Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

Great stuff!

Feld expects to book about 45 events at the Prudential Center over the next year, said Kenneth Feld, the promoter's chief executive.

That means the arena will host 175 to 205 events in the next year, said Jeff Vanderbeek, owner of the Devils hockey team, the arena's only major league team.

Last year, the Prudential Center sold out two Hannah Montana shows. The circus shows will attract even more families to Newark, he said.

"When Feld comes to a city you know it's safe," Vanderbeek said. "Feld is putting their stamp of approval on this arena and on this city. It speaks for itself."

Here are pictures of the statue's cross country trip. These are probably a few weeks old because the statue was supposed to be installed yesterday (probably today because of yesterday's weather). Taken from Battle of New York.

devils-sculpt-on-truck-1.jpg

at.jpg

nightime.jpg

texas.jpg

And my personal favorite...

devils.jpg

Wow can't wait to see this statue opening night.

Dude, when replying to picture posts, cut out the pictures from your reply? Saves those of us with slow connections alot of frustration. Thanks.

----------------------

AHHH GIANT HEADLESS STAINLESS STEEL HOCKEY PLAYER ATTACKS TEXAS!

Is driving friendly really the Texas way? Sammy?

Now all we need is a plot for a movie in which that thing comes to life and defends Newark from crime at night ;)

Forwarding link to this page to Kevin Smith!!!

CMON KEVIN!!!

that dude looks like a - the Silver Surfer b- the Terminator cop

:evil: Those are good ones.

This is what immediately popped into my head when I saw his head.

queennewsoftheworldaw7.th.png

Man I havent seen that cover in decades .. makes me feel like a fossil when Album art/photography was anticipated almost as much as the music ... :saddevil:

Why, it's almost as if you feel that actual artwork and creativity was better than random airbrushed pictures of the band members standing around doing nothing.

No Im talking creative photography ...

I agree with you 100%. Those are iconic covers. When was the last time there was an iconic cover on an album CD. I really can't remember one. Maybe Nirvana - Nevermind? I may be missing something obvious, though.

And on the original topic... does anyone know if that statue was put up over the weekend?

As of Sunday at 4:00PM, there was no statue there. The final people were leaving the Disney show when I got there and there was a hockey game at the practice rink. They tore down a building near the Arena Bar on the corner of Green and Mulberry. It looked like that there was some progress (but not a lot) on Brick CityBar and Grill. Red Bull Arena is moving along nicely, Red Bull Arena Webcam. I would like to see, when Red Bull Arena, and the surrounding development opens, a way that they could connect that complex to the arena area. Like maybe take a street in the Ironbound and make it into a walking path with restaurants and stores facing it and connecting from the Ironbound Bridge (Triangle Park) going to a new bridge across the river (with room for a light rail expansion) and connecing to the soccer stadium.

I would like to see, when Red Bull Arena, and the surrounding development opens, a way that they could connect that complex to the arena area.

... with a great big sign that says "Welcome to Newark, where NEW JERSEY teams play!" ... (Sorry, I can never resist taking a shot at the NY Red Bulls.)