2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Who knows when Clowe will come back.    The guy played like 5 games here and he's showing some symptoms already.   

He was banged up in other ways besides his head, so part of me is hoping that they're just trying to get that straightened out before he goes back on the ice.

This jumps out at me:

Larsson: 10 shots on net in 6 games, 0:28 PP TOI/G.

Harrold: 10 shots on net in 9 games, 1:53 PP TOI/G. 

Let Larsson play the point on the second PP. It can't get much worse.

Unsurprisingly, Devils have league worst 5v4 Corsi For% (75.9%) and Fenwick For% (68.3%) - both by decent margins. Small sample size, I know, but I'm open to trying anything at this point.

Wow...Schneider gets the nod tomorrow. 

Good...admittedly I was concerned about that.

Has anyone noticed an extra pep in Volchenkov's step lately? I think he's been getting gradually better with every game, to the point where I think we're better with him on the ice than off, which is something I don't think we've been able to say for a little over a year and a half. 

I think he's looked solid and has been putting on some great hits, even in the Rangers game, and especially in the Columbus game. That hit on Dubinsky was absolutely beautiful and was ruined by Dubinsky somehow taking offense, like a pansy.

I hope Volchenkov's trending upward, maybe it's a bright spot that Stevens can have as a defensive coach; if there's anyone he can make better, I think it's guy like Volchenkov.

Has anyone noticed an extra pep in Volchenkov's step lately? I think he's been getting gradually better with every game, to the point where I think we're better with him on the ice than off, which is something I don't think we've been able to say for a little over a year and a half. 

I think he's looked solid and has been putting on some great hits, even in the Rangers game, and especially in the Columbus game. That hit on Dubinsky was absolutely beautiful and was ruined by Dubinsky somehow taking offense, like a pansy.

I hope Volchenkov's trending upward, maybe it's a bright spot that Stevens can have as a defensive coach; if there's anyone he can make better, I think it's guy like Volchenkov.

Even at his worst, he's always been good on the penalty kill. 

Even at his worst, he's always been good on the penalty kill. 

Agreed. I've gotten on Volchenkov and others, but more out of frustration over the handling of Fayne and Larsson. Volchenkov and Salvador have actually been pretty solid this year, especially on the PK. The Devils have the 7th most effective PK so far by killed off % and 3rd most effective by shots against/60 at 42.4. Salvador has played 77.5% of the Devils SH ice time and Volchenkov 67.6% so they've been stepping up a lot for the Devils.

Honestly, DeBoer's fascination with Harrold and jerking around of Fayne and Larsson is the problem. I think the contracts of Salvador and Volchenkov earn them more grief than they actually deserve.

Agreed. I've gotten on Volchenkov and others, but more out of frustration over the handling of Fayne and Larsson. Volchenkov and Salvador have actually been pretty solid this year, especially on the PK. The Devils have the 7th most effective PK so far by killed off % and 3rd most effective by shots against/60 at 42.4. Salvador has played 77.5% of the Devils SH ice time and Volchenkov 67.6% so they've been stepping up a lot for the Devils.

Honestly, DeBoer's fascination with Harrold and jerking around of Fayne and Larsson is the problem. I think the contracts of Salvador and Volchenkov earn them more grief than they actually deserve.

It's just tough when Volch is the highest paid d-man on the roster. He's going to get flak no matter what unless he can all of sudden start playing better than anyone else on D.

I hope when Salvador gets back, Volch is removed.

a lot of volch haters on this board .. yea he has his bad plays sometimes but i dont mind him too much to be honest.. hes a big body hes around to lay some hits and he plays a physical game which is needed here. i thought he had a pretty good game last night from what i can remember of him.

How about using Harrold as a forward from now on instead of waiving him? Not that he's going to be waived, I just saw it mentioned on here a couple of times. I actually think he has a good offensive upside and he could easily replace Gionta (although we know that will never happen). Harrold is definitely too small to play defense on this team as Lou said and they have used him at forward before.

And it would make permanent room for Fayne or Gelinas.

Edited by Jerzey Devil