Schedule infos

SterioDesign

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they play five games against the Flyers, and one of NYR/NYI; only see the Penguins 4x in the regular season.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

.@penguins play 5 apiece against @NYRangers @NYIslanders and 4 each against @NHLFlyers @NHLDevils #pens

Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers

Flyers per league source: 5 v. NYR, NJ; 4 v. PIT, NYI; 5 East on road: WPG,MTL,TOR,BUF,TB; 5 East at home: BOS,OTT,FLA,CAR,WSH. H/H w/ othrs

If we play the Flyers 5x, and the Flyers play the Rangers 5x, then we cannot be playing the Rangers 5x. So if tweets out now are correct, then we drew the extra game against Philly and the Isles. The next step is which of those 2 is the extra home game.

If they ever did have a video, they'd have to be very careful about showing Parise highlights lol...unless they WANT to incite the crowd by showing his smiling face one or two times and having the boos rain down from the heavens.

Well I'm sure the video they show will only have the big goals scored during our playoff run so we won't be seeing Zach. They don't usually show empty-netters.

The players and owners both voted on an unfinished document - the Memorandum of Understanding that will be the document that stands in for the Collective Bargaining Agreement until that gets hashed out. Basically the PA is holding off on announcing the vote until the MOU gets signed because I imagine they're afraid that some of the language will change if they say yes and the MOU is unfinished.

The players and owners both voted on an unfinished document - the Memorandum of Understanding that will be the document that stands in for the Collective Bargaining Agreement until that gets hashed out. Basically the PA is holding off on announcing the vote until the MOU gets signed because I imagine they're afraid that some of the language will change if they say yes and the MOU is unfinished.

It'll basically get finalized as quickly as the lawyers can do it. There were probably a dozen or so associates at big law firms that haven't gotten any sleep over the past few days, and are well on their way to hitting their billable hours requirements.

That's silly, everyone knows they passed it - if they hadn't then there'd be no more reason to work on the MOU or hold off an announcement. It's not like the owners are the only ones with lawyers working on the MOU.

Even if the owners tried to pull a bait and switch, there's nothing that says Fehr has to sign the MOU - and likewise Bettman doesn't sign it if the PA tried to pull a fast one. Why they're not 'officially' announcing their vote, I have no idea but it doesn't really matter until the MOU gets finished and signed anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Devils get Flyers and Isles for the 5 games (3 home/2 road vs. Philly; 2 home/3 road vs. Isles). Pens & Rangers 4 games each (2 home/2 road).

Really, that's about the best scenario we could have asked for when they announced the unbalanced division play.

Edit: This is per TG. I'm too lazy to find the tweet again, but I wouldn't have even mentioned it if it didn't come from him.

Edited by thelastonealive