Devils Fans Get Ripped For Booing Giguere

Dr. Death

Listening to Mike and Mike, Today Show, and Michael Kay show, I have to hear the hosts ripping Devils fans for booing Giguere. BOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no problem with the Devils fans booing Giguere at all last night. I really don't. I was outraged that he got the Symthe at first even though I have no problem with him winning it as I think about it. It's nothing personal. They booed because they felt the Devils never got the recognition they deserve especially Brodeur. I honestly saw nothing wrong by the way Devils fans behave. I was very happy that he got booed last night.

Oh please do you mean to tell me that if the Rags won (yeah I know guys it is a Big Streeeeeeeeeeeech but humor me!) and say Jiggs got the MVP that the rags fans would not have done the same exact thing. Give me a break those two freakin idiots are a waste of time.

By the way last night I was listening to their show driving home from work.

Bettman was on and he said two very interesting things:

Fatso and Idiot: Are you going to do anything about the goalie equipment getting larger?

Bettman: Yes, the league will be looking at regulating the size of goalie equipment. The pads are meant to protect the goalie not stop pucks.

Second one:

Fatso and Idiot: Asked some stupid question about CAP's in Hockey. Don't remember the exact words..

Bettman: Well if you look the teams that did exceptionally well this year you will see that they had lower salary levels. And the team with the highest payroll did not even make the playoffs. I don't have to tell you guys any more you "know" what team I'm talking about.

BAHAHAHAHAHA I never laughed so hard.......

Marty had better numbers. 4 regulation shut outs! And it's not like he was terrible in the first 3 rounds either.

Steve Levy agreed it should have gone to Brodeur and had no problem with the Devils fans booing the selection.

Levy also brought up Jiggy's pads. Said they were obviously illegal and the way that he got around it was that when they're hanging in the lockerroom and measured, they're legit. But when he goes down into the butterfly, an extra pad rises up from his shoulders about 3 inches.

Bettman got louder boos than Giguere. Did Gig at least wipe away his tears before accepting?

No he didn't and he didn't even turn it around the right way. Ungrateful little sod!

My mother was funny she said she tried to watch more of Stevens on the post game "but all they showed was this one Duck crying all the time" Someone should have told him to shut his mouth too -- that made him look all the more weepy -- like he was filled with teary snot -- maybe he's just a mouth breather though :lol::mellow: just kidding little guy ;) (Don't want to set off Derek, defender of losers non-winners everywhere, or anything)

StarDew, what can I say? We disagree. I thought Brodeur was sensational the first 2 rounds, came up huge in Game 7 against Ottawa and recorded 3 shutouts in the finals. Without his ability to bounce back from subpar performances, the Devils don't win the Cup.

But Madden, Mr. Intensity, is a fine choice, too. the guy's built for playoff hockey.

StarDew, what can I say? We disagree. I thought Brodeur was sensational the first 2 rounds, came up huge in Game 7 against Ottawa and recorded 3 shutouts in the finals. Without his ability to bounce back from subpar performances, the Devils don't win the Cup.

But Madden, Mr. Intensity, is a fine choice, too. the guy's built for playoff hockey.

Jerry...that is fine...remember I have said several times...I didn't get to see rounds 1 or 2...just newspaper or radio...Madden shutting down the opponents offense and getting a few goals/asst and that wonderful SCF face...what can I say...Madden works for me...when Marty is good he is very good...when he is bad he is very bad...imo...Madden is more consistent which is why I chose him :D

Marty may have 3 shutouts in Finals but 1st 2 games he had nothing difficult...next 4 games he was wobbley...7th was heaven tho ;)

Well I guess I have to come to Jiggs defense after poking around the boards I found out that his mom is very sick and she is dying. He wanted to win the cup for her before she died. He even said he was thinking of his mom during the whole game. I don't see anything wrong with him crying.

We all remember Marty doing that when he lost to the Rags in 94. OT game 7 remember? I 'll never forget him just flat out on the ice in tears.

So I say lets not make fun of him for crying seems like he had some pretty valid reasons to cry.

I watched the tape tonight, too, and you're absolutely right. And there are a lot of fans clapping.

I do understand the boos though. Too bad people couldn't have thought quickly enough to chant "Marty" instead of booing. That would have been cool.