GDT 8: Devils Vs Rangers

Cachorro Louco

ugh, Hockey night live, saying "You can't take Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson out of the mix and expect to be the same team..."

ok, you're part right... We're a better team not having those sellouts. They were NOT our entire team and it annoys me to no end when people talk like losing any or all of them was decimating to our team!

• Like 1

Marty did a terrific job warming the bench. I think he found his new job.

+1

I can't do mean-spirited when it comes to Marty, but if he's starting Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed.  Schneider has stopped 101 out of 109 shots.  .927 save%.  1.99 GAA.   For the love of God, roll with him already! 

+1

looked like he broke his back....but he's tough, and played a good game, along with Volch

I agree. Harrold definitely looked like the weak link tonight. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see both Larsson and Fayne in the lineup on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Not buying season turnaround yet. We beat another bad team. I'm trying to stay calm. Win Tuesday and then we're talking.

I think everyone's just enjoying the win...and hoping that the goalie split nonsense is over.  If the idea was to see whether or not one of the goalies emerged, someone did, even with the sample being small. 

I can't do mean-spirited when it comes to Marty, but if he's starting Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed.  Schneider has stopped 101 out of 109 shots.  .927 save%.  1.99 GAA.   For the love of God, roll with him already! 

I think 10% of the season is enough of a sample size to stop messing around, especially when another prolonged losing streak is going to put the coach's job in jeopardy.

Always fun to watch the Devils own the Rangers and the queen. Solid team effort tonight.

Agree 100%.

Tonight is the team I expect throughout the year.  With Elias and Brunner out, our forward depth really showed tonight.  Loktionov, Henrique, Zubrus, and Jagr were magnificent tonight.  The Rags have two of their best forwards out.  They don't have the depth to absorb the loss like we do.  It really showed tonight,

I loved Gionta tonight as well.  Also, Volchenkov I thought was good as well.  And how about Zidlicky?  The dude is off to a great start.

Bottom line the REAL New Jersey Devils showed up tonight.

I did notice a few pockets of seats that were unattended tonight.  But imo there is no way there was fewer than 17,000 people tonight.

Not the point, Devils said 16,500 in attendance and announced it as a sellout, did they lower their capacity, did they go by tickets sold? Thats what I want to know.

Not the point, Devils said 16,500 in attendance and announced it as a sellout, did they lower their capacity, did they go by tickets sold? Thats what I want to know.

Steve Cangialosi said it was a packed house.....for whatever that means.......I havent heard of them lowering the capacity

I can't see how the capacity could have gone down.  I wonder if they're going with actual number of tickets scanned is the number they're using.

Edited by Mike Brown

BTW regarding the capacity, I read that the official capacity is no longer 17,625.  They simply stopped counting some of the luxury seats into the official capacity (goal bar, acela club, etc).  So there probably was 17,625+ people there tonight.  So it makes me wonder if the Islander game was officially a sellout as well.

Its very odd if we were 1,100 short of a sellout for a rangers game, on a sat night, and after being on the road for two weeks. Kind of makes you wonder about the home opener attendance too, which was about the same as tonight's.

I'm not 100% sure that what I said above is even correct.  I actually read this on HF, and it's just speculation.  I was stunned when I saw both games didn't sellout.  But if this is true, then they probably did both sellout.  I can assure you both games were pretty packed.  My only question is what is our official seating capacity then?

I'm not 100% sure that what I said above is even correct.  I actually read this on HF, and it's just speculation.  I was stunned when I saw both games didn't sellout.  But if this is true, then they probably did both sellout.  I can assure you both games were pretty packed.  My only question is what is our official seating capacity then?

You have to wonder if that speculation is indeed true since ST sales were supposed to be up this year due to the winter classic.

Big z is no where when we win. Pathetic. Great game by the devils today!

I fell asleep after it was 2-0.

I predicted this win before the Ottawa game.

I'm not gonna watch something if I already know the outcome (;

But no seriously the Rangers are horrible. The Queen looks hurt or something and with the injuries they were "ripe to be beaten".

Cory needs to start as much as possible.

Clearly he gives the Devils a much much better chance to win.

Omg only 9 points out of 1st!

1-4-3 ..the universal number of love.