NFL Week 16

CRASHER

I don't. The Jet Season unraveled in training camp when the Jets had to break in a WR who hadn't been in the real world or touched a football in several years. The main motivation seemed to be: He's n Ex-giant. Edwards had chemistry with Sanchez and Couchery was often a clutch third down guy. With an abbreviated training camp and injury plagued, and practice averse WR in Plax, the writing was on the wall. You can't blame that on Schott or Sanchez.

I think your argument is a fair one, although I wasn't sad to see Braylon Edwards not re-signed. You didn't even mention that the Jet offensive line is weaker, although I'm sure you believe that to be a factor, too.

I think your argument is a fair one, although I wasn't sad to see Braylon Edwards not re-signed. You didn't even mention that the Jet offensive line is weaker, although I'm sure you believe that to be a factor, too.

And Tomlinson a year older and Greene being not so good didn't help either

I touched on this in Schott comments above.

I think Edwards chemistry with Sanchez would have been beneficial in an abbreviated preseason than starting from scratch with Plax

Absolutely, yes. What Jacobs did is just plain nasty. He personally attacked someone. Rex Ryan may be a buffoon at times, but he is not the despicable cretin that Jacobs is.

And I am not surprised that Ryan's unorthodox personality is coming under fire now that the Jets have faltered. I can't bear to listen to the radio show callers calling for Ryan to be fired. Ludicrous. But a new OC is in order because there is something wrong in the Sanchez- Schottenheimer relationship.

honestly, i CANNOT STAND this idiot Rex Ryan. i feel like its every year that he says his team is gonna win the super bowl and he can never back it up. when will the guy shut the fvck up?! throughout the entire season its always the same sh!t with that guy. it gets mad annoying and it gets mad old.

maybe Jacobs did attack him personally but at lease he hasn't been doing the same thing for years like Rex has.

honestly, i CANNOT STAND this idiot Rex Ryan. i feel like its every year that he says his team is gonna win the super bowl and he can never back it up. when will the guy shut the fvck up?! throughout the entire season its always the same sh!t with that guy. it gets mad annoying and it gets mad old.

maybe Jacobs did attack him personally but at lease he hasn't been doing the same thing for years like Rex has.

In fairness, Rex was what the Jets needed at the time...they've often been a team with an inferiority complex, a team that was often perceived as the Giants' little brother (playing in GIANTS STADIUM since '84 didn't help much). The Giants have also won three championships since '86, and though they haven't consistently great through the years, they have rarely looked as inept as the Jets have when the Jets have been at their worst. Rex helped to give the Jets some needed swagger, and it helped them get to two AFC Championship games.

But I think Rex needs to become Rex 2.0...the bluster worked initially, but he needs to learn to take stock of where his team actually is going forward. It starts to come off as silly when you appear to be clueless as to where your team is.

Jacobs doesn't respect his own coach, why should I expect him to respect Rex :P

But yeah, now is the time for Rex to start toning it down (and I don't expect him to do it this second, but maybe the offseason) and at least maybe he'll be somewhat believable again when he makes some positive statement of his team.

Jacobs doesn't respect his own coach, why should I expect him to respect Rex :P

But yeah, now is the time for Rex to start toning it down (and I don't expect him to do it this second, but maybe the offseason) and at least maybe he'll be somewhat believable again when he makes some positive statement of his team.

If anything, it will give teams less bulletin-board material for them to get fired up over. However Jacobs came off, one thing his comments showed is that Rex's act gives opponents extra incentive to beat his team. Jacobs isn't alone there.

Like I said, I think Rex is a good X and Os guy, and a coach that players do want to play for. He just needs to reinvent himself a little.

Well the Jets can get him back :lol:

49ers release wideout Braylon Edwards

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Braylon Edwards became a disappointment during an injury-plagued year during San Francisco’s resurgent 2011 season......:blahblah:

You know, he actually did alright for the Niners, he just wasn't a necessary asset to win...none of our receivers are though.

You know, he actually did alright for the Niners, he just wasn't a necessary asset to win...none of our receivers are though.

15 catches 181 yards and ZERO TDs?? That's alright??:blink:

15 catches 181 yards and ZERO TDs?? That's alright??:blink:

Reminds me of when Running With the Devil tried to convince us that Rolston's '09-'10 campaign (20 G, 17 A in 80 GP) had been a good year.

Geez, if Edwards was alright for the Niners, then Ochozero must be a God on the Patriots.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I am stunned that SF would drop him this late in the season, especially with the playoffs around the corner. Unless he was a locker room irritant this move could backfire on SF if their starting WR get hurt. As far as his stats go he was hurt in camp and never got back in form, especially on a run oriented team.

Michael Crabtree 64 788 12.3 2

Vernon Davis 59 674 11.4 6

Kyle Williams 20 241 12.1 3

Ted Ginn Jr. 19 220 11.6 0

Josh Morgan 15 220 14.7 1

Delanie Walker 19 198 10.4 3

Kendall Hunter 14 184 13.1 0

Braylon Edwards 15 181 12.1 0

While across the board these are AWFUL numbers (aside of Morgan who was on pace to be kinda awesome till he got hurt).....when Clifford Franklin (aka Ted Ginn)....outdoes you.....you SHOULD be cut.....

Edited by CRASHER

Michael Crabtree 64 788 12.3 2

Vernon Davis 59 674 11.4 6

Kyle Williams 20 241 12.1 3

Ted Ginn Jr. 19 220 11.6 0

Josh Morgan 15 220 14.7 1

Delanie Walker 19 198 10.4 3

Kendall Hunter 14 184 13.1 0

Braylon Edwards 15 181 12.1 0

While across the board these are AWFUL numbers (aside of Morgan who was on pace to be kinda awesome till he got hurt).....when Clifford Franklin (aka Ted Ginn)....outdoes you.....you SHOULD be cut.....

Braylen Edwards definitely should have been cut...no doubt about it. That wasn't what I was saying.