keep my money with them for playoff tickets (hopefully)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#26 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

At least its something, Ill keep my money with them for playoff tickets (hopefully)

Yeah, it's better than nothing. It's just too bad it wasn't closer to 5 percent.

The most I can make in ticket credit from this interest offer is like $40, and that's assuming the whole season is cancelled. I'd definitely rather see the lockout resolved than to collect a meager $40 lol.

Edited by JWomp, 20 September 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

lol lame, 2% of a $2000 invoice is $40, and that's for a full season cancellation.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hell has frozen over with the devils even offering interest.

However the low amount though restores my perception of them.

#29 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

They had to offer something to entice STH's to keep their money with the team. NOt suprised by the 2%, since they really aren't in any position financially to offer more.
Posted Image

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

2% isn't worth letting them keep the money. Ill be requesting for a refund.

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

2% isn't worth letting them keep the money. Ill be requesting for a refund.

Are you going to request the refund for the lost games that they offer, or just ask for all of your money back? I'm leaning towards getting all of my money back at this point.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

Are you going to request the refund for the lost games that they offer, or just ask for all of your money back? I'm leaning towards getting all of my money back at this point.

They don't have the option of getting a full refund. You only get a refund at the end of each month for the games missed up till then.

#33 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Gonna request the refund for the lost games. In 04-05 it was different cause they canceled the season in like september if I remember correctly. I am going to talk to my rep soon and see cause I'm still making monthly payments till like feb/march and it makes no sense to keep paying them until stuff is figured out.

I would like to get a full refund and then have them just send me one invoice for whatever/if any games are played but I'm not sure what they are gonna allow.

Either way I'm not gonna let them keep my money cause if we end up missing the entire season I most likely won't be getting season tickets next year and id have to get the money refunded anyway.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 20 September 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#34 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Gonna request the refund for the lost games. In 04-05 it was different cause they canceled the season in like september if I remember correctly.

They cancelled some regular games... but it was rolling...
They cancelled the season on Feb 16, 2005 after it wasn't practical for a season/playoff at all.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

They don't have the option of getting a full refund. You only get a refund at the end of each month for the games missed up till then.

I'm pretty sure if you raise enough hell you could get a full refund. Like Satans Hockey said, if they lose the season and you decide not to renew for 2013-14, they'd have to give your money back at that point.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Rise up Devils fans and wave those unused ticket stubs!!! Who...Wants....Interest!!??

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm pretty sure if you raise enough hell you could get a full refund. Like Satans Hockey said, if they lose the season and you decide not to renew for 2013-14, they'd have to give your money back at that point.

Why would they give a 100% refund now or before January (assuming the season drop-dead date is then)? Until that point, there might be 'some' games this year.

#38 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Where is the option "give me my money back and I will decide what to do in 2013/2014"?

#39 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Rise up Devils fans and wave those unused ticket stubs!!! Who...Wants....Interest!!??

:lol: i laughed pretty good at this.

#40 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

They cancelled some regular games... but it was rolling...
They cancelled the season on Feb 16, 2005 after it wasn't practical for a season/playoff at all.

I can't remember what the Devils did though but I'm pretty sure I got a full refund in September cause I had called up and asked for one. It wasn't that long ago but I just can't remember.

The Devils really never can afford to lose season ticket holders so I've never had an issue with basically getting what I wanted in terms of help from the Devils ticket staff. I'm gonna call sometime next week and I'll post back the results I get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users