Devils reloading with defensive prospects

Devs4LIFE

If all those players turn out the way Conte hopes they do, it should be quite a team in 3-4 years. I hope Frazee pans out. It'd be nice to go from one great goalie to another. And no, I'm definitely not comparing the 2. I mean, there will never be another Marty, but I hope Frazee can prove to be a top guy in 5 years.

Good article but allthose Russians make me nervous. Other than Sarge I've just never trusted them. ;)

Tulupov has me very excited. I love how he has already played a lot in North America and he is huge. I also have read some great things about his stay at home game, which is always a need for any team. I look forward to him roughing some people up and being a good defenseman for the Devils.

Things that i got from the way that Conte phrased his sentances:

1) They Expect Greene to develope into at top3 D-man, but if he underperforms this season, he will be replaced.

2)Corrente is the Brightest prospect in the Devils system, and they have found another Quality player with a late pick. IMO i think that Conte thinks he is the Devils next #1 D man.

3) He wants to get both our russian prospects in the AHL as soon as possible, because right now he still dosnt really know what they have in the way of potential. And that the Russian system might harm their development.

4) Bergfors isnt going home, but he won be in the NHL next year either.

5) This is Tallacksons last chance to make the Devils, if he dosnt exploit his potential this year he is gone. you dont say someone is Doing OK, and then say he seems like hes not preforming, which isnt fair to him. Thats frustration.

If the last few drafts pay off , we have a bright future, another two solid drafts and we should have another very good team coming down the line.

Things that i got from the way that Conte phrased his sentances:

1) They Expect Greene to develope into at top3 D-man, but if he underperforms this season, he will be replaced.

2)Corrente is the Brightest prospect in the Devils system, and they have found another Quality player with a late pick. IMO i think that Conte thinks he is the Devils next #1 D man.

3) He wants to get both our russian prospects in the AHL as soon as possible, because right now he still dosnt really know what they have in the way of potential. And that the Russian system might harm their development.

4) Bergfors isnt going home, but he won be in the NHL next year either.

5) This is Tallacksons last chance to make the Devils, if he dosnt exploit his potential this year he is gone. you dont say someone is Doing OK, and then say he seems like hes not preforming, which isnt fair to him. Thats frustration.

If the last few drafts pay off , we have a bright future, another two solid drafts and we should have another very good team coming down the line.

Is that a prediction or is he seriously coming back?

A prediction.

This is a year for him to take another step forward. He was second-leading scorer at Albany two years ago as a rookie. He had a tough year last year for a couple reasons, including a lot was asked of him. He had the World Juniors, plus a professional schedule that was very demanding of him. We're not disappointed and we haven't seen the best of him yet."

Sending him home would not be taking a step forward.

That would be a huge step back.

Also , conte seems to be putting last seasons poor play down to fatigue. He should be in Lowell next season.