NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Koppen's toast. Another Pat lineman gone.

Ocho may not put up big numbers as a Patriot, but thats ok as long as he's trying. Moss didn't.

Looks like Koppen's toast. Another Pat lineman gone.

Ocho may not put up big numbers as a Patriot, but thats ok as long as he's trying. Moss didn't.

Where have you been? Do you only come out when the Pats are on???

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7. He is just not that good. All the talk about Moss coming back doesn't speak well for Ocho-stinko.

FYI: hoping for big night for Welker, carpenter and Moreno later. :whistling:

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7. He is just not that good. All the talk about Moss coming back doesn't speak well for Ocho-stinko.

FYI: hoping for big night for Welker, carpenter and Moreno later. :whistling:

Where did I say he was good, or even imply that? I said as long as he tries...Moss was making absolutely no effort last season (and not much after 2007, really). I posted quite some time ago that I wasn't in favor of Ocho coming aboard. But I don't think the Pats were hoping for huge numbers from him.

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7.

Unless hes mostly sitting out because hes still learning the offense, he might already be there. Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, and Hernandez have all gotten much more looks and playing time.

Edited by nmigliore

Where did I say he was good, or even imply that? I said as long as he tries...Moss was making absolutely no effort last season (and not much after 2007, really). I posted quite some time ago that I wasn't in favor of Ocho coming aboard. But I don't think the Pats were hoping for huge numbers from him.

Did not say you did. I was just adding my commentary.

I agree, I don't think the Pats see him as anything but depth for Welker. Your TE's are already over shadowing you WR's....this week. Next week Brady will use them as decoy's for Welker & Branch.

Wow. Henne just got hit by two trains on 3rd & long.

Edited by MantaRay

..any Pats fan that dances after tonights game is a fool.

This has been the New England script, for the past 5 years. It's Madden football, from September till November. Then the playoffs come, and they're nowhere to be found.

They'll impress me if they can do this in January. If not.. it'll be 4 playoff losses in-a-row.

--------EDIT:

How about that vaunted Dolphins defense!!!

I feel bad for Jason Taylor. He deserved better than to have his career end like this. He should've stayed in New York. :(

Edited by Beezer34

2 minutesand change left and brady is still out there thrwing passes. the teams scord 40 points and hes got 500 yards. i just dont get y u would risk injury

They do that deliberately, to try to intimidate other teams/coaches/players that are watching them. They've done it for years.

The saddest thing is (with the exception of the Jets & Ravens) it actually works! So many teams psych themselves out before the coinflip, when they play New England.

1,110 yards of offense between the Pats and Dolphins tonight. A win is a win, but BB will definitely harp on Miami's 488 yards of offense...even if some of them came in garbage time.

This has been the New England script, for the past 5 years. It's Madden football, from September till November. Then the playoffs come, and they're nowhere to be found.

They'll impress me if they can do this in January. If not.. it'll be 4 playoff losses in-a-row.

I wouldn't say Pat fans are dancing, and no one won a Super Bowl last night, but yeah, I'm enjoying a Week 1 victory. Who wouldn't?

To be fair (and I know you're not capable of this), the last two seasons fit firmly under the "nowhere to be found" category. The season before those, they lost Brady in Week 1 and still managed to go 11-5 (becoming the second team in NFL history to miss the playoffs with that mark). And the season before that...well, we all know what happened...18-1 with one Giant loss. Sucked for me, but a great moment for football, in that it was one of the greatest upsets in the history of the league...but at least they still got to the big game (as a Jet fan, you're not in much of a position to minimize Super Bowl appearances). The year before that, they lost in the AFC championship game to the Colts.

So if we're keeping a tally of the last 5 Patriot seasons:

2010: disastrous loss to Jets at home

2009: embarrassing loss to Ravens at home

2008: missed playoffs, though went 11-5 w/o Brady

2007: reached SB, lost to Giants

2006: reached AFC Conf final, lost to Colts

If you want to criticize the Pats for the last two seasons, fine...they deserve all of it, and I've said that in a lot of ways they've morphed into the Colts...a team that puts up pretty numbers during the regular season, but doesn't respond well come playoff time. They've become a bit of a front-running bully team. But to lump all FIVE seasons together as the same thing over and over again isn't at all accurate.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Pats defense was a lot better last night than people realize. After the first drive of the game the Dolphins went 2-13 on 3rd down which killed the Pats last season as the worst 3rd down team in the league. On a hot & humid Miami night the Pats rotated their D-line like crazy in order to keep everybody fresh and that resulted in Henne getting popped multiple times and 4 sacks. The Dolphins got 14 points via a turnover (Brady INT returned inside 10) and garbage time (final Miami TD). The Pats D basically played prevent for the final 8:00 of the game because nomatter what Miami's offense did it was obvious Miami's D wouldn't stop Brady. The game was much more a 38-10 or 31-10 variety than the 38-24 final score.

Is it the Shaun Merrimen impact?

Partly. It's the GM Buddy Nix's impact.

Some names:

Kyle Williams.

Marcell Darieus

Kelvin Shepard

Nick Barnett

Kirk Morrison

A transformation of the defense has begun. Mostly SEC guys which, although we know that conferences cheats like crazy and never gets caught, produces big, physical players on defense and that is how the Bills are building this defense. Finally, what the living hell took so long!

On offense, the Bills finally have a solid QB in Fitz. While is is not spectacular, he is a smart QB (high Wonderlic scores, Ivy League guy) who is mobile, and has become the unquestioned leader of the team.

The OL is still is work in progress, but is slowly coming together, but I do not expect it to be a strength.

Lee Evans will NOT be missed. He will help Baltimore more then hurt Buffalo. David Nelson and Donald Jones are two WR's that you will hear more about someday (just not on ESPN, they are too busy with their beloved Pats and Eagles now). Stevie Johnson is the clear #1 WR here and he and Fitz hopefully will be signed soon.

Fred Jackson is a tough runner, and can find a small hole and fight for yards. He runs like every carry is his last. CJ Spiller needs to learn from Fred, but I am fearing he will not live up to his billing.

8-8 would be a good season and something to build on for 2012..

Now if we can just get a real owner....

Edited by LOTCB

IDK, If my QB threw for 500+ yards on Week 1 I would be stoked

Pats defense was a lot better last night than people realize.

Yeah that is true, I especially noticed the Pats stuffing the run every time the dolphins tried to get those 3rd and shorts with it. And there were almost two more picks that were flat out bad luck, like the one in the endzone that one DB basically pulled out of the others hands. McCourty and Chung maybe?

Man! I hate "Prevent D".

Yup, especially against what was/is considered a very good D.

Yeah that is true, I especially noticed the Pats stuffing the run every time the dolphins tried to get those 3rd and shorts with it. And there were almost two more picks that were flat out bad luck, like the one in the endzone that one DB basically pulled out of the others hands. McCourty and Chung maybe?

Man! I hate "Prevent D".

The Pats always give up their share of yards (especially in recent seasons). In the regular season they find a way to keep the opponents' point totals down though. But this is a big year for the Pats all-around, in that they have to figure out how to raise their game come playoff time...they've come up short on both sides of the ball in the playoffs the last two seasons, despite very good PF/PA regular season numbers and differentials (the latter is admittedly bloated by "piling on" and bullying overmatched opponents).

Yeah, maybe if your 17 and are in several fantasy leagues. :rolleyes:

If you're a real Patriots fan, odds are you have enough brains to scratch the surface a bit, and realize that the game was a bit of a circus. 100 yrds came off one play! :D

This is how real fans feel..

patriotslogo.png

Kinda similar to what I said no? (and I aint even a Patriots fan)

But as I said in my original post.. (and I'm not backing off one bit) YOU'D BE A FOOL TO DANCE OVER THAT VICTORY.

----------------------------

Until the Patriots prove to the world that they're not choke artists come playoff time (as they have been, for the LAST 5 YEARS) their MNF game will be filed under; *Who really gives a sh!t?

Credit to CR, and his herculean stats from the past 5 years. :thumbsup:

2006 & 2007, the Patriots won 30 regular season game combined!? Only to choke in two of the biggest spots come playoff time. ^_^

..and consolidation prizes get given out @ the Kentucky Derby.. not for going 11-5 without Brady, and missing the playoffs.

EDIT: This aint sour grapes either. If you read my posts, I give Brady/New England all the credit in the world.

The Patriots have gotten ponderously stronger, and want to desperately wipe the egg off their face from the last 2 seasons. They have something to prove.. and that's a dangerous combination.

..but you're not going to convince me that NE has turned over a whole new leaf after Monday's game.

As I said, it'll take the playoffs to prove that to me. (and many many others for that matter) :whistling:

Edited by Beezer34

Until the Patriots prove to the world that they're not choke artists come playoff time (as they have been, for the LAST 5 YEARS) their MNF game will be filed under; *Who really gives a sh!t?

2006 & 2007, the Patriots won 30 regular season game combined!? Only to choke in two of the biggest spots come playoff time. ^_^

..and consolidation prizes get given out @ the Kentucky Derby.. not for going 11-5 without Brady, and missing the playoffs.

EDIT: This aint sour grapes either. If you read my posts, I give Brady/New England all the credit in the world.

..but you're not going to convince me that NE has turned over a whole new leaf after Monday's game.

As I said, it'll take the playoffs to prove that to me. (and many many others for that matter) :whistling:

You should start and end every one of your posts with "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh" What the hell is a consolidation prize? Oh, you meant consolation prize. duuuuuhhhhh If you don't think finding a way to go 11-5 after your franchise player goes down in Week 1 isn't impressive on some level, I don't know what to tell you. If Rex had mananged the same feat, you'd have your tongue firmly implanted in his colon.

I have said MANY times that the Pats have to prove themselves come playoff time, especially in light of the last two seasons. A Week 1 win is nice, always good to start out 1-0, but for the Pats this season is about two things: 1) Making the playoffs, and 2) Doing something upon getting there. If they make it, anything less than an AFC Conference Final appearance will likely be seen as a failure, and that probably won't be enough for most...if anything, in almost eveyone's else eyes, the Pats' season will be considered lackluster unless they get to the Super Bowl.

Guess the Colts and Giants don't deserve any credit for beating the Pats in '06 and '07. It was only about the Pats choking. However you want to see it. I give Peyton a hell of a lot of credit for going crazy in the second half of the AFC Conference Final, and the Giants' coaching staff for flat-out outcoaching BB & Co., and coming up with a game-plan that was incredibly well-executed by the Giants from start to finish. You can knock the Pats' D in both games, in that they had a chance to stop both the Giants' and Colts' offenses to win both games and didn't get it done, but I guess in your lil' everything-is-black-and-white existence, both games constitute choke jobs on the part of the Pats.

So just so we have it right:

Pats' playoff loss automatically = Pats' choking/No credit given to the other team.

Yeah, maybe if your 17 and are in several fantasy leagues. :rolleyes:

If you're a real Patriots fan, odds are you have enough brains to scratch the surface a bit, and realize that the game was a bit of a circus. 100 yrds came off one play! :D

This is how real fans feel..

patriotslogo.png

Kinda similar to what I said no? (and I aint even a Patriots fan)

But as I said in my original post.. (and I'm not backing off one bit) YOU'D BE A FOOL TO DANCE OVER THAT VICTORY.

----------------------------

i think wat cr was saying is theres a dif between "no show" and "choke"

i think wat cr was saying is theres a dif between "no show" and "choke"

Beez never lets facts get in the way of his blustering. I've shown him pretty conclusively that the last two seasons don't really equate to three before (and like I've said, the last two are as bad it gets), but so be it...

You should start and end every one of your posts with "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh" ....

.... You can knock the Pats' D in both games, in that they had a chance to stop both the Giants' and Colts' offenses to win both games and didn't get it done,

point 1 : Hilarious!

point 2 : Defense wins championships!

point 1 : Hilarious!

point 2 : Defense wins championships!

True on Point 2...we see that all of the time, in all sports. It's not ALWAYS true (the Edmonton Oilers of the 80s were a notable exception), but it definitely holds a lot of water.