New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another monday, and this thread lives on....

Gonna be another long week hockey-wise

I hope not, I really hope this ends soon.. But at least the end is in sight. Will there any updates that we can count as truth or will it be more Єklund (2.3% accurate) crap for 48hrs?

Everything seems to tight lipped on this...think the NHL doesn't want to people to pay attention to this so they are having everyone be really quiet?

Nah the NHL isn't controlling the news flow on this. For all the parties concerned it is the equivalent of a court case. (Not an actual court case) But no one wants to risk saying the wrong thing to the media. We won't have ANY news on this until Friday/Saturday.

Another monday, and this thread lives on....

Gonna be another long week hockey-wise

If I didn't have Giants training camp to obsessively follow this week, I would honestly go insane.

Edited by RSC

yes, we did. but that's over now.

i stand by what i said. we only had 1 player go to arbitration. you need 2, at least, among other possibilities:

ARTICLE 11

Rules and Procedures Governing Standard Player's Contract

11.18 Ordinary Course Buy-Outs Outside the Regular Period.

Clubs shall have the right to exercise Ordinary Course Buy-Outs outside the regular period for Ordinary Course Buy-Outs in accordance with Paragraph 13©(ii) of the SPC. Each Club shall be limited to no more than three (3) such buyouts over the term of this Agreement pursuant to Paragraph 13©(ii) of the SPC. However, in the event that a Club has only one salary arbitration hearing pursuant to Section 12.3(a) in a given League Year, such Club shall not be entitled to exercise such a buyout outside the regular period for Ordinary Course Buy-Outs. No Club shall exercise an Ordinary Course Buy-out outside the regular period for any Player earning less than $1 million.

Edited by njdevsfn95

i stand by what i said. we only had 1 player go to arbitration. you need 2, at least, among other possibilities:

well, you're incorrect. vinny prospal was bought out by the lightning late last summer; the lightning only had one arbitration case. as usual, the CBA is written terribly, and section 12.3(a) refers to club-elected arbitration, so i have no idea what that means. i guess it means that if you take only one of your players to arbitration, you don't get to use that to buy out other players.

Edited by Triumph

That's incorrect. Fraser's case was player-elected arbitration. Teams only need one player-elected arbitration case to get the buyout window The 2 case minimum is for club-elected arbitration. I assume the point is to deter a team from taking a player to arbitration just to get the buyout window.

Damn, if the decision comes down on Friday or Saturday, I'm gonna be at Lollapalooza when it happens. Which means I probably won't find out even if someone texts me, because service will probably suck with that many people in one place.

Gonna have to find a sports bar to duck into for a bit when there's no decent bands playing I guess.

dchesnokov: Kovalchuk didn't travel to Russia last weekend; will attend the two day hearing in Boston starting tomorrow per SovSport.

Hmm. I was hoping that he would go to Russia. Hopefully he isn't too pissed about this.

Edited by Amberite