The Quest for 91

Devils Pride 26

It turns out 91 points would have been enough to make the playoffs after all.

Okay I'll bite...how would 91 have made the playoffs?

Atlantic - Boston 117, Tampa 101, Montreal 100

Metro - Pittsburgh 109, Rangers 96, Flyers 94

Wild Card - Detroit 93, Columbus 93

Which one of those teams was a 91-point Devils team beating out?  Last I checked 93 > 91  :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm gonna take a crack at this one. Dallas made it with 91. Mike Brown never specifically said 91 would be enough for the Devils to get in, just that 91 would be enough to make the playoffs. Semantics will strike again. An argument will happen. I'll be annoyed.

Just a guess though.

No because he specifically said multiple times in this thread that it was extremely unlikely, all but impossible for eight other teams in the East to get 92 or above, even after it was pointed out the cutoff line was above 91 almost every other year since the lockout.  And true to form, all 91 would have gotten us was 9th instead of 10th.  

The West point total is irrelevant, who cares about the West? (and if Dallas had needed the game on the last day maybe THEY get to 92 or 93 lol)

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm gonna take a crack at this one. Dallas made it with 91. Mike Brown never specifically said 91 would be enough for the Devils to get in, just that 91 would be enough to make the playoffs. Semantics will strike again. An argument will happen. I'll be annoyed.

Just a guess though.

That guess was an excellent guess.  That's exactly what I was saying.  I apologize for not being more clear.

No because he specifically said multiple times in this thread that it was extremely unlikely, all but impossible for eight other teams in the East to get 92 or above, even after it was pointed out the cutoff line was above 91 almost every other year since the lockout.  And true to form, all 91 would have gotten us was 9th instead of 10th.  

The West point total is irrelevant, who cares about the West? (and if Dallas had needed the game on the last day maybe THEY get to 92 or 93 lol)

You're right.  I did say that and I was wrong.  But the problem is, Washington only had 90 points.  Meaning Columbus didn't need 93 to make the playoffs.  They only needed 91.

That guess was an excellent guess.  That's exactly what I was saying.  I apologize for not being more clear.

You have serious mental problems.

this is like last straw your a full on moron type of post man. Remember that PM you sent to everyone, did you even read what people wrote?

Edited by Sneax

You're right.  I did say that and I was wrong.  But the problem is, Washington only had 90 points.  Meaning Columbus didn't need 93 to make the playoffs.  They only needed 91.

Ohhhhh so this whole time you were just trying to let us know what OTHER teams needed to get into the playoffs, not what the Devils needed. Because even in that scenario that you came up with, the Devils would have needed 92.

fvckin' called it. You suck MB.

Also, I never got a PM. I actually just realized I haven't gotten one since 2011. I feel left out haha.

Ridiculous.  We were arguing about the East teams and standings specifically, you can't use the West to weasel out of this anymore than you can use the AHL or KHL when odds are there wasn't a single post about the West in this thread before today.

lol now we're arguing what ifs.  The argument specifically was how many points the DEVILS needed to make the playoffs.  Which turned out to be 93.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Probably a stupid question, but how do you get this clips to show up in the post rather than just the link? I used to be able to do it, but something changed a little while back and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

RIght above the 'underline' button is an image icon for 'Speciall BBCode'. Hit it, select "media" and paste the video url in the box.