All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

What are your guys opinions on the Devils 25th patch, Does it only belong on a reebok pre-edge jersey?

Well it definitely doesn't belong on any edge jersey. As for the old CCM 550s, I think you can slide by with that one. However I still see a lot of reebok 6100's out there so it wouldn't be hard to do it 100% right.

What are your guys opinions on the Devils 25th patch, Does it only belong on a reebok pre-edge jersey?

IMO, it only belongs only on a pre-RBK jersey, just like you can't put the '95, '00 or '03 SC patches on a RBK jersey.

Actually, RBK was the jersey supplier that season, but they weren't the Edge jerseys- they didn't come until the following season. I have an authentic Elias with the 25th patch and the C from that season ordered directly from the Devils and it's a RBK jersey.

Actually, RBK was the jersey supplier that season, but they weren't the Edge jerseys- they didn't come until the following season. I have an authentic Elias with the 25th patch and the C from that season ordered directly from the Devils and it's a RBK jersey.

Correct. In the 2005-06 and 06-07 season they wore the reebok 6100 jerseys that had a similar cut to the CCM 550's. 2007-08 was the first season reebok switched to the Edge 1.0 cut.

Hey, I'm new to the board and am looking for a little information about Devils jerseys.  (I've been a long-time casual Devils fan going back to the mid-1980s, but my interest level in the Devils probably has hit its highest level since 1994-1996 in last year's playoffs and this season.)  I currently live down in the DC area but still periodically travel to the Lehigh Valley in eastern PA to visit my parents.  I'm wondering what brick and mortar stores in north or central Jersey sell fairly cheap, blank replica Devils jerseys (either Reebok-branded or old CCM-branded); I'm especially interested in finding out about stores that are cheaper than some of the cheaper but legitimate on-line sites like SportsK.com (who I've bought a couple blank replica Devils jerseys from in the last couple of months).  In particular, I'm wondering what places are near the I-78, I-80, and I-287 corridors relatively far west of the Jersey Turnpike (i.e. closer to the Lehigh Valley), say in or near the Rockaway Mall on I-80 or the shopping centers near the Somerset Patriots ballpark in Bridgewater near I-287 or points west of there.  Obviously I'm familiar with places like Modell's, Champs, and Schuylkill Valley Sporting Goods (with the latter there's a location at the Phillipsburg Mall), but I'm wondering if there are other places.  From reading through this thread, I saw there is one place in Bridgewater that had some good prices on jerseys last year.  Information about other places, especially those west of the NJ Turnpike or near a NJ Transit Northeast Corridor and/or PATH station (I sometimes come up to the NYC area on Amtrak, BoltBus, or Megabus), would be helpful.

To help you guys better help me, the following is what I'm looking for (in all cases size adult extra-large), listed in order of how much I want them:

*Devils' red (home) replica, Reebok - I bought one of these from SportsK and the logo wasn't attached quite right; there is a small indentation at the bottom and as a result the logo looks a little "puffy", somewhat like the old Starter replica NHL jerseys that were around in the 1990s (and that I always thought looked inferior to the CCM replicas) and the fake knockoffs I've seen at some non-legitimate websites.  The jersey I bought was a Reebok Edge Premier 2 (i.e. it had the Reebok wordmark below the back collar).  For whatever it is worth, the Devils' white replica I bought from SportsK was a Reebok Edge Premier 1 (i.e. had the Reebok symbol below the back collar) and looked perfect (well, for a replica anyway).

*Devils' vintage (red and green) replica, either CCM or Reebok - I'd really love to get one of those jerseys.  SportsK is currently selling these for $105.  Are there any B&R stores in north/central Jersey that would be cheaper than that?

*Devils' replica (white or red), CCM - I was looking at the Hockey Jerseys Direct website shown on page 1 of this thread and it looked like they *might* have CCM replicas still available for $78.  I sent an e-mail to them yesterday (Saturday 3/2) asking about this and am waiting to hear back from them.  (As a side note, one negative by-product of the Devils' (IMO, smart) decision to not change their jerseys during the 2007 CCM to Reebok transition was that unlike most teams, they didn't have CCM replicas sold at Ollie's Bargain Oulet for $30 and then $15 in the 2008-2011 time frame.  I was looking and looking for Devils CCM replicas at Ollie's and didn't find out until 2011 why there were no Devils replicas available.)

*Colorado Rockies' blue replica, CCM - I've seen these at SportsK for $98 though unfortunately not in XL.  They do have white Rockies' white replicas in XL for $105.

*Kansas City Scouts' blue replica (any) - I've never seen these at any site besides eBay in the 6-8 months I've been looking more closely for hockey jerseys.  Also, unlike the Rockies blue replicas, I don't remember seeing them in the store when a high number of replica, vintage NHL jerseys were seemingly sold at retail in (I think) the roughly 2003-2006 time frame.

I also have some general interest in some of the replica WHA jerseys manufactured by K-1 Sportswear that some sites, including SportsK, sell, but those are a lower priority/want.

One other question - does New Jersey charge sales tax on clothing?  IIRC, like Pennsylvania but unlike Maryland, it does not, but things may have changed since the mid-1990s when I bought some Devils' 1995 Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions apparel at the Phillipsburg Mall.

Any feedback any of you could provide would be appreciated.

P.S. From what I've read over the last couple of weeks on this site, this looks like a pretty good message board.  I'm surprised that it appears there are really only 3 or 4 Devils message boards out there - this site, HF Boards, DevilsRule, and NJ.com (the last of which now appears to have an unfriendly user interface).  At any rate, as a more casual fan who doesn't/can't watch too many games (though I attended that Saturday afternoon debacle against the Capitals on 2/23 when the Devils showed up for half of one period), I'll probably lurk more than post.

Question for you guys.... some at work just handed me a jersey they had sitting in their closet for who knows how many years. Its a white Pro Player jersey (the material feels heavier then any other jersey ive worn). Its blank with only the Devils logo stitched on the front, pro player logo patch on sleeve cuff and eastern conference patch and pro player logo on bottom in back. Any idea what year its from?

But main question.... Id like to get it customized and have name and number patches sewn on. Any idea where the best place to take it would be (or send it I suppose) I dont have any of the patches, so I could not provide those, so looking for a full service place. Im in mid-central jersey, so somewhere in that area would be best, and I suppose I could ship it somewhere if that is a more cost effective/better result scenario. Thanks for any info!

Question for you guys.... some at work just handed me a jersey they had sitting in their closet for who knows how many years. Its a white Pro Player jersey (the material feels heavier then any other jersey ive worn). Its blank with only the Devils logo stitched on the front, pro player logo patch on sleeve cuff and eastern conference patch and pro player logo on bottom in back. Any idea what year its from?

But main question.... Id like to get it customized and have name and number patches sewn on. Any idea where the best place to take it would be (or send it I suppose) I dont have any of the patches, so I could not provide those, so looking for a full service place. Im in mid-central jersey, so somewhere in that area would be best, and I suppose I could ship it somewhere if that is a more cost effective/better result scenario. Thanks for any info!

Players wore Pro Player on the ice in the 1999-2000 season only.  Most likely what you have is a replica from around that time period.  The issue with those Pro Player replicas is that the black shoulders are in the wrong shape where they form almost a peak at the arms.  They are pretty nice jerseys otherwise.

Hey, I'm new to the board and am looking for a little information about Devils jerseys.  (I've been a long-time casual Devils fan going back to the mid-1980s, but my interest level in the Devils probably has hit its highest level since 1994-1996 in last year's playoffs and this season.)  I currently live down in the DC area but still periodically travel to the Lehigh Valley in eastern PA to visit my parents.  I'm wondering what brick and mortar stores in north or central Jersey sell fairly cheap, blank replica Devils jerseys (either Reebok-branded or old CCM-branded); I'm especially interested in finding out about stores that are cheaper than some of the cheaper but legitimate on-line sites like SportsK.com (who I've bought a couple blank replica Devils jerseys from in the last couple of months).  In particular, I'm wondering what places are near the I-78, I-80, and I-287 corridors relatively far west of the Jersey Turnpike (i.e. closer to the Lehigh Valley), say in or near the Rockaway Mall on I-80 or the shopping centers near the Somerset Patriots ballpark in Bridgewater near I-287 or points west of there.  Obviously I'm familiar with places like Modell's, Champs, and Schuylkill Valley Sporting Goods (with the latter there's a location at the Phillipsburg Mall), but I'm wondering if there are other places.  From reading through this thread, I saw there is one place in Bridgewater that had some good prices on jerseys last year.  Information about other places, especially those west of the NJ Turnpike or near a NJ Transit Northeast Corridor and/or PATH station (I sometimes come up to the NYC area on Amtrak, BoltBus, or Megabus), would be helpful.

To help you guys better help me, the following is what I'm looking for (in all cases size adult extra-large), listed in order of how much I want them:

*Devils' red (home) replica, Reebok - I bought one of these from SportsK and the logo wasn't attached quite right; there is a small indentation at the bottom and as a result the logo looks a little "puffy", somewhat like the old Starter replica NHL jerseys that were around in the 1990s (and that I always thought looked inferior to the CCM replicas) and the fake knockoffs I've seen at some non-legitimate websites.  The jersey I bought was a Reebok Edge Premier 2 (i.e. it had the Reebok wordmark below the back collar).  For whatever it is worth, the Devils' white replica I bought from SportsK was a Reebok Edge Premier 1 (i.e. had the Reebok symbol below the back collar) and looked perfect (well, for a replica anyway).

*Devils' vintage (red and green) replica, either CCM or Reebok - I'd really love to get one of those jerseys.  SportsK is currently selling these for $105.  Are there any B&R stores in north/central Jersey that would be cheaper than that?

*Devils' replica (white or red), CCM - I was looking at the Hockey Jerseys Direct website shown on page 1 of this thread and it looked like they *might* have CCM replicas still available for $78.  I sent an e-mail to them yesterday (Saturday 3/2) asking about this and am waiting to hear back from them.  (As a side note, one negative by-product of the Devils' (IMO, smart) decision to not change their jerseys during the 2007 CCM to Reebok transition was that unlike most teams, they didn't have CCM replicas sold at Ollie's Bargain Oulet for $30 and then $15 in the 2008-2011 time frame.  I was looking and looking for Devils CCM replicas at Ollie's and didn't find out until 2011 why there were no Devils replicas available.)

*Colorado Rockies' blue replica, CCM - I've seen these at SportsK for $98 though unfortunately not in XL.  They do have white Rockies' white replicas in XL for $105.

*Kansas City Scouts' blue replica (any) - I've never seen these at any site besides eBay in the 6-8 months I've been looking more closely for hockey jerseys.  Also, unlike the Rockies blue replicas, I don't remember seeing them in the store when a high number of replica, vintage NHL jerseys were seemingly sold at retail in (I think) the roughly 2003-2006 time frame.

I also have some general interest in some of the replica WHA jerseys manufactured by K-1 Sportswear that some sites, including SportsK, sell, but those are a lower priority/want.

One other question - does New Jersey charge sales tax on clothing?  IIRC, like Pennsylvania but unlike Maryland, it does not, but things may have changed since the mid-1990s when I bought some Devils' 1995 Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions apparel at the Phillipsburg Mall.

Any feedback any of you could provide would be appreciated.

P.S. From what I've read over the last couple of weeks on this site, this looks like a pretty good message board.  I'm surprised that it appears there are really only 3 or 4 Devils message boards out there - this site, HF Boards, DevilsRule, and NJ.com (the last of which now appears to have an unfriendly user interface).  At any rate, as a more casual fan who doesn't/can't watch too many games (though I attended that Saturday afternoon debacle against the Capitals on 2/23 when the Devils showed up for half of one period), I'll probably lurk more than post.

Honestly there are not a ton of brick and mortar stores in NJ that can beat online prices.

As for SportsK, I am honestly not sure how good they are.  I have heard a few mixed reviews of that place and I have never ordered from there mostly because their "Vintages" look to be knockoffs.  The biggest giveaway are the Devils red white and green throwback they have listed on there as it doesn't have the right label.

Recently got a Devils jersey for my birthday.  Wanted to ship it off to EPS for customizing.  Who has dealt with them before? What's their general turnaround time?

I have had a few jerseys done at Exclusive Pro. It can take a while (two months?) but it is well worth the wait.

Recently got a Devils jersey for my birthday.  Wanted to ship it off to EPS for customizing.  Who has dealt with them before? What's their general turnaround time?

I have quite a bit in the last few months.  Typically they have taken about 8 weeks to turn around my jerseys (I usually send a couple at a time) but the latest batch of 2 I got back last month took exactly 4 weeks.  Email them and Josh will let you know how much it will be, the turn-around time, etc.  Don't forget to be very detailed, ask for layered and provide photos of exactly what you want.

Thanks for the follow-ups!

Now I just need to pick a player and possibly wait until a contract situation is worked out.  No more UFA jerseys for me!

If it is Elias I would say you can go ahead now.  Even if he signs with another team (which I doubt) he is still one of those "All-time Devils" like Stevens, Brodeur, Niedermayer, Daneyko, etc.

Honestly there are not a ton of brick and mortar stores in NJ that can beat online prices.

As for SportsK, I am honestly not sure how good they are.  I have heard a few mixed reviews of that place and I have never ordered from there mostly because their "Vintages" look to be knockoffs.  The biggest giveaway are the Devils red white and green throwback they have listed on there as it doesn't have the right label.

DevsMan84 - I forgot to thank you for responding.

My impression of SportsK is they are legitimate.  Unlike most suspect sites, they post contact information, including their mailing address, on their site.  (They are based in the Detroit area.)  I can personally attest that if you contact them by e-mail, they'll get back to you.  (I e-mailed them about 2 months ago about the Devils' Vintage CCM replicas because the green in the picture they were using looked black.  They got back to me a few days later and said they'd post a new picture, and a couple weeks after they responded they posted a new picture where the green in the Devils' Vintage jersey is obviously green.)  Additionally, they also provide the kind of details about jerseys, like who manufactured the jersey (Reebok for the Edge Premier jerseys, CCM for the Vintage NHL jerseys, K-1 for the WHA and "Miracle on Ice" jerseys, etc.) and how the crests are attached to the jersey, that the sites selling fakes don't provide.  The one issue with SportsK, at least to some people but not me, is I think they only sell replica hockey jerseys and don't sell authentic jerseys (which from what I've read somewhere, maybe even this thread, aren't actually authentic anyway with the Edge 2 Authentics).

I think the problem I have with the "NJ" crest on my red Devils Premier Edge 2 (which mind you isn't that bad; I'm just picky about things like this) is a Premier Edge 2 issue (and Reebok's quality control going down) rather than a SportsK.com issue.

Edited by CHIP72

DevsMan84 - I forgot to thank you for responding.

My impression of SportsK is they are legitimate. Unlike most suspect sites, they post contact information, including their mailing address, on their site. (They are based in the Detroit area.) I can personally attest that if you contact them by e-mail, they'll get back to you. (I e-mailed them about 2 months ago about the Devils' Vintage CCM replicas because the green in the picture they were using looked black. They got back to me a few days later and said they'd post a new picture, and a couple weeks after they responded they posted a new picture where the green in the Devils' Vintage jersey is obviously green.) Additionally, they also provide the kind of details about jerseys, like who manufactured the jersey (Reebok for the Edge Premier jerseys, CCM for the Vintage NHL jerseys, K-1 for the WHA and "Miracle on Ice" jerseys, etc.) and how the crests are attached to the jersey, that the sites selling fakes don't provide. The one issue with SportsK, at least to some people but not me, is I think they only sell replica hockey jerseys and don't sell authentic jerseys (which from what I've read somewhere, maybe even this thread, aren't actually authentic anyway with the Edge 2 Authentics).

I think the problem I have with the "NJ" crest on my red Devils Premier Edge 2 (which mind you isn't that bad; I'm just picky about things like this) is a Premier Edge 2 issue (and Reebok's quality control going down) rather than a SportsK.com issue.

Do you have an actual authentic reebok edge throwback devils jersey or one of the fakes? I know a good 90-95% of the edge throwbacks I see are fake.

Also the site may be from the US and may be a legit enterprise, but their jerseys look highly suspect. For the devils CCM style throwback they have listed, the neck tagging is completely wrong from the official ones.

Do you have an actual authentic reebok edge throwback devils jersey or one of the fakes? I know a good 90-95% of the edge throwbacks I see are fake.

Also the site may be from the US and may be a legit enterprise, but their jerseys look highly suspect. For the devils CCM style throwback they have listed, the neck tagging is completely wrong from the official ones.

I don't have a Devils Vintage (CCM) jersey yet; that's why I contacted SportsK about their photo of that jersey.

What I do have are 1) a white Devils Edge Premier 1 (i.e. Reebok vectors logo) that has a perfectly attached crest and 2) a red Devils Edge Premier 2 (i.e. Reebok wordmark logo) that has a crest that isn't attached quite right.  (I also have a few older CCM replicas that I picked up for cheap at Ollie's Bargain Outlets.)  Neither of these Reebok jerseys are authentics; they are Edge Premier (i.e. replicas that sell for $120-125 or so at most legitimate and some illegitimate websites).  I bought both of the jerseys through SportsK, roughly one month apart (white jersey was bought first).

Incidentally, I did look at the tags on the Devils Vintage CCM jersey on both the SportsK website and one of the popular, reputable websites (probably either IceJerseys.com or CoolHockey.com, I can't remember which one), and the neck tags looked essentially the same to me.

Edited by CHIP72

I don't have a Devils Vintage (CCM) jersey yet; that's why I contacted SportsK about their photo of that jersey.

What I do have are 1) a white Devils Edge Premier 1 (i.e. Reebok vectors logo) that has a perfectly attached crest and 2) a red Devils Edge Premier 2 (i.e. Reebok wordmark logo) that has a crest that isn't attached quite right.  (I also have a few older CCM replicas that I picked up for cheap at Ollie's Bargain Outlets.)  Neither of these Reebok jerseys are authentics; they are Edge Premier (i.e. replicas that sell for $120-125 or so at most legitimate and some illegitimate websites).  I bought both of the jerseys through SportsK, roughly one month apart (white jersey was bought first).

Incidentally, I did look at the tags on the Devils Vintage CCM jersey on both the SportsK website and one of the popular, reputable websites (probably either IceJerseys.com or CoolHockey.com, I can't remember which one), and the neck tags looked essentially the same to me.

They are not even remotely close.  Below is a comparison shot.  The one on the left is a picture I have taken of one of my official throwbacks I got at the NHL store in manhattan.  The exact same tag appears on my other two throwbacks; one from Modells back in 2010 and one from J&S Sports Gallery.  The one on the right is from SportsK.  They are not even close.  After the Edge's, the NHL vintage line is the most counterfeited and the one on SportsK looks like the tagging used by those knockoffs you see on ebay for #29 Brodeur with the wrong font and everything.  I have seen one of these in person and they look decent, but there are a few details wrong and the sizing is wonky, usually with the sleeve lengths being too short.

gallery_3795_169_2283.jpg

Here's a comparison of the blue Colorado Rockies jerseys (which I now remember were the jerseys where I was checking the tags) on CoolHockey.com and SportsK.com:

CoolHockey:

rockies_l.jpg

SportsK:

http://www.sportsk.com/colorado-rockies-hockey-jerseys.html (sorry, it wouldn't let me post an image)

I'm pretty sure the tags are the same on both jerseys.

Edited by CHIP72

Here's a comparison of the blue Colorado Rockies jerseys (which I now remember were the jerseys where I was checking the tags) on CoolHockey.com and SportsK.com:

CoolHockey:

rockies_l.jpg

SportsK:

http://www.sportsk.com/colorado-rockies-hockey-jerseys.html (sorry, it wouldn't let me post an image)

I'm pretty sure the tags are the same on both jerseys.

The sportsk rockies jersey looks wonky ad hell and Cool hockey has been known to be suspect at times. Still why does sportsk have the knockoff devils throwback up there?

Also both have been known to be terrible at customizing.

DevsMan84 - frankly, I think your jersey standards are a lot higher than mine (or most other people's).  I think your standard is if the players on the ice didn't wear it, it's fake.  There's nothing wrong with that, though that is a higher standard than I need.

From looking around the internet on other hockey forums, it appears CoolHockey and SportsK (and a few other sites, like IceJerseys and FansEdge) are legitimate hockey jersey and sports apparel sellers.  Heck, the unofficial NHL Uniforms database site - http://www.nhluniforms.com/ - is partially sponsored by CoolHockey and was previously sponsored by SportsK.

Notwithstanding our different jersey standard thresholds, I appreciate your feedback.  If nothing else it made me look more closely at certain websites to convince myself they are legitimate.  Based on my own examination, IMO SportsK and the other sites I mentioned above are legitimate.  I think the issue with my red Devils Edge Premier 2 jersey was that it was an Edge Premier 2, not that SportsK sold it.  I say that because I've seen MANY comments on the internet disparaging the Reebok Edge 2 jerseys, more so the "authentics" but also the replicas.

So im sure this question has been asked many times over....

I see everyone mentioning the different series of reebok jerseys in this thread and i was wondering other than the reebok wordmark on the back vs the logo what other ways can you tell the different reebok series apart? Is there a serial number or anything that differentiates them?

My newest jersey has the reebok wordmark and i assume its the newest version. I notice subtle differences with stitching, etc but nothing too major. It does fit a little bigger than i remember. I tried on a jersey that was the same size at the nhl store about a year and a half ago and it fit perectly. This one seems larger. I wonder if it was a different series and the cut chAnged.

Its interesting to see how the replicas have changed through the years. I have old ccms, a koho, and a coupleof reeboks. All very different in material, cut, weight, how the logo is made, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.