Mustache Boy....

Chimaira_Devil_#9

From TG fire and ice:

The Devils held their monthly “mustache boy” shootout competition at the end of today's practice. Stephen Gionta was the incumbent “mustache boy” after losing last month's competition – in which every player has to shoot until he scores and the last player left without scoring loses.

Much to his relief, Gionta scored in the third round of today's competition, which came down to Jacob Josefson and Jon Merrill as the last two not to score.

Josefson is probably the team's best player in the shootout, but couldn't score today until his 13th attempt, leaving Merrill as the “mustache boy” for the next month.

“I was a relief to finally score,” Josefson admitted.

Hadn't seen this before. Used to do this at rec hockey but we called it juice boy.

One way to practice the shootout.

Not sure how many teams do stuff like this but I know the Pens at least used to do this. It was documented in the Caps Pens 24/7 series. I think at one point Paul Martin was mustache boy.

I have a feeling some people will get annoyed because it's something else that we've taken from the Penguins, but I like stuff like this. Glad the guys are having fun this season and I think that energy and close team bond really comes through in their play this year.