2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

In no way shape or form should any real Jets fan fist-pump this move. I have never been so embarrassed to be fan of this mismanaged team in my life. What a sad sad organization this is. To completely destroy a 25 year old franchise quarterback? They should all be ashamed of themselves.

I'd only be fist-pumping if this move were made three weeks ago when it should have been. Sorry Beez, a 'franchise QB' isn't as mentally fragile as Sanchez has been, nor does he make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again. Even Tebow, as bad as he is knows how to throw the football away the way he did under pressure on 3rd and forever.

This is not a 'professional' offense in any way, shape or form. Now at least they can find out if McElroy can be on the team next year. We know Tebow won't be, and Sanchez will only be here by default because of the $17 million cap hit if we cut him. Let him come into camp on a tryout, the way Alex Smith had to come into Niner camp on a one-year deal last year, but bring in a REAL QUARTERBACK this time to push him. He can't play anymore this year though, especially at home.

Edited by NJDevs4978

A laughably predictable season for the Jests who just compounded bad moves into terrible moves.

Tebow, Sprano and the stupidity of keeping Holmes, upgrading Sanchez contract after Peyton Manning rejects them.

Tannenbaum just destroyed Any prospects for Sanchez to succeed. No QB in the NFL could have helped the Jests.

Holmes was playing well before he got hurt. Our best offensive player

Sanchez wasn't ruined...he flat out stinks. It has nothing to do with Tannenbaum or Tebow or Sporano. Sanchez has never been better than maybe the 25th best Qb in the league. That's his upside...the bottom 3rd

And please, fairweather ship jumping cowards fans like you have no business chiming in. As soon as Joe Flaccid completes the Pigeon Rats collapse you'll be on some other bandwagon. Texans I predict.

A laughably predictable season for the Jests who just compounded bad moves into terrible moves.

Tebow, Sprano and the stupidity of keeping Holmes, upgrading Sanchez contract after Peyton Manning rejects them.

Tannenbaum just destroyed Any prospects for Sanchez to succeed. No QB in the NFL could have helped the Jests.

I'm sorry, but when the guy throws into triple coverage off his back foot and cant complete a pass if you take away his first read, he sucks. Yeah, he doesnt have the best talent around him, but the Jets make the playoffs with an average QB like Smith or Flacco

Respectfully disagree. Sanchez has regressed tremendously, it has snowballed each week since training camp. But, in SF you have Gore and in Baltimore Ray Rice. Sanchez has no one in the backfield and is constantly in obvious passing downs on third down. He is shell shocked from the beatings.

Does anybody REALLY understand the ramifications in going with McElroy, or drafting another QB?! Do fans fully realize how that will set this team back 4-6 years?!

Santonio Holmes, Tim Tebow, Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill, John Connor, Clyde Gates, Joe McKnight, Chaz Schilens, Bilal Powell, and Braylon Edwards.

Those are the players on offense that have missed at least 4 games or more this season for the Jets due to injury\misc. I'm not including the injuries from the entire team (Revis, Thomas, Scott, etc.) I'm just focussing on the offense. --Can someone fvcking please explain to me, why Sanchez & Sparano should be crucified on a team that sustained 16 injuries this season? (11 coming from offense) This offense was questionable at the start of the year WHEN HEALTHY. But now it's just an utter disgrace. When your a quarterback under these circumstances, of course you're going to force the ball into places where it shouldn't go. Of course your confidence is in the toilet. Of course you're going to take risks. It's desperation!!! Your back is against the wall. You're trying to win games! That's what Sanchez has been doing all year long; trying to do too much with too little. If you don't think the Jets have at least 2 more wins this year, had Holmes played the entire season (forget about anyone else) you're crazy! I understand the easy thing to do in football when things go wrong, is to point to the quarterback and blame him. I get that. But answer me this.. what in Gods name, has this organization done to cultivate his play since 2009?? What!?! Braylon Edwards was the kids NUMBER ONE RECEIVER FOR 2 STRAIGHT YEARS!! And they flat out kicked him off the team! They packed his bags for him, and replaced him with 2 geriatrics.. one of whom fresh from prison!! Plax spread like cancer, and help orchestrate a lynch-mob against Sanchez.. "the worst I've ever seen" -Tomlinson. How have the Steelers looked since they acquired him? Meanwhile did anyone see Braylon Edwards last night? 50 yrds on 3 catches @ about 60% battling a hamstring, off 4 days of reps, practice, and learning a new playbook. He got separation. He ran routes perfectly. On his last catch it took 5 Titans to tackle him. Didn't it strike anyone as odd why the MNF cameras kept panning to Tanny after every catch by Edwards?!

It is EXTREMELY common for a franchise QB to start white hot, and then go through 2-3 seasons after that struggling. Tony Romo was a supernova when he broke into the league.. yet he's 29-27 over his last 56 games. But Dallas did right by him. They acquired the RIGHT supporting cast around him, not just the sexy ones to sell jerseys. They made moves for him. They drafted for him. They STUCK WITH HIM! -and you know what.. he's coming back slowly.

Look across the river in what that team does for their quarterback. Every move\trade they make, every player they acquire, every high draft choice they pick, is to make Eli better. Tell me a team, in 4 years, that drafts ZERO players on offense for their "franchise" quarterback in the 1st round? Name me a quarterback that (after he gains rhythm) gets pulled for 6 straight plays for the backup in a game? List me the teams in league history that go on to make the playoffs the season after getting a new OC, and learning a different playbook?

...I'll wait...

I'm not suggesting Mark Sanchez is without blame for the Jets this season.. but those of you that think this team would have won more than 7 or 8 games with either McElroy or Tebow, are delusional. I'm actually glad in a way that McElroy's playing these last 2 games. I hope when people see him play, it'll put Sanchez in a little perspective here.

The problem with everything is, the situation w/ Sanchez is too far gone. Sanchex was awful this year, but its hardly all his fault, the level of skill in our skill positions was embarrassing, and as bad as Schottenhiemer was, the Jets managed to find a worse Off coord. Sparano is so bad I cannmot even find the words to describe him.

At this point, I would not be upset if we just blew everything up, Rex has proven to me that he cannot run a team, i need a calculator to count the amount of time he said this year that he will always do whats best for the team, clearly he does not think Tebow can play QB, and yet in a MUCT WIN GAME he makes Tebow the back up, does not dress McElroy and when it was clear Sanchez CHOUL NOT win that game he kept him in becuase the alternative was so much worse that he could not do it. Clearly Rex was not prepared to replace Sanchez, even if his job depended on it.

Rex has mever had a hanlde on this offense, and Sparano's play calling is so bad, so wrong, so plain vanilla, Sanchez never had a chance to succeed this year.

blow it up, get rid of rex, sparano, Mr. T, Tebow & sanchez and let start all over, and no it does not take 4 to 6 years w/ a new QB, you have 3 rooks who have turned around their teams this year. Now our offense needs a talent overhaul, but I'm done with this regime...

The problem with everything is, the situation w/ Sanchez is too far gone. Sanchex was awful this year, but its hardly all his fault, the level of skill in our skill positions was embarrassing, and as bad as Schottenhiemer was, the Jets managed to find a worse Off coord. Sparano is so bad I cannmot even find the words to describe him.

At this point, I would not be upset if we just blew everything up, Rex has proven to me that he cannot run a team, i need a calculator to count the amount of time he said this year that he will always do whats best for the team, clearly he does not think Tebow can play QB, and yet in a MUCT WIN GAME he makes Tebow the back up, does not dress McElroy and when it was clear Sanchez CHOUL NOT win that game he kept him in becuase the alternative was so much worse that he could not do it. Clearly Rex was not prepared to replace Sanchez, even if his job depended on it.

Rex has mever had a hanlde on this offense, and Sparano's play calling is so bad, so wrong, so plain vanilla, Sanchez never had a chance to succeed this year.

blow it up, get rid of rex, sparano, Mr. T, Tebow & sanchez and let start all over, and no it does not take 4 to 6 years w/ a new QB, you have 3 rooks who have turned around their teams this year. Now our offense needs a talent overhaul, but I'm done with this regime...

Tannenbaum is responsible for putting this s@#$ team on the field and should be the first of many to go.

McKnight sounds off on Jet fans. Defends Sanchez..

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19154/mcknight-fans-played-role-in-qb-decision

"The fans won out in the end. They played a role in the QB decision, and they got their way. You could tell how it was going to go the whole year. The fans were doing their thing, screaming Tebow's name while Mark was in the game, cheering McElroy. Stuff like that just adds on to the pressure of the coaches in the end. Anytime you're a starting quarterback and you're on the football field and you're trying to call plays and you got people, who are supposed to be rooting for you, screaming out other quarterback's name, that's kind of frustrating. That takes away from the mentality of the game. I think that's kind of made it tough for the coaches to make their decision. All of the offense's problems this season can't just be blamed on Sanchez. It's okay though. This is going to make him stronger." -Joe McKnight.

The key to moving forward and getting your team in the right direction is not hoping a QB gets better, but fixing the situation immediately. The Jets are not doing any favours keeping Sanchez. And if the rumours are correct, they won't. Just like the Browns had to move on from Couch, the Texans with Carr (two picks that were much bigger investments than Sanchez ever was), the Ravens with Bolger, the Panthers with Jimmy Clausen, etc.

Sanchez hasn't been given the best situation, but so what? That can't be everything. And that doesn't excuse him for the past few seasons. He is not a good QB.

Edited by devilsrule33

Ther iz no chans vick is on the jts nxt seson

Yes there will be rumors...but he is not the stable game manager that we need

And i'm still waiting to find out who SS#4 team is...could be be the "die hard since 2001" club?

Edited by '7'

unidentified but reliable sources r saying vick to the jets is virtually a lock next season. vick has reportedly already spoke 2 both woody n rex. they want him n he wants them

..so since 2004: Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde, Quincy Carter, Jay Fielder, Brooks Bollinger, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell, Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, and Michael Vick?

That's sounds about like the Jets to me.

..really beginning to hate this organization.

still waiting to find out who SS#4 team is...

..it's the Cowboys. He's a friend of mine.

Glad I didn't bother buying a ticket for this game like I was going to...the Jets pretty much laid down and quit other than Kerley and Braylon. McElroy didn't have a chance, but at least for the most part he ate the ball instead of throwing into coverage other than that one hideous throw in the third quarter...even with that, Sanchez would have turned it over at least three times today with all the pressure the Chargers got on our overhyped, hideous OL.

No shot for McElroy today. I mean could the O-Line at least TRY to block someone. They never flat out quit blocking like this for Sanchez...though they did have some stinkers...but this was like they tried to get him hurt. Just horrific.