‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I'll be honest- if he takes the insane money from Minnesota, I'll be pissed, sure. But I won't fault him. And I won't boo him when he comes back to play against us either. But if he bolts to Pittsburgh for comparable money and years to play with that bitch Crosby- then yes. I'll rip him a new a$$hole.

Feel the same way, but he's getting booed regardless. I just won't have venom for him like I will if he goes to sh!tsburgh. If Minnesota want to pay him that much, more power to them.

If Zach goes to Pittsburgh he'd be Chris Bosh to Crosby's LeBron and Malkin's Wade. If he says here he'll be beloved forever and a captain of an upper-echelon team with a chance to make his own mark on a champion. If he goes to Minnesota he'll be a god for about four months until he doesn't live up to being the highest-paid player in hockey and miserable with ninth-place finish after tenth-place finish.

We'll see what's important to him I guess.

The annoying thing with Bosh was the whole time before he was saying, I don't want to be a second banana, I want to be the star of a team..and then he went to the Heat. But in the end that decision made the most sense. I also think it make the most sense for Parise.

If he goes to Pittsburgh, I don't think he'll certianly play second fiddle. A line with him and Crosby would be devastating top the league, and he'd put up ridiculous numbers. If he can put up 35-40 goals and 75-90 points with Zajac, who the hell knows with Crosby and a PP with Letang, Malkin and Neal. But I don't buy the make your own mark crap. In hockey it takes more than one guy, and Parise is never going to be a guy who will dominate the game by himself and win one himself. If the Devils ended up beating LA, Parise wasn't going to be the guy who did it himself anyway. Even when Crosby won the Cup, it was Malkin who led the way and won the Conn Smythe. Look at all the guys who gave it there all, but only came up short. Go where it gives you the best chance to win. Who gives a sh!t where the media ranks you on the totem pole.

If Pittsburgh offered him more years, more cash, and a better chance to win...could you blame him? I'm not saying you shouldn't boo him, but if you were in his shoes...could you blame him. I'd be more pissed if he just took a sh!tload of cash and went to the Wild.

Edited by devilsrule33

Any remember what time Richards signed with the Rangers last year? Have to imagine it will only take Parise about that long tomorrow.

I want him to stay, but I am nervous about him going elsewhere tomorrow. For better or worse, we can finally stop speculating after tomorrow and move on.

Let's not kid ourselves. Zach is gone. He's going to get offers that the Devils just cannot match. He'll have the chance to play with Suter in Pittsburgh or Detroit and get megabucks to do it. His reasons for staying in NJ have been the same since he reportedly rejected the 7/50 offer. The ONLY reason to go to 7/1 is either because NJ has not made an offer or he wants more money. Well, come tomorrow, he'll have it. He could have signed anytime up until now to be a NJD. He hasn't. And if the strategy is to see how much he can get on the open market to lift the Devils offer, well, he has to know that they can't match it based on their finances. So, this is about money first and foremost.

I love Zach Parise and want him on this team, but I just can not see him re-signing come tomorrow. I still have doubts about Pittsburgh as that will be Sid's team, but I think Detroit may just be the landing place for him...AND Suter. No captain and a call from Rafalski telling him how "great" it was to become a Red Wing after leaving NJ (even though he was a local boy). My money is on Detroit.

God I hated writing that. :evilcry:

People said the exact same things about Elias and Langenbrunner. He could be waiting to hear offers from other teams to raise Lou's offer. Even if they can't match it, I still think as long as the Devils are somewhere close he will re-sign.

I think Langs signed just before noon...or soon after, I do remember being slightly annoyed cause I figured Langs being back meant Patty was gone. Sure enough Lou signed him too, then used a first-rounder to dump Malakhov for the cap space we needed lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'd boo him either way really, especially with all the over-the-top vibes he gave out about staying and wanting to stay for two years. I mean it might be more canned boos if he comes in as a Wild, since they'll be in 12th place and he'll already be getting ripped in the media by November, but it'll be Gomez+ boos if he comes in as a Pen/Flyer.

Yeah, especially the "don't worry" thing when the fans were chanting at him to stay when they got back from LA. I don't know... I say I won't boo him if he goes to Minnesota, but I know I'll still be livid if he takes a cash grab and goes there too, because you know the only reason to go there is to get paid and nothing else. Put it this way: we'll learn a lot about the type of person Zach Parise is tomorrow. None of us know him personally, so we're all hopeful he'll stay because he wants to win, and wants to be here like he's said. But I learned a long time ago not to trust anyone or anything they say. Either way, I'm just happy this will be over with soon. I'm sick of talking about it lol.

Zach is too good a kid, too pleasant a man, too good a player and if he leaves, he gave us his all while he was here.

I could NEVER boo Zach Parise.

....unless of course he goes to the Rangers. :)

He does seem like a really nice kid, and he's been one of my favorite Devils since his rookie season. That's why it would be so disappointing to see him go. But I'm not saying I won't ever boo him, ESPECIALLY if he goes to a division rival like Pittsburgh. That would be tough to take, and it would REALLY piss me off. Out west is one thing. In our division is unacceptable, and I'll boo him 'til I have no voice left he goes to a rival.

He does seem like a really nice kid, and he's been one of my favorite Devils since his rookie season. That's why it would be so disappointing to see him go. But I'm not saying I won't ever boo him, ESPECIALLY if he goes to a division rival like Pittsburgh. That would be tough to take, and it would REALLY piss me off. Out west is one thing. In our division is unacceptable, and I'll boo him 'til I have no voice left he goes to a rival.

I remember when I went to his first NHL game. They blew out Pittsburgh 5-1.

Not to get off topic but his first goal was eerily similar to potentially his last:

Also in his first NHL goal the guys that were on the ice? Paul Martin (left via FA), Brian Gionta (left via FA), and Brian Rafalski (left via FA).

Edited by Mayday

I think it should be like Napoleon Dynamite. After presenting their offers, each team has to put on a little skit. I can just see Crosby and Malkin doing a "Who's on First" bit with Zach whispering "what did he say?" after every word spoken by Malkin.

Sheet I'm bored.

Hahaha thats perfect!

Fletcher is going to be spending money this offseason. Its also rumored that they're going to get Langenbrunner because he and Zach are buddies. I just don't think the Pens are realistic with 3 forwards having such crazy contracts. If he does go to the Pens, it wont be a 10 year long deal.

I think its between us and the Wild and have thought that since January.

I'm hoping it is between us and the Wild. I feel like even though we're clearly offering less money that we have a better shot at him due to having more success and he knows our system. The Wild aren't exactly a offensive team and it seems thats what he's looking for. Though I could be wrong and Zach proves to be out for the $$ in the end.

I remember when I went to his first NHL game. They blew out Pittsburgh 5-1.

Not to get off topic but his first goal was eerily similar to potentially his last:

Also in his first NHL goal the guys that were on the ice? Paul Martin (left via FA), Brian Gionta (left via FA), and Brian Rafalski (left via FA).

I was there too, it was both Zach's and Crosby's first NHL game. I fondly remember the chants of "Parise's better" after Zach scored his first NHL goal.

to me Zach is gone 95% sure... teams going after him are way too good and healthy to pass on that.

the captain thing and the loyalty can only bring you to a certain point. Let's be honest here, the attendance during the season is really not good, there's reports about bankruptcy popping everywhere, our future is not as good as we pretend, NJ's stability was Brodeur and Lou and they'll be gone in a few years and Zach would likely be there for longer than that so you have no clue whats coming. sh!tty owner with bad reputation running the whole thing. Ownership problems.

of course its mostly all temporary and the fanbase is growing BUT if you compare with teams going after him... LA, Pittsburgh, Wild, Detroit... im not really scared of Minny or Detroit to be honest. But Pittsburgh and LA...

Look at pittsburgh, all set with top players, young GM, healthy organization, superstar owner, new arena, best D prospects pool in the league and he'd play with Crosby OR worst case scenario Malkin... i just can't see Zach pass on that. Or with LA they just won the cup and they have the same roster pretty much and are set for awhile.

but if he does and re-sign in NJ... Zach will be my hero forever (unless he's signing to a ridiculous contract but i think Lou would rather let him walk than give him a ridiculous contract anyway)

to me Zach is gone 95% sure... teams going after him are way too good and healthy to pass on that.

the captain thing and the loyalty can only bring you to a certain point. Let's be honest here, the attendance during the season is really not good, there's reports about bankruptcy popping everywhere, our future is not as good as we pretend, NJ's stability was Brodeur and Lou and they'll be gone in a few years and Zach would likely be there for longer than that so you have no clue whats coming. sh!tty owner with bad reputation running the whole thing. Ownership problems.

of course its mostly all temporary and the fanbase is growing BUT if you compare with teams going after him... LA, Pittsburgh, Wild, Detroit... im not really scared of Minny or Detroit to be honest. But Pittsburgh and LA...

Look at pittsburgh, all set with top players, young GM, healthy organization, superstar owner, new arena, best D prospects pool in the league and he'd play with Crosby OR worst case scenario Malkin... i just can't see Zach pass on that. Or with LA they just won the cup and they have the same roster pretty much and are set for awhile.

but if he does and re-sign in NJ... Zach will be my hero forever (unless he's signing to a ridiculous contract but i think Lou would rather let him walk than give him a ridiculous contract anyway)

Easily one of the most depressing posts in a long time.

...damn

I think Langs signed just before noon...or soon after, I do remember being slightly annoyed cause I figured Langs being back meant Patty was gone. Sure enough Lou signed him too, then used a first-rounder to dump Malakhov for the cap space we needed lol.

Didn't we also get Jim Fahey out of that deal too? Not that he ended up being a huge contributor but I remember being astounded that we were actually able to get a player for Malakhov even coupled with the pick.

Well at least no one can say that this was another boring Devils summer (and the last 2 haven't been too boring either)

And with Zajac, Zubrus, Elias, and Clarkson all UFA next year, next offseason will be another barrel of laughs. I fvcking hate the offseason.

And with Zajac, Zubrus, Elias, and Clarkson all UFA next year, next offseason will be another barrel of laughs. I fvcking hate the offseason.

lol seriously. Today feels like a Game 7 of the playoffs with all that's riding on it, bigger really since today could impact us positively or negatively for years.

im calling it now. none of them will be re-signed before at least june 29th and none will be approached before june 25th.

lol seriously. Today feels like a Game 7 of the playoffs with all that's riding on it, bigger really since today could impact us positively or negatively for years.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been as nervous for July 1 as I am this year. It does almost feel like another elimination game.

yes and more than we may imagine. If we lose Parise then we have to replace his production. Through free agency there's no guy who can replace him and anyone close WILL BE an overpayment, its free agency. Then if we trade to get a guy we'll have to send roster players in order to replace a guy so youre losing a main guy plus others guys and picks.

if we lose Brodeur, we have to get a starter and same thing... we're not gonna get any gifts there UNLESS we get a cheap goalie who pull a Elliot/Smith.

Of course its not gonna be devastating and ruin the franchise but we'll be wound for awhile thats a guarantee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.