Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I agree with PK, those women have already trained you to ignore your favorite thing in the world for them.

that sh!t just aint right, THOSE ladies have the right to know where hockey SHOULD and will be held in relation to their little "special occasions"

smile_kill.gifcrymeariver.gif

Absolutely, I have been staring at the radar for the past 2 hours, getting no work done whatsoever :rolleyes: My job field is actually weather related, I hope to get a better job when I complete my degree, I love this stuff.

In that case I must ask you about an idea I came up with today....

Would it be possible to end tornadoes by creating a manmade tornado that rotates in the opposite direction and sending it to collide with the natural tornado so that the rotations offset each other and cancel out?

Would it be possible to end tornadoes by creating a manmade tornado that rotates in the opposite direction and sending it to collide with the natural tornado so that the rotations offset each other and cancel out?

But what about the people who are hit by the man made tornado! :headless chicken:

Scientifically if it WAS possible to create a man made tornado you would need to make a man made storm which which will produce the tornado, you would need said storm to collide with the other storm which will disrupt the inflow and outflow of the storm which will hypothetically destroy any circulation in the storms. But it will be impossible to have two tornadoes in two storms going in opposite directions because one storm will be going with the front which is the way it gets its energy and the other storm will have to go against the grain which will shear all of the moisture/energy away from the storm. On the other hand these storms can merge and create one huge supercell thunderstorm with more energy. :rolleyes:

But this is all pointless because here in the Northern hemisphere lower level circulations only spin counter clockwise. Only upper level highs can spin clockwise. :evil:

Edited by Zubie#8

But what about the people who are hit by the man made tornado! :headless chicken:

Scientifically if it WAS possible to create a man made tornado you would need to make a man made storm which which will produce the tornado, you would need said storm to collide with the other storm which will disrupt the inflow and outflow of the storm which will hypothetically destroy any circulation in the storms. But it will be impossible to have two tornadoes in two storms going in opposite directions because one storm will be going with the front which is the way it gets its energy and the other storm will have to go against the grain which will shear all of the moisture/energy away from the storm. On the other hand these storms can merge and create one huge supercell thunderstorm with more energy. :rolleyes:

But this is all pointless because here in the Northern hemisphere lower level circulations only spin counter clockwise. Only upper level highs can spin clockwise. :evil:

They're more of us out there then you think. :ph34r:

sounds like an x-files line.

While your idea is high on the cool factor, I look at it along the same lines as the unnecessary work Dr Evil put into the demise of Austin Powers, putting him on a slowly lowering platform and leaving him to drop into a pool of ill-tempered seabass.

I'd think a nice powerful explosive would disrupt the rotation of the tornado as well, but the people in the trailer park would probably frown on it. urg.gif

sounds like an x-files line.

While your idea is high on the cool factor, I look at it along the same lines as the unnecessary work Dr Evil put into the demise of Austin Powers, putting him on a slowly lowering platform and leaving him to drop into a pool of ill-tempered seabass.

I'd think a nice powerful explosive would disrupt the rotation of the tornado as well, but the people in the trailer park would probably frown on it. urg.gif

Either way, they're putting in an insurance claim so what's the difference?

Well howdy doody folks! Seems an age since I last said hi.

And hello fellow weather geek, Zubie#8. Thunderstorms are frickin awesome indeed. Weird thing, since moving to Australian, seen way more hail in 3 years than I did in my 7 years in Albany! Including golf to tennis ball size stuff thst beat the coral out of my car while I was eating Christmas dinner. The car is now also a fully fledged weather geek.

So I have to correct you on one point there. Anticyclonic tornadoes (ones that spin clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere) are rare, but not impossible. In fact an F4 anticyclonic tornadotore through Sunnyvale-Los Altos, CA in 1998.

And anticyclonic storms (mesoscale convective systems) do form as the right hand book-end vortices on bow echoes, although they usually don't develop to the extent the left hand cyclonic one will, ie. the one often associated with non-showered tornadoes.

But I am no tornado chasing meteorologist, so check my facts!

And god damn this was challenging to do on my phone.

Edited by ThreeStars

Is it just me, or has vodka officially gone full retard with the number of flavors you can buy? Don't get wrong, I do really like some of it. Van Gogh's Double Espresso vodka is friggin ridiculous, and Sweet Carolina's Sweet Tea vodka is dangerously good (almost killed a handle of it over the last two days making John Dalys). But Pinnacle is out of control. Atomic Hots? Cookie Dough? What the hell do you mix that with? And I'm pretty sure I saw Three Olives with a flavor called Dude. "Dude" and "flavor" should never exist in the same sentence unless you're trying to induce vomiting.

/rant

Is it just me, or has vodka officially gone full retard with the number of flavors you can buy? Don't get wrong, I do really like some of it. Van Gogh's Double Espresso vodka is friggin ridiculous, and Sweet Carolina's Sweet Tea vodka is dangerously good (almost killed a handle of it over the last two days making John Dalys). But Pinnacle is out of control. Atomic Hots? Cookie Dough? What the hell do you mix that with? And I'm pretty sure I saw Three Olives with a flavor called Dude. "Dude" and "flavor" should never exist in the same sentence unless you're trying to induce vomiting.

/rant

It's 100% women. Specifically college-aged women who don't actually like alcoholic beverages but need something to get them drunk. I've watched it for two years now. What pushed it over the top for me was whipped cream vodka. Absolutely disgusting.

It's 100% women. Specifically college-aged women who don't actually like alcoholic beverages but need something to get them drunk. I've watched it for two years now. What pushed it over the top for me was whipped cream vodka. Absolutely disgusting.

I thought the Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka flavor was a stretch. Then they came out with Cherry Whipped Cream and Chocolate Whipped Cream flavors And last time I went to the liquor store I saw actual whipped cream in a spray can, like Reddi Wip, but with alcohol in it. Enough's enough.

Like I said, I actually like a select few so I can't be too harsh a judge without being a hypocrite. But even the ones I like take a firm back seat to a glass of Irish whiskey and some ice. The day Bushmills comes out with a blueberry pancake flavor, I officially lose all faith in humanity.

I thought the Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka flavor was a stretch. Then they came out with Cherry Whipped Cream and Chocolate Whipped Cream flavors And last time I went to the liquor store I saw actual whipped cream in a spray can, like Reddi Wip, but with alcohol in it. Enough's enough.

Like I said, I actually like a select few so I can't be too harsh a judge without being a hypocrite. But even the ones I like take a firm back seat to a glass of Irish whiskey and some ice. The day Bushmills comes out with a blueberry pancake flavor, I officially lose all faith in humanity.

Dustin Penner Pancake Vodka? :lol: