2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

He is done as Jets QB. I wouldn't even put him in uniform next two games. Just completely remove him from the team and send a message that this garbage ends now. You cannot have this miserable retarded garbage sack of sh!t anywhere near this team. This is the worst quarterback play I've ever seen.

He is done as Jets QB. I wouldn't even put him in uniform next two games. Just completely remove him from the team and send a message that this garbage ends now. You cannot have this miserable retarded garbage sack of sh!t anywhere near this team. This is the worst quarterback play I've ever seen.

Sparano should be gone before Sanchez.

Sparano should be gone before Sanchez.

I cant fault Sporano. He can be oline coach or something...that's his real craft

there is nobody who can fix sanchez. nobody

it's not Sporanos fault that holmes is out for the year, or that Keller has played half the games...or that Sanchez flat out misses anybody who's open and throws INT's into triple coverage, or can't even execute a simple dump off to a back (choosing to rifle a 3 yard pass through powells hands) it's not sporanos fault he can't handle a low snap, or hang on to the ball every time he's hit, or feel/anticipate pressure around him like all good qb's do

Sanchez has an arm...an above average arm. Other than that he has zero tools to be an NFL QB

Edited by '7'

Sparano, Sanchez and Tebow all need to go. This marriage was doomed to failure from the start, everyone but the Jets knew it.

The fact that Sanchez had not one but TWO chances inside the 30 with under three minutes to go is what makes this game so Jet-like.

Sparano and Tebow: definitely. As far as Tebow goes, the upside was just too small to deal with all of the nonsense that comes with him...the problem with him is at the end of the day, the guy can't throw a football very well, and his presence on the field doesn't warrant the distactions. Even an offensive mastermind would have a tough time trying to shoehorn in Tebow with success. It's funny, but the people who continue to credit Tebow for last year's Bronco run continue to ignore how lucky he was that Denver's D raised their game so significantly during his run.

Though the knee-jerk reaction will be to bench Sanchez the final two games to see what McElroy brings, and I can understand why, I don't know if you can do that. According to Boomer, it will cost $17 million to cut him, so that's not an option (I don't think, unless Woody wants him off the team so badly he'd be willing to Jason Bay $17 million). Obviously he's not tradeable either. So now it's about doing everything you can to right him, or at least get competent play out of him. That isn't going to happen with him riding the pine...unless Ryan thinks that Sanchez is so far gone at this point, that it's simply better to let him start fresh next year with a new OC and upgraded talent around him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Sparano and Tebow: definitely. As far as Tebow goes, the upside was just too small to deal with all of the nonsense that comes with him...the problem with him is at the end of the day, the guy can't throw a football very well, and his presence on the field doesn't warrant the distactions. Even an offensive mastermind would have a tough time trying to shoehorn in Tebow with success. It's funny, but the people who continue to credit Tebow for last year's Bronco run continue to ignore how lucky he was that Denver's D raised their game so significantly during his run.

Though the knee-jerk reaction will be to bench Sanchez the final two games to see what McElroy brings, and I can understand why, I don't know if you can do that. According to Boomer, it will cost $17 million to cut him, so that's not an option (I don't think, unless Woody wants him off the team so badly he'd be willing to Jason Bay $17 million). Obviously he's not tradeable either. So now it's about doing everything you can to right him, or at least get competent play out of him. That isn't going to happen with him riding the pine...unless Ryan thinks that Sanchez is so far gone at this point, that it's simply better to let him start fresh next year with a new OC and upgraded talent around him.

The Jets used Brad Smith very effectively in a Tebow role for years...that's what Tebow was supposed to be. Unfortunately he didn't have the quickness or offensive line for the kind of role.

Sanchez is the worst QB I've ever seen.

Yes you can say he doesn't have much to work with, but his decision making is putrid. He misses a wide open Powell on the sidelines in order to throw the ball into triple coverage. That's not on any coordinator, that's on him being an idiot. And you can't fix stupid

Eat the money, dump Sanchez

Brad Smith-types aren't the kind of annoying distraction that Tebow is.

Not implying at all that Sanchez is a blameless victim in all of this is...he most certainly isn't. I'm just saying it's doubtful the Jets are going to eat $17 million, so they might as well try to right him. Clearly Sparano has been a disaster, and Sanchez didn't have much to work with. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez could get a new OC and better talent and still suck next season, but maybe if he's in a better position than he was coming into this season, he can at least play to a level approaching 2011 Sanchez, which was at least respectable.

Brad Smith-types aren't the kind of annoying distraction that Tebow is.

Not implying at all that Sanchez is a blameless victim in all of this is...he most certainly isn't. I'm just saying it's doubtful the Jets are going to eat $17 million, so they might as well try to right him. Clearly Sparano has been a disaster, and Sanchez didn't have much to work with. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez could get a new OC and better talent and still suck next season, but maybe if he's in a better position than he was coming into this season, he can at least play to a level approaching 2011 Sanchez, which was at least respectable.

but even 2011 level sanchez was in the bottom tier of QB's. I think Sanchez at his absolute best and with everything breaking right for him will always have about 20 nfl QB's better. There's a limit to what you can get out of him even if you gift him all the weapons in the world.

but even 2011 level sanchez was in the bottom tier of QB's. I think Sanchez at his absolute best and with everything breaking right for him will always have about 20 nfl QB's better. There's a limit to what you can get out of him even if you gift him all the weapons in the world.

Are the Jets going to do any better next year with any QB they get to replace Sanchez? Or, more importantly, is any replacement going to make the Jets sufficiently better to make a change worthwhile? Maybe Alex Smith. Vick I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll. David Carr? (The Jets were able to resurrect the career of Testeverde). There's not really a franchise QB in the draft, and the Jets and a lot of other teams are spooked by the very concept of drafting a USC quarterback.

Most likely though the Jets are stuck with Sanchez for at least another year. That's just the way it is. The first order of business has to be to dump Sporano (maybe even do it now) and hire Norv Turner or Whisenhunt. See what Sanchez can do with an actual offensive coordinator. For the first three years of his career with Shottenheimer, the Jets were never below .500.

EDIT: Matt Moore should also be available.

Edited by Daniel

Are the Jets going to do any better next year with any QB they get to replace Sanchez? Or, more importantly, is any replacement going to make the Jets sufficiently better to make a change worthwhile? Maybe Alex Smith. Vick I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll. David Carr? (The Jets were able to resurrect the career of Testeverde). There's not really a franchise QB in the draft, and the Jets and a lot of other teams are spooked by the very concept of drafting a USC quarterback.

Most likely though the Jets are stuck with Sanchez for at least another year. That's just the way it is. The first order of business has to be to dump Sporano (maybe even do it now) and hire Norv Turner or Whisenhunt. See what Sanchez can do with an actual offensive coordinator. For the first three years of his career with Shottenheimer, the Jets were never below .500.

EDIT: Matt Moore should also be available.

Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Vick could become available.