2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

. Yeah, obviously I had to chuckle at that whole thing, but that would piss me off if I was a Jets fan. Say what you want about Leon Hess, I can't recall him saying as many dumb things in his whole tenure as owner as Woody has said in the last month (save for "I'm old. I'm entitled to some enjoyment from this team, and that means winning", and then going on to hire Rich Kotite). It cannot go over well in the locker room and with the coaches that the owner is shooting off his mouth like this.

Hess was an old school silent type...but he was thoroughly imcompetent as an owner and never had his finger on the pulse of the team

Woody > Hess

Woody Johnson is a public figure, he was a public figure before he owned the Jets and visible in the media. He's owned this team for what...10+ years now. We're all used to Woody. It's just noise and has no effect.

Hess was an old school silent type...but he was thoroughly imcompetent as an owner and never had his finger on the pulse of the team

Woody > Hess

Woody Johnson is a public figure, he was a public figure before he owned the Jets and visible in the media. He's owned this team for what...10+ years now. We're all used to Woody. It's just noise and has no effect.

If Hess didn't sell, you would still have Parcells and Bellichek. Food for thought.

If Hess didn't sell, you would still have Parcells and Bellichek. Food for thought.

C'mon, how can you say that with any certainty, let alone a straight face? Parcells isn't exactly one to stick around for the long haul.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

C'mon, how can you say that with any certainty, let alone a straight face? Parcells isn't exactly one to stick around for the long haul.

True, with Parcell's you would never know, but Hess gave him a carte blanche which no other owner has ever given him.

It's always been a change in ownership (Miami, New York Jets, New England) or just a ego manical owner (Jerry Jones) that usually lead to Parcell's departure. I can't remember why he left the Giants.

I believe if Hess were still there Parcell's would have been elevated to GM and part owner and Bellichek would have stayed on as well. As soon as Woody bought the team the ran out of New York.

Edited by MantaRay

Well how do you evaluate this win...

First a little nitpick...Jets romped but the refs sure called alot of PS penalties on us. Mind you I was in the stands and didn't have different replays at different angles...but it seemed like alot of bad PI calls on the Jets

Good to have some offensive personnel back. Hill didn't drop anything. Keller wasn't 100% but perhaps having him out there as just a decoy helped.

Nice to see McKnight break one...Leon Washington style

Jets eventually wore down the Colts weak defensive front and Shonn Greene just at them alive

Well how do you evaluate this win...

First a little nitpick...Jets romped but the refs sure called alot of PS penalties on us. Mind you I was in the stands and didn't have different replays at different angles...but it seemed like alot of bad PI calls on the Jets

Good to have some offensive personnel back. Hill didn't drop anything. Keller wasn't 100% but perhaps having him out there as just a decoy helped.

Nice to see McKnight break one...Leon Washington style

Jets eventually wore down the Colts weak defensive front and Shonn Greene just at them alive

Odds are the Jets will lose next Sunday, and then beat Miami the following week. I say this because that's how the tea-leaves read for this team all season. They can beat the .500 teams, but they lose to the quality teams. BUT, if there was any year to benefit from being mediocre.. it's this one.

There are 8 teams that have 4 wins or more in the NFC. In the AFC on the otherhand, there are 2.. Houston & Baltimore. The entire Conference is 3-3, and anything & everything is up for grabs. Yes.. the Jets have lost 3 times. But so has Miami, Buffalo, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego, Indy, and, (GASP).. the Patriots!! I'm not guaranteeing that we'll make the playoffs.. but I don't think anyone could've predicted this sort of logjam heading into Week 7. I'm seriously beginning to believe that an 8-8 team will make the wildcard with tiebreakers this season. And with the teams left to be played on the schedule, and the Jets trackrecord of beating average opponents this season.. they're still alive and kicking. We're all aware the team\defense started the season slow.. and I realize the importance of losing Revis. However.. with only 3 TD's allowed over the last 9 quarters, I believe this defense is beginning to get hot at a good time. The Jets' chances of making the playoffs will take an enormous leap should they beat New England next week.

EDIT: And I'm not going to go too nuts about Greene going over 100 yrds, when McKnight finishes with over 70. I think the Jets had a solid day on the ground due to a luke-warm Colts run defense.

Edited by Beezer34

You actually attended? I haven't even been to MetLife yet but I haven't heard great things about it.

very meh. Limited food and beer choices (pru center just kills them in this regard) The cheese steaks are dry and poorly made, the fries are gross...

The bathrooms sometimes a little cluttered

sightlines are ok, but there really isn't much more legroom than the old place. If there is you don't feel a difference

The Colts were just coming off a huge comeback win over the Packers, and YOU picked the Colts to beat the Jets

Yeah, it's definitely a meaningful win for the Jets. Parity being what it is, every win these days is a meaningful win.

very meh. Limited food and beer choices (pru center just kills them in this regard) The cheese steaks are dry and poorly made, the fries are gross...

The bathrooms sometimes a little cluttered

sightlines are ok, but there really isn't much more legroom than the old place. If there is you don't feel a difference

I've only been there once, and sat in the club seats. Food there was very good, but that's something you would expect.

The Colts were just coming off a huge comeback win over the Packers, and YOU picked the Colts to beat the Jets

It was an emotional home game which they dedicated to thier coach and the Packers underestimated them.

I don't think I cared enough about this game to make a prediction.

Like I said, next week will be the bigger test because the Pats' suck as well.

Yeah, it's definitely a meaningful win for the Jets. Parity being what it is, every win these days is a meaningful win.

I've only been there once, and sat in the club seats. Food there was very good, but that's something you would expect.

which club seats? I know they have a bunch of different sections? Was the food free or just easier to access (no lines) like the Caesars club at Citi?

They messed up a lot of things in the new place. Why not have overhanging canopy's like in Seattle that covers the fans but still lets the elements hit the field? I mean we had better overhangs in the old dump!?

The stadium isn't nearly as loud as the old one. The jets chant used to rattle around and echo in the old stadium, here it's quieter and just dissipates. The new stadium doesn't hold sound as well.

The stadium isn't nearly as loud as the old one. The jets chant used to rattle around and echo in the old stadium, here it's quieter and just dissipates. The new stadium doesn't hold sound as well.

This and it much more difficult to get out of. I prefered the old Giants Stadium.

This and it much more difficult to get out of. I prefered the old Giants Stadium.

Have you seen the logjams to get on the trains going back on secaucus? I mean they pack in thousands of people...many seriously drunk, into a cramped moving tube. Not the best idea. Parking is a mess, getting out is a mess.

Giants Stadium could've lasted another decade. I mean it was ugly...but both the Jets and Giants wanted a new revenue stream. They are making a killing with this new stadium, even if fan experience is at best...5% better? thanks for the 6 extra centimeters of leg room and slightly cleaner bathrooms.

Ravens stadium is older and seems miles better for the gameday experience (granted it is cheaper to build there) but it just LOOKS sleeker and newer

and I do prefer a brick exterior to...air conditioner panels?

Edited by '7'

Like I said, next week will be the bigger test because the Pats' suck as well.

They're barely losing these games Manta. The Pats FAR from suck.. they just have a very weak secondary, and teams are exploiting it, the way the Jets safety situation was exploited last season. This is why every QB that's played them this season is throwing anywhere from 300-350 yrds. They have the coaching to overcome this, and will eventually right the ship.

I feel we're going to see alot of Tebow in this game. Mostly because of necessity due to the injuries at RB.. but also because of scheming. I still think Sparano & Ryan have been holding back with TT, and saving some stuff for NE.

which club seats? I know they have a bunch of different sections? Was the food free or just easier to access (no lines) like the Caesars club at Citi?

They messed up a lot of things in the new place. Why not have overhanging canopy's like in Seattle that covers the fans but still lets the elements hit the field? I mean we had better overhangs in the old dump!?

It's that mezzanine level on the sidelines right below where all of the luxury boxes are. There's a large concession area exclusive for that section, kind of like the club seats at the Rock. Still have to pay for the food (unlike the Rock) but it was pretty good. There's a Food Network station that has an interesting selection. I had a small cup of buffalo chicken mac and cheese.

I feel we're going to see alot of Tebow in this game. Mostly because of necessity due to the injuries at RB.. but also because of scheming. I still think Sparano & Ryan have been holding back with TT, and saving some stuff for NE.

When the Jets have to start resorting to that, you know the season is lost. Even above-average offensive teams do not rely on gimmicks (which is what Tebow is at the moment) though they might work for a game or two.

Horrible, horrible loss. I mean nobody expected the patchwork Jets to win this game, but after clawing back in it and actually seizing the lead...it looked for a second like they might pull it off.

Stephen Hill...good lord we knew he had problems with the dropsies but that was obsurd. I mean he catches that ball maybe we go in for a TD, or at least burn more time off the clock before the FG. As it stood NE had way too much time to set up Gostkowski.

Special teams runback by McCourty...don't know what the hell that was about. Folk was also upfield way too fast. You NEVER see that against a Westhoff ST unit

The Greene-Sanchez fumble/soccer safety. Ridiculous...either Sanchez has to recognize that's a busted play and just eat it, or Greene has to...you know...HANG ONTO THE FOOTBALL FOR ONCE and just take the loss. Also big fvck you to whoever let Wilfork into the backfield so quickly

And Sanchez again with the fumble to end the game...he just tries to do too much and never gives up on plays where he has no hope in. Just protect the ball and go into a fetal position. Is he too stupid to realize when a play is truly dead.

Nice game by Kerley...I think we have a burgeoning stud here

Again, Brady didn't get touched all day, but really didn't burn us either

Folk continues to make his kicks

Keller was finally 100% and it showed

We'd better beat the fvcking fish now