2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

Sounded like a lively crowd on the TV. Wish I could make more games but its such a long drive from where I live, I have been getting fleeced while selling my season tickets this season. Total of $17 made on this one...woooooo.

The Blue Jackets aren't exactly a marquee opponent.

Going to the game on Sunday (parking garage is soldout already) and next Saturday! :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going on Sunday and Tuesday!  Hopefully it doesn't snow too bad on Sunday.  Going to try and improve my 8-1-3 record this year!

Edited by Mike Brown

I'm going on Sunday and Tuesday! Hopefully it doesn't snow too bad on Sunday. Going to try and improve my 8-1-3 record this year!

Fingers crossed!! Hope we win! I got my 1 game yearly club seats for the family on Sunday and then lower bowl (corner section for next weekend. :)

Good time!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I thought it had to be sold out.. They must be counting all club seats (and JVB must have "purchased" the remaining club seats in previous years to get a sellout)

It looked sold out.  But the average person can't tell the difference between 97% capacity and 100% capacity.  16,012 is basically 580 empty seats.

Edited by Mike Brown

I was there. Looked to be several hundred empties, but "close enough" to call a sellout

I was there. I'd say a lot fewer empty seats than that if you're not counting the suites, which evidently aren't counted anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

I was there. I'd say a lot fewer empty seats than that if you're not counting the suites, which evidently aren't counted anymore. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are tumbleweeds in those suites.

But I guess there are what? 16,700 or so non suite seats in the building?

Edited by '7'

I was there. I'd say a lot fewer empty seats than that if you're not counting the suites, which evidently aren't counted anymore. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No team, in any professional sports, counts luxury suites as part of general attendance.  However, if you are talking about the club seats at center ice, then I agree with you.  Those sections are always 1/2 full, at best.

No team, in any professional sports, counts luxury suites as part of general attendance.  However, if you are talking about the club seats at center ice, then I agree with you.  Those sections are always 1/2 full, at best.

They were pretty full last night.  You also have at least 10 to 20 people at any time watching the game from the credenza where you go to your seats.  So the actual attendance in the lounges is a bit larger than it appears on TV.

They were pretty full last night.  You also have at least 10 to 20 people at any time watching the game from the credenza where you go to your seats.  So the actual attendance in the lounges is a bit larger than it appears on TV.

Last night wasn't bad, but they certainly weren't full.  And even with the 20+ people standing behind the last row at that ledge, it still doesn't make up for the hundreds of empty seats in those sections on a nightly basis.  The problem is that those tickets are too expensive.  This fanbase can't afford to sellout those sections consistently, and the lack of corporate ticket sales for this team leads to there being large swaths of empty seats right at center ice in prime view of the TV cameras. 

1/2 full?  I have to say it's closer to 3/4.  I usually only see 5 or 6 seats on average per row not taken.

Devils still lagging in ticket sales, but new management expects that to change

Devils President Hugh Weber notes that attendance is down less than 800 fans per game from 2011-12, the last full NHL season.

“For a long time, the Devils’ strategy was getting [diehard] hockey fans into the building to watch hockey,” Weber said. “Our strategy is more about understanding that this is great content, and you don’t have to be a hardcore hockey enthusiast to enjoy what happens.”

Weber adds that there used to be “a lot of high-discount, volume tickets, and we’ve stopped that strategy.”

The no-show rate is now “quite low” for that reason, Weber said: “If you have a ticket, you’re going to come and you’re going to have a great time.”

The implication from this is, of course, is that gross ticket revenue would be improved – at least, per ticket anyway – though Weber didn’t want to be quite THAT specific.

“This year is about building value, understanding what the value of the ticket is, getting rid of discounting so that fans know that they have the best price on a given night.”

This also is the time of year that franchises focus on season ticket renewals, and Weber says “All things being equal, we should be in a much better position next season because of our season ticket base. Fans generally have been happy with our engagement, and leadership is taking the time to listen, to hear what they want.”

See more at: http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowlandsmatters/7983/devils-still-lagging-in-ticket-sales-but-new-management-expects-that-to-change/#more-7983

“This year is about building value, understanding what the value of the ticket is, getting rid of discounting so that fans know that they have the best price on a given night.”

This also is the time of year that franchises focus on season ticket renewals, and Weber says “All things being equal, we should be in a much better position next season because of our season ticket base. Fans generally have been happy with our engagement, and leadership is taking the time to listen, to hear what they want.”

I've never heard such blatant lying and drivel, especially that last sentence.