2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

JETS SEASON IN REVIEW

------------------------------------------------------------

Defense.

*Secondary:

Obviously Revis not being here hurts. Okay.. it really, REALLY hurts. But as RR said on the first episode of Hardknocks; "a good defense aint all about just one player." If this were last season, and all we had left back there was Lito Sheppard.. I'd feel a hell of alot more uneasy. But the secondary this season, should be more of a factor for Jets. I expect Jim Leonhard to take an enormous step forward this year. At 27 years old, he's just now entering his prime, and most importantly.. (with a season already under his belt as a Jet) he knows the system that much more. Though I'm not ga-ga over Kyle Wilson, the way everyone else seems to be.. I think he has incredible upside as a player, and could prove to be an above average CB throughout the league, within the next 2-3 years. Losing Rhodes -for- Pool was, in my opinion, a misstep and shame.. however, I don't feel the downside is that significant in terms of ability as I had thought it was going to be. Most importantly (when the dust settles) I STILL feel Darrelle will play for the New York Jets this season at some point. The sheer notion of Revis & Cromartie makes the hair rise from the back of my neck. Here's hoping DR comes to his senses relatively soon.. fires his agent(s).. and starts playing football again.

*Front 7:

WOW.. what can you say? Kris Jenkins.. David Harris.. Jason Taylor.. Bart Scott.. Shaun Ellis.. On paper, this group has all the talent.. all the tools.. and all the credentials you could ask for. I absolutely love the fact that RR moved Gholston to DE. Though I don't put that much stock into the preseason, I really like the way Vernon ended it with a BANG! I also find it odd that the Jets, in the wake of the Calvin Pace injury, would release 7 LB's (Foley, Knicky, Laury, Mauga, Lee, Reamer, & Satele) on cut day this morning. This basically leaves only Cummings & Westerman (both extremely raw) left for linebacker depth on the roster. It is for this reason I believe the signing of Adalius Thomas is a foregone conclusion, after Week 1.. thereby making his salary non-guaranteed.

Bottomline, if this group can stay healthy.. I am confident they will do more than their fair share of putting points on the board as a defense should.

Offense.

*Through the air:

Same thing here like the defense. On paper, it looks great.. now let's see them put it into action. I know the preseason cast a bleak cloud over the 'O.. but again, that's what preseason is for. Though the big spotlights will be on Dustin Keller & Braylon Edwards.. I think J'Co is going to have an excellent year. At the start of last season, he was the Jets #1, in front of Clowney & Stuckey. This season however, Cotchery is a player that can slip under the radar. He knows the system better than any of the other WR's on the team, and his route-running is the best I've seen since Santana Moss. Laveranues Coles will be back for Week 2.. and he should fill in fine, until Santonio Holmes comes back from his suspension. If each receiver can overcome their own corresponding bug-a-boo's (ie: injuries.. dropped passes.. etc) this is a talented bunch, that should help Sanchez considerably, in his own development.

*On the ground:

I don't care what anyone says.. LT > Jones. *PERIOD! The Chargers really did a good job here, trying to fork the blame over on Tomlinson this offseason, when the sad fact remains. They forgot how to use LT. LaDainian's faster than Jones.. younger than Jones.. has better hands than Jones.. and after this season, will prove to be better than Thomas Jones. I really don't want to get into this any further, because I could write another 8 paragraphs on my thoughts and feelings regarding LT. I'll just end it by saying.. Though the rest of the free world laughed out loud when the Jets signed Tomlinson, I stood up and cheered. We will make San Diego look like fools for releasing him after this season. Book It!

Greene will have a better year.. Richardson will get his usual 10-15 touches this season.. and (although he may hit people well) the Terminator still has much to learn. I'd also like to see more of Chauncey Washington.

*Special Teams:

Mike Westhoff. It starts and ends there. He's the best at what he does, and he knows exactly the types of players to pick. I don't trust Joe McKnight with PR & KR duties at all. Leave that to Brad Smith, and Danny Woodhead. Nick Folk may trump Jay Feely in kickoffs, but not at FG's Jet fans. Sorry. Not when you're missing PAT's. Weatherford's the best punter we've had since Ben Graham. I like him alot.

Game-by-Game:

Week 1: vs. Ravens - WIN

Week 2: vs. Patriots - WIN

Week 3: vs. Dolphins - LOSE

Week 4: vs. Bills - WIN

Week 5: vs. Vikings - LOSE

Week 6: vs. Broncos - WIN

Week 7: vs. BYE

Week 8: vs. Packers - WIN

Week 9: vs. Lions - WIN

Week 10: vs. Browns - WIN

Week 11: vs. Texans - WIN

Week 12: vs. Bengals - LOSE

Week 13: vs. Patriots - LOSE

Week 14: vs. Dolphins - WIN

Week 15: vs. Steelers - LOSE

Week 16: vs. Bears - WIN

Week 17: vs. Bills - WIN

Prediction: 11-5 record.

jets%20fans%202.JPG

I'm glad it's September again MD. I missed our back-&-forth's ;)

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 1

JETS SEASON IN REVIEW

Defense.

*Secondary:

Obviously Revis not being here hurts. Okay.. it really, REALLY hurts. But as RR said on the first episode of Hardknocks; "a good defense aint all about just one player." If this were last season, and all we had left back there was Lito Sheppard.. I'd feel a hell of alot more uneasy. But the secondary this season, should be more of a factor for Jets. I expect Jim Leonhard to take an enormous step forward this year. At 27 years old, he's just now entering his prime, and most importantly.. (with a season already under his belt as a Jet) he knows the system that much more. Though I'm not ga-ga over Kyle Wilson, the way everyone else seems to be.. I think he has incredible upside as a player, and could prove to be an above average CB throughout the league, within the next 2-3 years. Losing Rhodes -for- Pool was, in my opinion, a misstep and shame.. however, I don't feel the downside is that significant in terms of ability as I had thought it was going to be. Most importantly (when the dust settles) I STILL feel Darrelle will play for the New York Jets this season at some point. The sheer notion of Revis & Cromartie makes the hair rise from the back of my neck. Here's hoping DR comes to his senses relatively soon.. fires his agent(s).. and starts playing football again.

*Front 7:

WOW.. what can you say? Kris Jenkins.. David Harris.. Jason Taylor.. Bart Scott.. Shaun Ellis.. On paper, this group has all the talent.. all the tools.. and all the credentials you could ask for. I absolutely love the fact that RR moved Gholston to DE. Though I don't put that much stock into the preseason, I really like the way Vernon ended it with a BANG! I also find it odd that the Jets, in the wake of the Calvin Pace injury, would release 7 LB's (Foley, Knicky, Laury, Mauga, Lee, Reamer, & Satele) on cut day this morning. This basically leaves only Cummings & Westerman (both extremely raw) left for linebacker depth on the roster. It is for this reason I believe the signing of Adalius Thomas is a foregone conclusion, after Week 1.. thereby making his salary non-guaranteed.

Bottomline, if this group can stay healthy.. I am confident they will do more than their fair share of putting points on the board as a defense should.

Offense.

*Through the air:

Same thing here like the defense. On paper, it looks great.. now let's see them put it into action. I know the preseason cast a bleak cloud over the 'O.. but again, that's what preseason is for. Though the big spotlights will be on Dustin Keller & Braylon Edwards.. I think J'Co is going to have an excellent year. At the start of last season, he was the Jets #1, in front of Clowney & Stuckey. This season however, Cotchery is a player that can slip under the radar. He knows the system better than any of the other WR's on the team, and his route-running is the best I've seen since Santana Moss. Laveranues Coles will be back for Week 2.. and he should fill in fine, until Santonio Holmes comes back from his suspension. If each receiver can overcome their own corresponding bug-a-boo's (ie: injuries.. dropped passes.. etc) this is a talented bunch, that should help Sanchez considerably, in his own development.

*On the ground:

I don't care what anyone says.. LT > Jones. *PERIOD! The Chargers really did a good job here, trying to fork the blame over on Tomlinson this offseason, when the sad fact remains. They forgot how to use LT. LaDainian's faster than Jones.. younger than Jones.. has better hands than Jones.. and after this season, will prove to be better than Thomas Jones. I really don't want to get into this any further, because I could write another 8 paragraphs on my thoughts and feelings regarding LT. I'll just end it by saying.. Though the rest of the free world laughed out loud when the Jets signed Tomlinson, I stood up and cheered. We will make San Diego look like fools for releasing him after this season. Book It!

Greene will have a better year.. Richardson will get his usual 10-15 touches this season.. and (although he may hit people well) the Terminator still has much to learn. I'd also like to see more of Chauncey Washington.

*Special Teams:

Mike Westhoff. It starts and ends there. He's the best at what he does, and he knows exactly the types of players to pick. I don't trust Joe McKnight with PR & KR duties at all. Leave that to Brad Smith, and Danny Woodhead. Nick Folk may trump Jay Feely in kickoffs, but not at FG's Jet fans. Sorry. Not when you're missing PAT's. Weatherford's the best punter we've had since Ben Graham. I like him alot.

Game-by-Game:

Haha, me too bro... It should be a fun year. Only 3 weeks until the first Fins-Jets match-up. And I'll be there in section 415.

Great read Beezer. I agree on a lot of points you made. I also think the rb situation will be better this season. Sanchez worries me. He's either been over throwing or under throwing the recievers and is still trying to force the ball into double coverage. The INTs need to come down this season for this team to succeed.

The d will be one of the best in the nfl and will be better when Pace comes back from his injury. I'm a huge Leonhard fan. The guy is in almost every play and will be even better this season.

Special teams will be fine as long as Westhof is coaching this unit. I can almost guarentee Folk will not be kicking for us midseason. Lettinf Feely walk was a mistake.

Mike

JETS SEASON IN REVIEW

Defense.

*Secondary:

*Front 7:

Offense.

*Through the air:

*On the ground:

*Special Teams:

Game-by-Game:

nicely written beez.

the record is about right. 10-6 sounds a tad better though.

just make sure you update the offense section. not sure if you know this or not but tony richardson was released tonight

Great read Beezer. I agree on a lot of points you made. I also think the rb situation will be better this season. Sanchez worries me. He's either been over throwing or under throwing the recievers and is still trying to force the ball into double coverage. The INTs need to come down this season for this team to succeed.

Sadly these are the growing pains of drafting a 22 year old kid, and him thinking he's invincible.. and able to make any throw. He'll learn..

..and besides, there's always Brunell. ;)

nicely written beez.

the record is about right. 10-6 sounds a tad better though.

just make sure you update the offense section. not sure if you know this or not but tony richardson was released tonight

...yeah, I did hear about that.

However, I really feel this move was just another way to save a buck. *AKA; He'll be back in time for Week 2.

This appears to be the latest craze the Jets have been manipulating throughout the entire offseason. They release a veteran (after he goes through training camp\preseason) just to resign him again after the first game of the regular season, for the sole purpose of having his contract non-guaranteed.. thereby paying him $50k per week, and being able to cut him off the roster at any moment during the year.

After hearing RR's quotes regarding the team (and watching Hardknocks) there are 3 players I feel the Jets will bring in, come time for the Patriots game. Adalius Thomas.. Laveranues Coles.. and now, Tony Richardson. I'm even hearing Ty Law's name being thrown around. (as he is best friends with Darrelle Revis) Really not sure why they're looking to save all this money here and there. Maybe they're ready to cave into DR's demands.

*Edit: You want to talk about CBA circumvention? (in regards to Kovalchuk\NHL) The NFL needs to squash this gimmick ASAP. It's disrespectful.. it's dirty tactics.. and it's just plain lame.

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 1

YES!! I hated to see T-rich cut, and I hope to see him back. But, I'm happy to hear Revis Island is open for business.

Mike

How do the Jets cut Richardson after Rex Ryan complains about a lack of leadership? I don't like that.

I thought on Hard Knocks they were talking about keeping him on the team. I dont get why they got rid of him because all they did was talk highly about him on the show. Was woodhead the player they kept in place of him? :noclue:

Liking this:

Ravens: 30

Jets: 13

But thinking the final score will be closer to 14-13 or 17-13. Really not sure who's going to win, it could be a toss-up. You beat Baltimore through the air, and I don't think the Jets will be capable of it without Holmes. But Baltimore's offense is predicated on run to set up the pass, and really there's only one way to run the ball on the Jets if they're at 2009 form or better (read: at Cromarte), and you can't exactly play-action a sweep. This is going to be a long, grind-it-out game, and it's going to depend on who can break off the shackles first: Sanchez, Greene, Flacco, or Rice.

Liking this:

But thinking the final score will be closer to 14-13 or 17-13. Really not sure who's going to win, it could be a toss-up. You beat Baltimore through the air, and I don't think the Jets will be capable of it without Holmes. But Baltimore's offense is predicated on run to set up the pass, and really there's only one way to run the ball on the Jets if they're at 2009 form or better (read: at Cromarte), and you can't exactly play-action a sweep. This is going to be a long, grind-it-out game, and it's going to depend on who can break off the shackles first: Sanchez, Greene, Flacco, or Rice.

You CAN beat us through the air. But I don't think Sanchez is the guy to do it...right now.

You know we are going to be throwing at Revis all game long, hoping by the 4th Quarter he collapses. You can try and cover Mason & Boldin, but that just leaves Heap available for a big game. I think Flacco is going to have a huge game. Hopefully, I survive the fisticuffs with all the drunk J-E-T-S fans wearing my new Ray Rice jersey.