Concerts

Devils Dose

Monday Night: IRON MAIDEN the greatest heavy metal band in the world at MSG.

I was at both shows in the area. Dream Theater totally kicked ass with their 50 minutes. Iron Maiden was great, although it seems many people complain about the setlist...(not enough as Bruce said, "fossils from 1984.")

I ended up not going to the Maiden show, had to go to my cousin's graduation party instead.

I'll probably be going to that Gogol Bordello show at Williamsburg Waterfront (thanks for the heads-up skeeter) and making a day of it, stopping at L&B Spumoni Gardens on the way there, and the kickass chicken and gyro platter stand at 53rd and 6th on the way back.

How is Williamsburg Waterfront? I've never been there before.

I was there about a week and a half ago. I thought it was OK. Had no problems, really.

I just wished the beer section wasn't roped off. And it would've been cooler if the stage had its back to the Manhattan skyline rather than the stage facing it, meaning the fans' backs are to the skyline.

But those are small complaints.

I was there about a week and a half ago. I thought it was OK. Had no problems, really.

I just wished the beer section wasn't roped off. And it would've been cooler if the stage had its back to the Manhattan skyline rather than the stage facing it, meaning the fans' backs are to the skyline.

But those are small complaints.

I read that they changed it to that because of noise complaints. Makes sense, now the noise goes out over the water. Shame, it would make for an amazing view otherwise.

Anybody hitting up the Green Day concert in August? I'l be rockin my red to that one for sure!

I was going to go to that one, but probably not anymore now that Phoenix announced a show at the Garden in October.

(Green Day and Phoenix are playing at the same time at Lollapalooza and I really want to see both, see.)

I was at both shows in the area. Dream Theater totally kicked ass with their 50 minutes. Iron Maiden was great, although it seems many people complain about the setlist...(not enough as Bruce said, "fossils from 1984.")

My friends voted to miss Dream Theatre so we drank heavily and I missed their set.

I actually appreciated the set-list, BECAUSE they didn't play the hits. It actually introduced me to epic songs that I actually hadn't heard before (Dance of Death, Blood Brothers) and others that I have a new appreciation for (Wrathchild, These Colours don't run, Brave New World). OF course, Wicker Man, Fear of the Dark are classics in themselves, but unknown outside of Maiden fans.

Overall Maiden was great. Bruce just rules. Not sure if you remember this from Monday night:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/07/iron_maiden_fans_hate_canada_m.html

I'm sure no one really cares here, but Lady Gaga at the Garden last Wednesday was absolutely fantastic. That girl has an amazing voice and her sets were out of this world.

Oh and two Wednesdays ago, Andrew took me to see Dave Matthews Band. I may have given up some of my hatred for that guy but they can totally play. Haha. :(

Next show for us is Something Corporate in August and Possibly.... if my connections follow up The Great Allentown Fair for Weezer. Turns out at my new job, I work with Pat Wilson's (the drummer from Weezer) sister in law. I almost peed myself when she told me. :hail:

Went to FNM on the Williamsburg Waterfront, Iron Maiden @ MSG, and have the American Carnage Tour (Slayer/Megadeth/Testament) coming up @ IZOD on Aug 12th \m/

For any Devs fans who also happen to be hard rock/metal fans, check out our website/facebook page:

Horns Up Rocks

We'll be sponsoring a few smaller shows in the city this year, as well as having cool events/giveaways.

Edited by bpcdev

Went to Warped Tour today. I'm getting too old for that sh!t.

Glad we got there extremely early - last time I went was 06 and we sat in traffic for two hours. This time we were there before the gates opened and hit no traffic at all.

The set times we funky, with the two bands my friend wanted to see the most (Andrew WK and Reel Big Fish) being the first two bands to play on the main stage. It was actually pretty cool that way, Andrew WK was all kinds of fun and we were right up against the barricade. I've never been a fan of the whole pandering Party feel good thing he does, but it IS pretty fun in a live setting.

Spent the rest of the day wandering and checking out the few bands that didn't sound like everyone else (you know, whiny pop punk or screamy semi-hardcore). Found a really good Irish punk band called The Mighty Regis, who were hilarious, did a great Pogues cover, and ended with a wild version of Danny Boy.

Walking by SUM41 looking for my friends, I heard them cover Master of Puppets and Paint it Black. The Metallica cover was actually pretty awesome.

Reel Big Fish were fun as hell, Alkaline Trio was disappointingly kind of boring.

Hot as hell day, and I'm probably burnt to a crisp despite using tons of sunblock all day. Good tune up for Lollapalooza, I had forgotten how brutal those all-day outdoor summer festivals can be when it's hot.

Went to Warped Tour today. I'm getting too old for that sh!t.

I stopped going in 2005 when I passed out from heat stroke and was helped by Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy.... that was a weird afternooon. They just don't make em like they used to and most of the bands are complete garbage and not worth the money.

I still wanna know if Skate and Surf is for real this year. http://www.skateandsurffest.com/ still not an actual site and says that it's coming this year. It would be nice to know if it's real, because I'm breaking out the 04 sweatshirt and going. lol