No Banner Raising?

CarpathianForest

Because it's the stinkin Coyotes...they're looking for any little morsel they can find to celebrate. Leave that stuff to the 2nd tier franchises who retire Ray Bourques number after playing barely over a season with them, and those other guys who retire Adam Graves for being "pretty good"

Because it's the stinkin Coyotes...they're looking for any little morsel they can find to celebrate. Leave that stuff to the 2nd tier franchises who retire Ray Bourques number after playing barely over a season with them, and those other guys who retire Adam Graves for being "pretty good"

Adam Graves was part of the greatest group of human beings that ever gathered together for a few months and obtained the greatest achievement in the history of the universe. Sam Rosen said so.

• Like 1

From what i heard, Devils reps have been telling people that there will be some sort of ceremony regarding the ECC. Not sure if that means a banner raising/unveiling or just playing a video and spotlighting an already unveiled banner, but from what I know, there will be something

In the past, I believe the banner is prehung... but they make acknowledgement of the feat in the pre-game video.

But no Cup, no big celebration for losing in the finals.

Now watch them make a big deal :)

That would be totally cool with me. I know the Yotes made a big deal because it's their first division win.

By the way that 94 New York Oilers team is the pinnacle of greatness! Ask Al Trautwig.

Adam Graves was part of the greatest group of human beings that ever gathered together for a few months and obtained the greatest achievement in the history of the universe. Sam Rosen said so.

A few months? They win the Cup every week depending on what channel you watch.

People need to realize that teams like Phoenix and Florida raise division banners because they never win anything. A division title is a huge deal for those teams. When the Devils made it to the Wales Conference Finals back in '88, a Patrick Division Playoff Champions banner WAS raised on opening night the next season because it was the first real accomplishment by the organization. But I'm happy to say that standards are much higher now, obviously.

Was Daneyko a Hall Of Famer or an all-time great? Daneyko was a terrific lunch-pail guy and a fan favorite and was a Devil forever, which endeared him to many. And as we all know, had some demons as well, which in a way made him "one of us".

Adam Graves deserved to have his number retired...he was a very good player for the Rangers who had some terrific seasons, was a great representative for them, and did a lot of charity work...for Graves, it was a little bit of everything, and I can respect that. He meant a lot to the Rangers, and still does. He really is everything you could want in a player...a hard worker who got the absolute most out of his ability, and all-around great guy who genuinely is trying to make the world a better place in his own way. I hate just about everything about the Rangers, but I respect Graves.

The Rangers didn't go wrong with that one, but the excuses they seem to find to keep reliving '94 really kills their credibility, as far as these things go. I honestly don't remember...did the Rangers celebrate all of Graves' contributions on and off the ice, or was it another indirect celebraion of 1994?

Was Daneyko a Hall Of Famer or an all-time great? Daneyko was a terrific lunch-pail guy and a fan favorite and was a Devil forever, which endeared him to many. And as we all know, had some demons as well, which in a way made him "one of us".

Adam Graves deserved to have his number retired...he was a very good player for the Rangers who had some terrific seasons, was a great representative for them, and did a lot of charity work...for Graves, it was a little bit of everything, and I can respect that. He meant a lot to the Rangers, and still does. He really is everything you could want in a player...a hard worker who got the absolute most out of his ability, and all-around great guy who genuinely is trying to make the world a better place in his own way. I hate just about everything about the Rangers, but I respect Graves.

The Rangers didn't go wrong with that one, but the excuses they seem to find to keep reliving '94 really kills their credibility, as far as these things go. I honestly don't remember...did the Rangers celebrate all of Graves' contributions on and off the ice, or was it another indirect celebraion of 1994?

You can't compare Graves to Daneyko. Danekyo spent his entire career with the Devils, and was the "original" Devil. A better comparison would be Sergei Brylin or Claude Lemieux.

The only sure thing jersey retirements going forward are Marty, and Elias if he finishes out his career with the Devils. It only happens for Kovalchuk if he wins a Cup and plays for the team for another ten years at a high level.

You can't compare Graves to Daneyko. Danekyo spent his entire career with the Devils, and was the "original" Devil. A better comparison would be Sergei Brylin or Claude Lemieux.

The only sure thing jersey retirements going forward are Marty, and Elias if he finishes out his career with the Devils. It only happens for Kovalchuk if he wins a Cup and plays for the team for another ten years at a high level.

The only comparison I was making is that different players can mean different things to different franchises, and those who don't follow the "questionable" player hard might not understand how a Daneyko or a Graves gets his number retired. Outsiders probably who don't know much about Daneyko would probably wonder why the Devils retired his number. Same with Graves, as we have fans here who question it. Just like Daneyko meant a lot to the Devils in his own way, Graves is the same thing for the Rangers. We know what Daneyko meant to the Devils, and I don't think there's a Devils fan alive who feels like Dan-o wasn't deserving of his honor.

At this point, Elias has cemented his #26 going to the rafters, IMO. Whether he finishes his career a Devil or not....