GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Meaning? What, you think Lou should sign him for 6 years at $2.5 mil each, or soemthing?

"If Larsson doesn't outplay Foster there is a very good chance he gets sent down to the AHL until the playoffs."

What made you think I was talking about next season. I am talking this season, if Foster stays on the PP Larsson should be sent down.

humm... this started with "Unless something changes your top 7 defensmen will be...", which made it seem as though you were talking about next season.

As for sending Larsson down, I said something about that already.

:noclue:

I tend to agree with the notion that the top line should be broken up. Why can't we at least give Kovalchuk and Parise a shot to play on separate lines for at least a few games? I don't understand... from the looks of TG's posts today regarding practice, it's going to be the same top two versus Florida... with Zalewski centering Clarkson and Sestito. Interested to see what he will bring to the table.

I tend to agree with the notion that the top line should be broken up. Why can't we at least give Kovalchuk and Parise a shot to play on separate lines for at least a few games? I don't understand... from the looks of TG's posts today regarding practice, it's going to be the same top two versus Florida... with Zalewski centering Clarkson and Sestito. Interested to see what he will bring to the table.

Yeah it should be interesting with Zal in the line up. Hedberg to get the start tomorrow also with Zajac and A-Train both D-t-d. Madden should also be in the line up tomorrow night. :whistling:

humm... this started with "Unless something changes your top 7 defensmen will be...", which made it seem as though you were talking about next season.

As for sending Larsson down, I said something about that already.

:noclue:

Like I said, Larsson is either a #7 defensmen or he is a #1 defensmen for Albany. I know for a fact which one is better for his development. #1 PP time and #1 PK time.

Yeah it should be interesting with Zal in the line up. Hedberg to get the start tomorrow also with Zajac and A-Train both D-t-d. Madden should also be in the line up tomorrow night. :whistling:

I wouldn't count out Zajac or Volchenkov sitting out tomorrow. DeBoer was reported in the S-L to have said that "he's not oppose to playing both if they convince him they're ready to play Friday.", which to me means that if they show up and skate in the morning then they'll probably play. But, we'll see.

Like I said, Larsson is either a #7 defensmen or he is a #1 defensmen for Albany. I know for a fact which one is better for his development. #1 PP time and #1 PK time.

On this year's team, I don't think of Larsson as a #7 defenseman. he's not top 2 or 3 either, by any means, but... the #7 defenseman is a part time player, which is not at all where Larsson is or should be. He's not playing terrifically, but... 7th defenseman? Really? Not to me.

He certainly would be a #1 defenseman in Albany, but I said earlier why I don't think that's a good idea.

I realize there are a lot of people here that are saying not to blame Marty but QUITE A FEW of those that he were in were just soft. I hate to say it but he was playing like a rookie like there. It doesn't help that we never know if this team will either score one goal a game or will blast out five. They just are erratic when it comes to scoring.

Also I was in 131 and there was this obnoxious, drunk Rangers fan that I just wanted to strangle. Typical loud mouth Rags fan. Shouting obscenities and was taunting and trying to pick fights with the people near my section too...anyone else encounter this fool?

i think we shouldnt feel ashamed of last night's game just look at the game tnight... its 7-0 for the Bruins so far against Calgary with about 35 min played...

in the last few weeks they destroyed the Flyers 6-0 and Florida 8-0

since November they are 23-2-2... scoring 106 goals and allowing only 43 goals in 27 games... so i dont think there's a shame about last night really lol they are just super powerful right now

Just an FYI: Boston has put-up a touchdown tonight on Calgary. B's have scored 13 unanswered goals within 24 hours.

Fake Marchand Twitter: "The Flames would be better off with the drummer from Def Leppard in net."

With respect to Brodeur, it's awfully simplistic to look at the final score and talk about him letting in a bunch of soft goals. After the first goal against in the third, the whole team just seemed to have given up. Hell, I thought they had quit in the second, but they killed off that late penalty and seemed to have gotten a boost from it. But I remember being shocked that a couple more of Boston's shots didn't go in (and that was because of Marty). Not that he had a great game, but come on...

Oh, and there's less than 9 minutes left in the Calgary Boston game now, and it's 9-0 Boston. Like I said before, the Bruins are beasts who are gonna boot stomp everyone they face right up until they play Vancouver again, probably, in a rematch of last year (which should be kinda fun to watch.. hopefully the Vancouver PD keeps the idiots from giving Vancouver another black eye, regardless of what happens).

:(

Of course, that's barring an upset, which is always a possibility in the playoffs. The Devils are a great candidate to pull off the "Cinderella run" in the second season.

I wouldn't worry about it. One extra loss is fairly meaningless when we're talking about a record that's > .700 (!)

On this year's team, I don't think of Larsson as a #7 defenseman. he's not top 2 or 3 either, by any means, but... the #7 defenseman is a part time player, which is not at all where Larsson is or should be. He's not playing terrifically, but... 7th defenseman? Really? Not to me.

He certainly would be a #1 defenseman in Albany, but I said earlier why I don't think that's a good idea.

Are you not getting my point. Volchenkov, Greene, Fayne and Tallinder are all better then Larsson. Salvador has been playing better then Larsson and is a key piece of our PK. Foster sucks but if he is a fixture on the PP I doubt he comes out. If we are healthy there is a good chance there is no room for Larsson who only plays 5 on 5 and he isn't doing that well.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I looked at Larsson's stats and he's got 2 goals and 11 assists for 13 points. I think that leads the defense. I'm curious as to what happened to the composure and calm we saw in the beginning of the season.

He is 19 and ran into the rookie wall and bounced off of it. Coaches also have film on him so they are starting to learn his tendencies.

Volchenkov, Greene, Fayne and Tallinder are all better then Larsson.

I don't agree with this. Volchenkov has been hurt, and will be again I'm sure, for one thing. And don't even get me started on Fayne. Green needs to come back as well. But I'm assuming that you're saying that when everyone is healthy, but I still disagree. Besides that, the larger managerial concern here is to get the kid who's (more than likely) going to be a superstar as much ice time as is reasonable. Plus, even with everyone healthy, you've gotta give some guys (including Larsson) some rest.

Besides, I've made a case before that it'd be a good idea for this team to dress 7 defensemen, and I think that's still true. What would you rather have, Janssen or a 7th defenseman dressed?

That being said, someone from the defense corp is ripe to be traded.

Edited by ohms law

I don't agree with this. Volchenkov has been hurt, and will be again I'm sure, for one thing. And don't even get me started on Fayne. Green needs to come back as well. But I'm assuming that you're saying that when everyone is healthy, but I still disagree. Besides that, the larger managerial concern here is to get the kid who's (more than likely) going to be a superstar as much ice time as is reasonable. Plus, even with everyone healthy, you've gotta give some guys (including Larsson) some rest.

Besides, I've made a case before that it'd be a good idea for this team to dress 7 defensemen, and I think that's still true. What would you rather have, Janssen or a 7th defenseman dressed?

If they were going to use a 7th defensmen in the lineup I think Taormina is by far the better choice at this stage in their careers. Taormina is an upgrade over anyone on the PP (Oates will figure it out soon) and can play on the PK. He is more dynamic late in games when offense is needed and has shown to be pretty effective 4 on 4. Larsson is an average 5 on 5 defensmen, he doesn't do much for the team at the moment.

Do I agree that Janssen or Boulton deserve to play in the NHL every game, not in the very least. My opinion on the 4th line means nothing, however, since Deboer has the mindset that the 4th line must hit, be angry and be able to fight. Given our current organizational depth charts I believe the 4th line should be Veilleux-Carter-Zharkov. Hell, when Josefson is back you can get two weeks of a Veilleux-Josefson-Zharkov line which would absolutely murder other teams 4th lines.

I'm not going to mention anything else on the defense because clearly, I think your out to lunch on that topic.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Yeah, we can pick apart our team til we're blue in the face (...and a lot of people already have, I'm sure), but godDAMN Boston is just a steamroller right now.

That's at least 15 unanswered goals.

I knew they were doing well, but didn't full grasp just HOW well.

They've won 9 of their last 10, outscoring opponents 49-13 over that span. That's practically averaging a final score of 5-1 every night for 10 straight games. Absolutely nuts.

Larsson isn't ready for the nhl. His bad decision making and INCREDIBLY slow skating shows it. I'm starting to think his immobility was mistaken for calm, patient demeanor. Taormina is more ready for the nhl than him and should be in the lineup. Send larsson down to get those major learning minutes where it doesn't matter if his bad turn overs cost the team the game.

Larsson isn't ready for the nhl. His bad decision making and INCREDIBLY slow skating shows it. I'm starting to think his immobility was mistaken for calm, patient demeanor. Taormina is more ready for the nhl than him and should be in the lineup. Send larsson down to get those major learning minutes where it doesn't matter if his bad turn overs cost the team the game.

I'm not going to mention anything else on the defense because clearly, I think your out to lunch on that topic.

Wait, I'm the one who's "out to lunch" for supporting what the Devils are actually doing?

:blink:

FYI, from the Star-Ledger today, Pete DeBoer says:

We like our top six (players). I think we're getting regular production out of that group. If not actual prodcution, then they're a factor in the game every night," he said. "And the bottom six, there's no secret. You see Boston. Their bottom six guys factor in the game every night. Against us. I watched them play Calgary.

"We have to get not just production, but some offensive zone time, momentum. That's what we're looking for out of that group."

So... we're not the only ones noticing that our fourth line is sucking wind out there.

So... we're not the only ones noticing that our fourth line is sucking wind out there.

He created this whole problem by cutting Zharkov due to his lack of oomph. Then again, Lou signed two players incapable of playing at the NHL level. When every other team is getting rid of enforcers Lou signs them.

They have enough talented players to make a solid 3rd and 4th line. Not sure what he is trying to do by sitting Tedenby and playing Boulton and Janssen every night. Sounds insane.