Doc Night

Blown01NJ

The giveaway is a collectable card or something cheapish like that.

Yeah, they said at the game on Friday that all fans will receive a limited edition Doc trading card. Don't know if they want people to arrive early like they did with Nieds Night, but I'd imagine an announcement would be made pretty soon if they did.

it would be cool if they could just have him announce one game :saddevil:

Yea my gf and I have been wishing for this for a while now. I don't know what kind of hurdles there are (ie, he may have an exclusive agreement with NBC), but I'm pretty sure he'd be amicable to come back and announce a game here and there. It would be really great for the fans to hear him and Chico announcing for one night.

That's pretty lame. If they are. Basically doing a re-do o the celebration they had for him a few seasons ago at least throw something in there like a doc bobble head to make it worth it

LOL Don't expect to see bobbleheads any time soon..apparently the last one was a fiasco. I'm trying to get some info if the fans need to arrive earlier.

LOL Don't expect to see bobbleheads any time soon..apparently the last one was a fiasco. I'm trying to get some info if the fans need to arrive earlier.

Why, what happened? Last time I remember a bobblehead was for Daneyko, but that was many years ago.

(Unless you are counting the 4 bobblehead collection they gave to people who got a mini plan a couple seasons back)

Edited by DevsMan84

Why, what happened? Last time I remember a bobblehead was for Daneyko, but that was many years ago.

(Unless you are counting the 4 bobblehead collection they gave to people who got a mini plan a couple seasons back)

I'm counting the 4 bobbleheads that looked nothing like the players...

Apparently they tried other players but they got nixed for the same reasoning it's called "Goal Celebration" and not "Kovy-ing" anymore.

They have kept the details pretty secret, I suspect they won't all come out (hopefully we at least know when to get there lol) but I'd think this ceremony would be a little different. Last time it was more or less a quick acknowledgement of his career and congrats on making the Hall of Fame, this time they'll celebrate his entire tenure as a Devil and if something is done (like a banner or renaming the booth) it should be done Friday.

Little more information from here but it still looks like it's going to be very similar to the last Doc night. I really wish they would announce these things cause it's a real pain in the ass for me to switch my schedule around for today but if they are raising a banner of some sort I'd really wish they would have said it already

This is from the Devils twitter so it looks like it's going to be a quick ceremony...

The ceremony for Doc Emrick will start at 7p.

but this is from the devils site

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=618550&navid=DL|NJD|home

Friday’s telecast on MSG+ will include live coverage of the special pre-game ceremony in which Doc will deliver a speech and be presented with a number of awards. The telecast will also feature special vignettes throughout the night, with Devils players and broadcast peers reflecting on their time with Doc, including Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Patrik Elias, Ken Daneyko, Stan Fischler, Chico Resch, Howie Rose, Mike Lange, Bill Clement, Rick Jeanneret and Bob Chase.

Following the post-game show, MSG+ will telecast a special edition of the MSG Original program, “The Game 365,” where host Fran Healy sits down with Doc to discuss the span of his career, his unmatched style and life in and out of the broadcast booth.

Edited by Satans Hockey