Hey rememer when the Devils beat the Rags in the playoffs

roomtemp

Yeah I was waiting for that to be the next clip they showed. That was retarded, "yeahh marty lost in '94...... and nothing else has happened in his career until this stadium series game, but hey, here he is eating a raw ass steak"

Seriously its like the freaking best book end for Brodeur how do you not bring it up.

We all know that 1994 was the pinnacle of not only the NHL, but hockey as a sport.  It is akin to a perfect celestial alignment where all the planets, stars and moons formed a perfect order and shone down on the NY Rangers who were destined to win hockey's Holy Grail.  Since then it has been nothing but the Dark Ages with 1995, 2000 and 2003 being especially dark.  Now, with the greatest goaltender in existance, the light is vanquishing the dark and soon hockey will be in a state of Renaissance.

Eh they're just pandering to the larger market.  I'm sure they'd rather please the NY market than the sizably smaller NJ market.  Oh well.

We'll always know that a 'subpar' Devils team beat the Rangers in glorious, glorious OT fashion that year.  That's enough for me.

Edit:  Because man, it's still so sweet.

Also, that goal horn..

Edited by Devilsfan118

Eh they're just pandering to the larger market.  I'm sure they'd rather please the NY market than piss off the sizably smaller NJ market.  Oh well.

We'll always know that a 'subpar' Devils team beat the Rangers in glorious, glorious OT fashion that year.  That's enough for me.

Edit:  Because man, it's still so sweet.

Also, that goal horn..

Best part is still that Rags fan in a WC jersey sitting right behind the McD's ad behind the goal.  Right after Henrique scores he is so friggin pissed haha.

I saw that too.  It always amazes me how disrespected this franchise is considering the amount of success we have had over the past 20 years.  They made it seem like that series in 1994 is the last time we were even in the playoffs.  If anything, they should profile the Queen and show clips of Henrique scoring in Game 6 to highlight how close he came to getting there, only to be stopped by a bitter rival.  They should be playing this as the Queen's redemption story, not Marty's  

Edited by Chuck the Duck

That goal. 

That chant.

That high 5 with Kovy and Parise.

Now I'm all kinds of depressed. 

Hah, sorry sorry.  I've kinda moved past the sadness and now just appreciate it for what it is.

Although man it's crazy to see the personnel that have left.

They should be playing this as the Queen's redemption story, not Marty's  

Agree 100%. The story's much more compelling if they were to feature the goalie in his prime who is out to get some kind of redemption. Not the 41 year old who's 3 Stanley Cup rings deep with countless other accolades. This Yankee Stadium game is a tiny little footnote in what he's accomplished, I can't believe they framed him the way they did. They were doing so great until that moment.