Concerts

Devils Dose

Sure, anytime of year is a good time to listen to a great band, but something about the onset seems inspire that feeling within me. It's concert season.

So here's a plcae to talk about the shows you've seen or are going to see.

I'll get things started

I've got tickets to:

Pearl Jam

May 18
th

Prudential Center (be weird going back when I thought my next visit wouldn't come until Sept)

Bon Jovi

May 29
th

New Meadowlands Stadium (on the field for my first visit to the Stadium? Nice)

Crowded House

July 23
rd

Wellmont Theater

Green Day

August 14
th

PNC Bank Arts Center

Rush

September 3
rd

also at PNC

Obviously looking forward to PJ right now since that one's coming up so soon, but I know that I will be excited all summer to go see Rush for the first time.

Some others I want to see:

U2

Ringo Starr

Weezer

Santana

Roger Waters

REO Speedwagon

Edited by Devils Dose

Currently all I have planned are:

Warped Tour - July 21st - Monmouth Racetrack

Lollapalooza - August 6th-8th - Grant Park, Chicago

Probably going to:

Great American Food & Music Festival - June 13th - New Meadowlands Stadium (...soihadto... [Duff from Ace of Cake's band])

Bamboozle Roadshow - June 24th - Six Flags Great Adventure (lots of sh!tty bands, and Third Eye Blind)

If Eve 6 announce a local show (and I'm reasonably sure they will), I'll definitely be going to that. And I usually manage one or two shows at Starland if anything interesting comes out. But the majority of my cash is going towards Lollapalooza.

Rage Against the Machine with Gogol Bordello, Gallows, and Roots Manuva

June 6th

Finsbury Park, London

This is their free show they promised for Killing in the Name beating out the X Factor winner for the #1 Christmas single in the UK. I'm looking forward to checking out Gogol Bordello too, my public speaking teacher told me about them and said they are a great live band. I thought it was kind of weird since he is in his 50s but oh well haha. Only problem is I'm flying out for a week-long vacation in Ireland on June 2nd, and even though all the tickets were claimed online back in February, See Tickets isn't mailing them out until the last week of May, so I'm worried that my ticket for this might not arrive in time. :(

Rage Against the Machine with Gallows

June 8th

O2 Arena, Dublin

At least if I don't get my ticket for the London show in time, I'll definitely be at this one. :)

Iron Maiden with Dream Theater

July 11th

PNC

I saw Iron Maiden the last time they came to PNC and it was an awesome show. They played only songs from Powerslave and earlier. This time they have a new CD they're pushing so I'm sure it won't be as good but I feel like it's worth seeing them at least from the lawn again regardless.

Iced Earth with Sons of Liberty

September 23rd at Nokia Theatre

I saw them last year and it was a real good show despite not playing some of their best songs. This time around they are going with a greatest hits setlist so I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

My friend somehow convinced a bunch of us to go to Weird Al at PNC. Should be fun (or it better be for $60:P)

I really want to see Silversun Pickups, Modest Mouse, and Weezer. And I want to see if Chiddy Bang is going to be around NJ/NY this summer. I'm loving them right now.

Luckiest man alive.

If people want tickets to that Pearl Jam show, you should check out StubHub. I got mine there, for $33 apiece after fees. You'd better hurry up though; I think that they switch to "Last Minute" status soon, and the added fee for that is a killer :angry: .

Saw The National twice in Richmond a few weeks ago and they killed. Seeing them again on Saturday in Brooklyn. Camera Obscura in June, Osheaga Festival in Montreal in July, and then ATP in Sept.

Im sure Ill see more but these are confirmed with tix and all that already.

Currently all I have planned are:

Warped Tour - July 21st - Monmouth Racetrack

Lollapalooza - August 6th-8th - Grant Park, Chicago

Probably going to:

Great American Food & Music Festival - June 13th - New Meadowlands Stadium (...soihadto... [Duff from Ace of Cake's band])

Bamboozle Roadshow - June 24th - Six Flags Great Adventure (lots of sh!tty bands, and Third Eye Blind)

If Eve 6 announce a local show (and I'm reasonably sure they will), I'll definitely be going to that. And I usually manage one or two shows at Starland if anything interesting comes out. But the majority of my cash is going towards Lollapalooza.

I heard that the UC Music Fest Committee is looking to get Third Eye Blind again for the festival in September. 3EB in Clark again would be awesome. That show was ridiculous.

Weezer still sounds great live. I just found out I have a pass to Bonnaroo!

my friend has worked bonnaroo for a couple summers now as night time security. she basically gets paid to watch the entire festival and gets to throw out idiot drunks. sounds like a blast to me haha.

my work schedule is really screwing up the concerts i wanted to go to. the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

i am unfortunately seeing paramore this summer. i hate paramore. one of my favorite bands though, tegan and sara, are opening for them and my buddy bought me a ticket so i might as well go.

my friend has worked bonnaroo for a couple summers now as night time security. she basically gets paid to watch the entire festival and gets to throw out idiot drunks. sounds like a blast to me haha.

my work schedule is really screwing up the concerts i wanted to go to. the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

i am unfortunately seeing paramore this summer. i hate paramore. one of my favorite bands though, tegan and sara, are opening for them and my buddy bought me a ticket so i might as well go.

I used to really like the Juliana Theory. That album is great. This will be my first bonnaroo, I have a photo pass so I'll be avoiding the crowds and actually get to see some of these bands up close. Can't wait.

I'm looking forward to checking out Gogol Bordello too, my public speaking teacher told me about them and said they are a great live band. I thought it was kind of weird since he is in his 50s but oh well haha

I've seen them live a bunch of times, they do put on a great show. They are very spontaneous and never did the same show the bunch of times I've seen them.

Williamsburg Waterfront ... Does anybody know about this venue, what it's like, parking, etc?

I've never been there yet. But I am going to see Faith No More there July 2

I also hope to see Iron Maiden at PNC July 11. I'm just waiting to see if PNC offers any discount days like it did last summer.

And then hopefully, I'll go see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Izod in November.

Also, I have tix to see Jim Gaffigan at the Nokia Theater in December. ... Bacon.

I used to really like the Juliana Theory. That album is great. This will be my first bonnaroo, I have a photo pass so I'll be avoiding the crowds and actually get to see some of these bands up close. Can't wait.

yeah the last two juliana theory albums weren't really that great. the earlier stuff is just plain awesome. that's awesome about bonnaroo -- i'm totally jealous haha.

i also really want to go to the jukebox the ghost show in late may but i'm pretty sure it's on my mother's birthday so that probably won't happen. lastone, i'm almost positive they're playing lolla this year. you need to check them out. they're SO good.

I've seen them live a bunch of times, they do put on a great show. They are very spontaneous and never did the same show the bunch of times I've seen them.

I had never even heard of them until my girlfriend introduced them to me. They're pretty damn fun. Saw them in NYC around New Years ... great live show (although it was kinda short).

As a sidenote, the lead singer also plays the lead role in the movie Everything Is Illuminated, and it's my own personal theory that that's where Sacha Baron Cohen got his idea for the Borat character.

My friend somehow convinced a bunch of us to go to Weird Al at PNC. Should be fun (or it better be for $60:P)

Weird Al is the most fun you'll have in 2 1/2 hours. He pretty much puts on the most entertaining show you'll ever see. I'm seeing him twice on this tour.

Also: Primus and Gogol Bordello at the Williamsburg Waterfront

Les Claypool in Montclair

Rush at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, followed at midnight by an evening with Primus at the Hard Rock

Southern Culture on The Skids at Maxwell's this Saturday

Kevin Smith on his 40th birthday in Red Bank

and hopefully Conan at Radio City.

I'd like to see Faith No More as well but don't think it's gonna happen.

I've never been there yet. But I am going to see Faith No More there July 2

I also hope to see Iron Maiden at PNC July 11. I'm just waiting to see if PNC offers any discount days like it did last summer.

And then hopefully, I'll go see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Izod in November.

Also, I have tix to see Jim Gaffigan at the Nokia Theater in December. ... Bacon.

Its fairly new, isn't it? RXP has been pimping it a lot as the cool new place to see a concert. They're sponsoring Silversun Pickups, Weezer, and one other band (I'm forgetting who) there.

Weird Al is the most fun you'll have in 2 1/2 hours. He pretty much puts on the most entertaining show you'll ever see. I'm seeing him twice on this tour.

Good to hear. I've always loved Weird Al, but I was unsure if seeing him was worth the money. Now that I hear that it is, I'm looking forward to it.

the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

JULIANA THEORY?!?! Let me know when this happens. I absolutely LOVE Emotion is Dead. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Something Corporate is supposed to tour for the 10 year, so I'm going to every show around here I can.

I am seeing Lady Gaga at the Garden though. I had to give up my Backstreet Boys tickets unfortunetly. :( I'd like to see Weezer as well because they were awesome last year at PNC.

Andrew wants to see DMB, but eh... I don't believe we have the funds for that one and it's out in CitiField so it makes it a little hard to get to unless we stay with my uncle in Middle Village.

I'll totally be seeing Lady Gaga as part of Lollapalooza. And yes, I actually want to see the show. Actually, of our little group going, I might be the only one who wants to see it.

Gogol Bordello is STELLAR live, SO much fun to see. Eugene Hutz is such a great personality. And yeah, as DIG said, he was in Everything Is Illuminated (an AWESOME movie based on an AWESOME book).

I would love for Third Eye Blind to play the UC Music Fest again. I just saw them about a month ago in Montclair, and will be seeing them at Six Flags most likely, still a great live band. I also contend that UC Music Fest would be a perfect show for Eve 6 to play, they fit in perfectly with the Third Eye Blind/Gin Blossoms/Tonic bookings from last year. Let me know if you hear any more on that.