Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

"@PanthersYormark is making an ass of himself and the organization". That's different then outright calling someone an ass. And it's completely accurate- Yormark was making himself and his organization look stupid, so I don't see what the problem is.

Agreed. Its also worth noting that Panthers fans were taking him to task as well for it. It made the organization look really bad.

Agreed. Its also worth noting that Panthers fans were taking him to task as well for it. It made the organization look really bad.

Apparently, Panthers fans can't stand him either from what I've read. Over on HF, one of them said Yormark fired a 70-year old usher for telling him to watch his mouth because there were kids nearby at a game. If that's true, then it's all the confirmation I need that he's a miserable human being.

Apparently, Panthers fans can't stand him either from what I've read. Over on HF, one of them said Yormark fired a 70-year old usher for telling him to watch his mouth because there were kids nearby at a game. If that's true, then it's all the confirmation I need that he's a miserable human being.

In fairness, if you and your family had been associated with the Nets and Panthers for the past few years, you'd be miserable as well.

i was going to reply to your other post but i havent been able to get the multiquote thing down yet lol sorry.

first she directed her ass comment at yormark himself. its a direct statement towards a particular individual. im not sure how thats defendable.

that thing about the usher if its even true i can agree with on to an extent just becuase you dont know the whole story. i do know that if you went and told your boss directly to his face something like that youd probably be unemployed too.

Edited by hockey3893498

I am surprised this story blew up the way it did. I am shocked that a few Twitter exchanges could cause such a commotion, but I guess it hit a nerve with some people. I think the support from Devils' fans is a testament to how passionate we are. I'm not denying that I did not deserve a retort from Mr. Yormark. I stand by my comments as I still believe blaming Devils fans for the rat situation is ridiculous. I felt like he was most definitely – and I quote my earlier remark -- making an ass out of himself and the organization by trying to place blame on anyone else other than his own organization. I have no problem with him responding to my comments, but I do have a problem with him saying that since I'm not "popular," my opinion does not matter. What kind of message is that? However, I guess if that's how he wants to brand himself and his team, then so be it.

This has been a surreal and crazy experience, but I'm just focusing on finishing up my graduate program in the next three weeks and enjoying the last few weeks at my internship counseling my students. The attention is flattering, but there are more important things in the world to get upset about than a corporate executive exhibiting poor PR skills.

i was going to reply to your other post but i havent been able to get the multiquote thing down yet lol sorry.

first she directed her ass comment at yormark himself. its a direct statement towards a particular individual. im not sure how thats defendable.

that thing about the usher if its even true i can agree with on to an extent just becuase you dont know the whole story. i do know that if you went and told your boss directly to his face something like that youd probably be unemployed too.

When said person is acting like a 5 year old on Twitter and engaging fans instead of maintaining the professionalism expected of a C-level executive of a major pro sports franchise, it's plenty defendable. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I am surprised this story blew up the way it did. I am shocked that a few Twitter exchanges could cause such a commotion, but I guess it hit a nerve with some people. I think the support from Devils' fans is a testament to how passionate we are. I'm not denying that I did not deserve a retort from Mr. Yormark. I stand by my comments as I still believe blaming Devils fans for the rat situation is ridiculous. I felt like he was most definitely – and I quote my earlier remark -- making an ass out of himself and the organization by trying to place blame on anyone else other than his own organization. I have no problem with him responding to my comments, but I do have a problem with him saying that since I'm not "popular," my opinion does not matter. What kind of message is that? However, I guess if that's how he wants to brand himself and his team, then so be it.

This has been a surreal and crazy experience, but I'm just focusing on finishing up my graduate program in the next three weeks and enjoying the last few weeks at my internship counseling my students. The attention is flattering, but there are more important things in the world to get upset about than a corporate executive exhibiting poor PR skills.

bravo, nice post and response. sometimes the 15 minutes will find you and you just have to roll with it.

i'm just curious as to why you didnt take the opportunity to talk to yormark himself last night? you seem like a nice enough person that i think by doing that maybe it could have perhaps toned it all down a bit. if he was less then appreciative to you then it would have only served to make him look even worse.

IMO, saying someone is acting like an ass is equivalent to saying they are immature and acting like a baby. While she attacked that hack douche, he deserved every bit of it. Moreover, as a President of a professional sports team, he should be beyond responding to name calling on twitter. Can you imagine Lou, Ken Holland, or numerous other GMs/Presidents doing something like this? No you can't, and that is why teams like Florida and the Nets (where his brother is the President) are complete jokes.

The worst part about it is his comeback was weak, unless he actually thinks her opinions don't matter because she only had 70 twitter followers. If that's the case, then it shows you a lot about how those clowns run their organization and how little their fans opinions must matter to them (unless of course they have 10,000 friends on Facebook and 1000+ twitter followers).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

bravo, nice post and response. sometimes the 15 minutes will find you and you just have to roll with it.

i'm just curious as to why you didnt take the opportunity to talk to yormark himself last night? you seem like a nice enough person that i think by doing that maybe it could have perhaps toned it all down a bit. if he was less then appreciative to you then it would have only served to make him look even worse.

It's insane, a lot of news outlets have asked me to do an interview, but I don't really want to. I figured I'd talk to Puck Daddy and that would be that. It all is kind of silly to me, to be honest!

I didn't get the opportunity to talk to him. I thought I might be introduced, but it didn't happen and I couldn't exactly just go knock on the door of his suite and I didn't think it was appropriate to yell down at him from where I was sitting.

DM84 - LA is really hot, smart, kind and a Devils fan. You should be nice to her!

I am in no way shape or form upset or angry at LA.

The fact of the matter is that she put out a tweet directed right at him saying he was an ass and he replied with a smart ass tweet back. Neither are in the right on this and neither are the victim.

If anything, I am upset at the Devils for giving her a suite directly above the guy at the arena last night and therefore rewarding bad behavior. I do not blame her for accepting the tickets (as I would probably accept them if I was in her shoes), but the Devils marketing department saw this as an opportunity and took it. It is tasteless on their part but I guess they did their job.

When said person is acting like a 5 year old on Twitter and engaging fans instead of maintaining the professionalism expected of a C-level executive of a major pro sports franchise, it's plenty defendable. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

And again she basically called him an ass and directed it right at him at twitter. Neither acted appropriately.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

IMO, saying someone is acting like an ass is equivalent to saying they are immature and acting like a baby. While she attacked that hack douche, he deserved every bit of it. Moreover, as a President of a professional sports team, he should be beyond responding to name calling on twitter. Can you imagine Lou, Ken Holland, or numerous other GMs/Presidents doing something like this? No you can't, and that is why teams like Florida and the Nets (where his brother is the President) are complete jokes.

The worst part about it is his comeback was weak, unless he actually thinks her opinions don't matter because she only had 70 twitter followers. If that's the case, then it shows you a lot about how those clowns run their organization and how little their fans opinions must matter to them (unless of course they have 10,000 friends on Facebook and 1000+ twitter followers).

Let's change the circumstances a tiny bit and see if your opinion is still the same:

Imagine if LA was a Philly fan and she directed the tweet at James Dolan of the Rags. Dolan then responds the same way as Yormack did and the Flyers give her a suite at their next playoff game right above Dolan.

In this case I would bet anything every Devils fan on here would respond with the folloing:

1) Both acted inappropriately

2) The Flyers fan started it and Dolan should have not have replied in an unprofessional manner.

3) The Flyers organization is wrong for rewarding bad behavior of their fans thus they deserve their long-time reputation.

It's insane, a lot of news outlets have asked me to do an interview, but I don't really want to. I figured I'd talk to Puck Daddy and that would be that. It all is kind of silly to me, to be honest!

I didn't get the opportunity to talk to him. I thought I might be introduced, but it didn't happen and I couldn't exactly just go knock on the door of his suite and I didn't think it was appropriate to yell down at him from where I was sitting.

You should've just dropped your rally towel on his head after we won and blamed it on a Panther fan. :P

• Like 3

IMO, saying someone is acting like an ass is equivalent to saying they are immature and acting like a baby.

well in that sense calling someone a (i wont type it but its a nicname for a cat) is equivalent to saying they are scared and weak or cowardly. not all slangs are as innocent as they sound no matter how you try to spin it.

Edited by hockey3893498

Let's change the circumstances a tiny bit and see if your opinion is still the same:

Imagine if LA was a Philly fan and she directed the tweet at James Dolan of the Rags. Dolan then responds the same way as Yormack did and the Flyers give her a suite at their next playoff game right above Dolan.

In this case I would bet anything every Devils fan on here would respond with the folloing:

1) Both acted inappropriately

2) The Flyers fan started it and Dolan should have not have replied in an unprofessional manner.

3) The Flyers organization is wrong for rewarding bad behavior of their fans thus they deserve their long-time reputation.

Not this Devils fan. I don't think what she said is that offensive. There's a big difference between saying someone is acting like an A$$ and is an A$$hole. While she could have been more eloquent in calling him a piece of sh!t baby, it is twitter after all and it needs to be taken in context. In this case, the truth is a defense and everything she said is completely true. Plus, what the Devils do with their seats is up to them. If they want to give a ticket to a fan for whatever reason, that is their perogative.

Some of you are too sensitive. First of all, like lastone said earlier, there's a slight difference between saying someone is acting or looking like an ass than just plain saying they were an ass. Plus it's freaking Twitter, who cares if she called him a name? She wasn't exactly threatening him or saying it to his face.

I wouldn't even care about his response other than it's a snarky thing for someone in his position to say. Public figures are held to a higher standard of decorum, that's fact.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If anything, I am upset at the Devils for giving her a suite directly above the guy at the arena last night and therefore rewarding bad behavior. I do not blame her for accepting the tickets (as I would probably accept them if I was in her shoes), but the Devils marketing department saw this as an opportunity and took it. It is tasteless on their part but I guess they did their job.

I completely agree. I can't believe the devils gave away suite tickets for something like this. It just shows how much this twitter nonsense has gotten out of hand.

Ya'll are being ridiculous here. Why did they give away the tickets?...because it's all in good fun. And DM84 - tasteless that they gave her free tickets?...THEY ARE JUST TICKETS guys. The Devils did the right thing in good spirit and it was extremely tasteful. They gave a fan free tickets: poor president of sports team right? You know what?...I think Yormark would have been happy a fan got tickets...

Edited by ben00rs
  • Like 2

well in that sense calling someone a (i wont type it but its a nicname for a cat) is equivalent to saying they are scared and weak or cowardly. not all slangs are as innocent as they sound no matter how you try to spin it.

Sticks and stones. They're just words (and in this case, words typed over a computer). It's not like she was in his face screaming at him. Did Yormark feel threatened by her words? I doubt it. Could/should he have chosen to take the high road and ignore all of the tweets coming from Devils fans, including LA? Definitely. Should he have expected the barrage of tweets that was to follow after his BS comments about the rats? Absolutely.

If he was my employee, I'd be awfully pissed with his behavior. She's just a fan. But he is a representative/face of a professional organization. Big difference.

Ya'll are being ridiculous here. Why did they give away the tickets?...because it's all in good fun. And DM84 - tasteless that they gave her free tickets?...THEY ARE JUST TICKETS guys. The Devils did the right thing in good spirit and it was extremely tasteful. They gave a fan free tickets: poor president of sports team right? You know what?...I think Yormark would have been happy a fan got tickets...

So should I tweet every player/coach/management personnel saying they are acting like an ass on every opposing team and hope for a smart-ass response back so I can get free tickets from the Devils?

I will agree that what she said is far from the most terrible thing she could have said, but let's not make her out to be some victim. She said a smart ass thing and directed it to his twitter, and he reponded with a smart-ass answer. It was tit for tat and nothing more or less.

Again, two wrongs don't make a right and neither should be rewarded.

Edited by DevsMan84

Sticks and stones. They're just words (and in this case, words typed over a computer). It's not like she was in his face screaming at him. Did Yormark feel threatened by her words? I doubt it. Could/should he have chosen to take the high road and ignore all of the tweets coming from Devils fans, including LA? Definitely. Should he have expected the barrage of tweets that was to follow after his BS comments about the rats? Absolutely.

If he was my employee, I'd be awfully pissed with his behavior. She's just a fan. But he is a representative/face of a professional organization. Big difference.

Many fans call out team executives for being too distant with fans and being too professional. Take Lou for example. We go after him for being a little too professional on here all the time. Fans are always asking for team ownership/management to be more interactive with fans, but then throw a hissy fit when they try in this case.

They should be held to a certain standard, but not held against a double-standard by fans.

So should I tweet every player/coach/management personnel saying they are acting like an ass on every opposing team and hope for a smart-ass response back so I can get free tickets from the Devils?

That's not why she did it though, you are overlooking a pretty fundamental fact here.

Please, she defended the team, and then the team defended her. You are making it out to be a much bigger deal then it actually is.

I will agree that what she said is far from the most terrible thing she could have said, but let's not make her out to be some victim. She said a smart ass thing and directed it to his twitter, and he reponded with a smart-ass answer. It was tit for tat and nothing more or less.

You example doesn't work in this context because this didn't start with LA. It started with Yormark and his insane comments about Devils fans throwing the rats. Being a public figure (and one who uses social media extensively), he had to know that he was going to get nasty grams from a number of Devils fans (which he did). It is his responsibility (based upon his position with the team) to handle it with the appropriate decorum, which he clearly did not.

I would have yelled any number of remarks down to him, but alas, you must be a better person than I. I mean, he's technically a visiting fan in our building and had he just been some Joe Schmoe in a Panthers sweater, I doubt many people would find it improper for him to be heckled.