Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

Rant: Lingustics can suck my nuts. It is not fun, and I'm an idiot for taking it. "I'm an English major," I thought. "I'm a good writer," I thought. "Words come naturally to me," I thought. "Lingustics is right up my alley," I thought. NOPE.

/Rant.

Ive thought of taking that in the past, suddenly glad I didnt blow a couple K on it. Whats so bad?

It's almost like a foreign language in an of itself. What makes it confusing for me is that the letters in the phonological alphabet don't always correspond to English spellings, so it throws me off. Bait is /bejt/, for example. I think my problem may be that I read too much into grammar and not enough into the logical sounds of it. I probably went a little overboard with my post, but hey, being stuck inside on a beautiful day will do that to a guy.

hmm. I always thought it was spelled Linguistics. Glad I skipped Kahledge!

:lol: Nice catch. Fitting I would misspell it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I both have the flu. It's been surprisingly fun going through together. Chills and sweats are more fun with a buddy. :P

It's much much less fun when both sick with two kids to take care of.. with one being only 2 months old ; )

That little demon really didn't understand that we need some sleep ! ; )

Haha mous!  It was great having the 10 year old!  She could do all the work we needed her to do.  We'd tell her to put away clean dishes or go feed the chickens and she'd start this little fake cough as if she was sick too.  It was great comedy for us!  Hope you both feel better.

My husband is getting another cold now.  I'm nearly completely better.

We're all cracking up about this:

http://youtu.be/Vn3GDgINXxQ

Is this a do-over from a Canadian hockey show?  Anyhow - it's pretty funny poor old dude. I try not to be that chick - but my husband is so NOT that guy. He's the dork who calls me and tells me what's going on and messages pictures and stuff.  I only just found out none of his friends knows he does this!

Can someone tell me wtf happened to the sense of humor on this site?  Did Triumph and friends truly successfully snuff it out?

This is what happens when non-hockey players take over a message board.  That's it... I have my answer.  I thought it was just me -- it's a message board so of course it's all about ME.  But I see it's not.  The friend who showed me the clip above was equally floored that no one even commented -- it's weird of you all.  It's like you guys dont understand hockey!!  it's like no one has ever played!!!  It's WEIRD!!!!  It's STEPFORD BOARD here!!!!

I've been losing it like crazy here and there -- but now I see it all for what it is... 

It's like Invasion of the Hockey Snatchers!!!  

:wacko:

Just saw it now, got a laugh out of it.  I run an adult league and I CANNOT STAND the teams that sit around and drink in the locker rooms.  Just like the guy in the video said, it doesn't matter if they have the earliest game or the latest game, we still end up having to kick them out at the end of the night so we can close the place.  Go to a bar or something instead!

I just saw this random thoughts thread...

Disclaimer is most of my random thoughts are negative. Haha.

I wish the following things would disappear ASAP:

- The Harlem Shake

- Flash Mobs

- "Keep Calm and blah blah"

On a side note, in last nights chat and in a post above I noticed that Triumph seems to be getting the reputation as a wet blanket.  What's the genesis of this?  Is it a cumulative thing or was there one specific incident that I missed?

haha -- you're awesome DM.

Nah tri is great - he's just moving into curmudgeon territory a little bit lately. 

There are 2 camps and the stats camp do a Superior Dance all over the "I need to vent" camp, making themselves perfect targets.  Neither group is tolerant of the other.

I'm in the empath camp and generally irritate the sh!t out of everyone.

So does anyone watch H2O - Just Add Water?  My daughter is watching it on Netflix.  I hate how much I like this show  :giggle:

Anyone ever take a puck to the eye? Just happened to me at my game today? Any advice?

When I was in first grade my neighbor and I came up with a game called war.  Basically we pretended that all the baseball bats and hockey sticks scattered across our backyards were swords and anything that can be thrown was a grenade.  One day he came over with a new grenade which happened to be an ice hockey puck and he chucked at my face.  I had to get a few stitches on my eyebrow and couldn't go to recess for like a week.  In conclusion, I don't really have any advice for you, go to a doctor I guess.

When I was in first grade my neighbor and I came up with a game called war.  Basically we pretended that all the baseball bats and hockey sticks scattered across our backyards were swords and anything that can be thrown was a grenade.  One day he came over with a new grenade which happened to be an ice hockey puck and he chucked at my face.  I had to get a few stitches on my eyebrow and couldn't go to recess for like a week.  In conclusion, I don't really have any advice for you, go to a doctor I guess.

lol I got lucky since the puck hit my below the eye and rolled up so it wasn't direct impact. Little bit of swelling but it's been reduced with some cold compress.