Why does Gary Bettman get booed all the time?

hobgoblin933

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever replied on this thread earlier that Bettman is really a good guy and that he gets booed for no reason, well here is your answer and you deserve to get d#$k-slapped in the face for defending him.

This. I live an ocean away but goddamn I'll boo him.

Whoever replied on this thread earlier that Bettman is really a good guy and that he gets booed for no reason, well here is your answer and you deserve to get d#$k-slapped in the face for defending him.

I have seen probably the last 16 Stanley Cup Finals and have never seen anyone cheer or applaud Bettman

He looks like the kind of guy who ,as a kid, got his butt kicked regularly. Just something weird about him. It's unfair to boo because of the way someone looks HOWEVER...what he has done certainly merits boomanship.

Wow, you guys are tough. If you can't admit this contract is complete BS with regards to the salary cap, I don't know what to tell you. Granted, there's precidence, so I would be unhappy if the Devils and Kovy were to submit a revised contract of 15 years/$100million that got rejected, but the league had to at least attempt to draw a line somewhere.

As for Bettman overall, I used to hate the guy but slowly I've realized that for the first time in my 25 years of watching the NHL, these guys might actually know what they're doing. In the 90's, I couldn't stand the idea that they would change the Wales and Campbell conferences to the East and West until the Miami Hurricanes (the only other sports team I follow with any type of passion) moved to the ACC 5 years ago and I still have no idea or care if they are in the Coastal or whatever the other division is called.

Other than the sometimes spotty officiating, the game is as good as it's ever been. Keeping teams in markets that they hope to grow in for more than 10 years is the right move long term (see Phoenix) and the contract with Versus is better than I ever imagined. Having delt with a groin tear all spring which meant I was home more often than ever, I was able to watch VS dedicate their channel to the playoffs every night for 2 months. The BS about need to get back to ESPN is just that. Those sluts would have preempted an NHL overtime for LeBron news.

He looks like the kind of guy who ,as a kid, got his butt kicked regularly. Just something weird about him. It's unfair to boo because of the way someone looks HOWEVER...what he has done certainly merits boomanship.

Hmm, I think I may start referring to him as Boo-man. giggle.gif

http://www.freep.com/article/20100723/SPORTS18/7230376/1066/Sports18/The-Jets-are-missing-Call-911

I would not be surprised if Bettman moving the Jets drove this man to drink / the brink of insanity.

So a 33-year-old Lundar, Manitoba, man is charged with a series of 911 calls in which he reported the theft of the Winnipeg Jets and demanded that the Mounties get them back.

The incident happened last year, the Winnipeg Free Press reports, but just became public.

"He had apparently been drinking and told police he hadn't slept in days," a source said. "He started talking about world conglomerates, things like that. He was hallucinating, obviously."

Edited by mmajeski06

Wow, you guys are tough. If you can't admit this contract is complete BS with regards to the salary cap, I don't know what to tell you. Granted, there's prescidence, so I would be unhappy if the Devils and Kovy were to submit a revised contract of 15 years/$100million that got rejected, but the league had to at least attempt to draw a line somewhere.

As for Bettman overall, I used to hate the guy but slowly I've realized that for the first time in my 25 years of watching the NHL, these guys might actually know what they're doing. In the 90's, I couldn't stand the idea that they would change the Wales and Campbell conferences to the East and West until the Miami Hurricanes (the only other sports team I follow with any type of passion) moved to the ACC 5 years ago and I still have no idea or care if they are in the Coastal or whatever the other division is called.

Other than the sometimes spotty officiating, the game is as good as it's ever been. Keeping teams in markets that they hope to grow in for more than 10 years is the right move long term (see Phoenix) and the contract with Versus is better than I ever imagined. Having dealt with a groin tear all spring which meant I was home more often than ever, I was able to watch VS dedicate their channel to the playoffs every night for 2 months. The BS about need to get back to ESPN is just that. Those sluts would have preempted an NHL overtime for LeBron news.

That may be all good and well during the expiration of the CBA and the new CBA negotiations were underway, however. It is illegal to subjectively (see Hossa and Luongo et al contracts) to "all of a sudden" reject a contract that has one, been similar to several other long term contracts in recent years, and two, selectively deny a contract that has in no way shape or form violated the current CBA. When said CBA isn't open to selective interpretation in mid term, that in itself is a violation of the CBA by the NHL. (which is illegal)

The NHL has no legal standing to selectively single out the Kovalchuk contract when it has already permitted several other similar contracts, BY LAW (CBA)

That may be all good and well during the expiration of the CBA and the new CBA negotiations were underway, however. It is illegal to subjectively (see Hossa and Luongo et al contracts) to "all of a sudden" reject a contract that has one, been similar to several other long term contracts in recent years, and two, selectively deny a contract that has in no way shape or form violated the current CBA. When said CBA isn't open to selective interpretation in mid term, that in itself is a violation of the CBA by the NHL. (which is illegal)

The NHL has no legal standing to selectively single out the Kovalchuk contract when it has already permitted several other similar contracts, BY LAW (CBA)

This.

Buttman should get dragged out on to the ice, stripped naked, tarred and feather. Then tied the pipes where the devils shoot 2x than shot with pucks by every devils fan at prudential center.

Then let him "walk" through Newark with a not very nice phrase in a t-shirt that will attract some much unwanted (to him) attention...