New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Like I said, a point per game and people expected alot more from him like he was going to score a hat trick every night.

Didn't he score a one-goal hat trick early in his stay? :P

Actually, that kind of shows you just how crazy everybody felt.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, god forbid I compare the Captain of another team to Zach. My word! Blasphemy!!!

Sure, i can play this game too. Hmm, lemme see, how about Zach Parise = Bryan McCabe ...Wow, you were right!

Edited by devlman

I keep refreshing HF, NJDEVS, and Twitter... fact is, no one knows what Kovy wants, where he wants to play, how much money he wants, and which teams are actually giving him offers.

I just wish he'd sign somewhere so we don't have to waste our time wondering.

I keep refreshing HF, NJDEVS, and Twitter... fact is, no one knows what Kovy wants, where he wants to play, how much money he wants, and which teams are actually giving him offers.

agreed. At this point we really know nothing. It's not worth getting obsessive about it, but for some reason I can't resist.

Same...being so unproductive at work. Thankfully tomorrow is the weekend. I'm not sure if I could pull off 3+ days of this without falling way behind

Edited by Devsfan118

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is saying that the Kings are closing in on a deal with Kovy.

Can't say its a reliable source but hey it hurts to read this.

Edited by SS-SS

I've always thought the only way Kovy would sign here is with a 3-year deal to see if we could win it & still be a free-agent again if we did not.

Otherwise, with newborn(s), he might want to lock into a place that he enjoys & will live there after.

so, there you have it. another speculative, non-fact based posting. Don't you wish you could now have those 30-seconds back ?

Sweet, if Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) says he is close with the Kings, that REALLY means Kovy is on the phone with Lou right now finishing up the deal! :cheers:

+1. I like this outlook

Sweet, if Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) says he is close with the Kings, that REALLY means Kovy is on the phone with Lou right now finishing up the deal! :cheers:

I'm waiting on the twitter update or facebook update or newjerseydevils.com update or txt message and last but not least for this site to crash and I'll know we got him!

Your severe lack of hockey intelligence seems to be pissing alot of people off.

"Dustin Brown is like Parise"

"No he's not. I'm mad you even said that."

"He's the captain of an NHL team, of course he is"

"Brian McCabe is also a captain of an NHL team"

"It doesn't work like that"

So if she weights the same as a duck, she's made of wood! And therefore........A witch!

+1!

Or at least Kovy and Grossman may have a possible "verbal" agreement with Lou and the Devils right now.

So if she weights the same as a duck, she's made of wood! And therefore........A witch!

What??? :blink: Do you follow what you type at all, or not quite? Cuz i dont think people understand your logic much of the time.

Edited by devlman

What??? :blink: Do you follow what you type at all, or not quite? Cuz i dont think people understand your logic much of the time.

I'm pretty sure it was a Monty Python reference. And in which case ... nicely played, Manta :lol:

Yes, god forbid I compare the Captain of another team to Zach. My word! Blasphemy!!!

Cmon now Manta, Dustin Brown is not in Koy's class. You are right that Doughty is though. Perhaps the poster meant, offensively. Kopitar is debatable.

Cmon now Manta, Dustin Brown is not in Koy's class. You are right that Doughty is though. Perhaps the poster meant, offensively. Kopitar is debatable.

No offense Big Ben, but I wasn't comparing Kovy to Dustin Brown. I was saying that Dustin Brown, Kopitar and Doughty were just as good a Parise. The poster claimed the Kings did not have any talent comparable. While Brown doesn't have the point production of Zach, he has the tenacity and leadership of what you want in a hockey player.

Some novices only pay attention to regular season individual point rather than impact to the team.

No offense Big Ben, but I wasn't comparing Kovy to Dustin Brown. I was saying that Dustin Brown, Kopitar and Doughty were just as good a Parise. The poster claimed the Kings did not have any talent comparable. While Brown doesn't have the point production of Zach, he has the tenacity and leadership of what you want in a hockey player.

Some novices only pay attention to regular season individual point rather than impact to the team.

I understand that. The point I was making was that to me Parise is in the same class as Kovy. Granted, Kovy is at the top of the class and Parise is more towards the bottom. But they are both grade A players.

Its debatable as to whether Kopitar is in that class. However, as I said before you are right about the Kings having comparable talent. Doughty is indeed a grade A player and a perennial Norris candidate.

But, maybe the poster was saying they had no offensive talent comparable. While I don't agree because I see Kopitar as being just as good as Parise, I can see the argument there.

Edited by ben00rs