Devils Vs. Tb Game 4

sundstrom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils do need to be a bit tighter defensively, but I was very happy with their "spring on ya when you F-up" offense tonight. Classic Devils. Marty looked a little shaky at times, but that goal wasn't his fault. I expect a stellar performance from him on Friday as well as a vice-grip defense.

Okay, I haven't read the game thread, so I'll probably just repeat everyone else.

Stevens is an incredible leader. He didn't show any pain, and played a fairly solid game considering.. made a few bad reads, but he played 27 minutes and was stellar.. scoring a great goal. If anyone was questioning why they pay this guy 8 million a year, you got your question answered tonight.

Brian Gionta had an excellent game. He was all over the ice tonight making plays.

Elias-Gomez-Marshall. Great game for them. Generated a lot of scoring chances.

Nieuwendyk and Friesen were also more visible on the forecheck. Brylin, too, and Rheaume. The Devils played a much better game in Game 4 than they did in Game 2.

The Devils have the Lightning figured out. They generated all kinds of odd man rushes because the Lightning were incapable of exploiting their extra manpower down low, or in the slot, or anywhere. The Devils would just move the puck up ice and get scoring chances. The game could've easily been 5 or 6-1.

Albelin played okay, but Tverdovsky has to get back in the lineup.

Brodeur made the stops when he had to.

The Devils clamped down in the third and played their game.

Madden and Langenbrunner were hardly visible, but that's a good thing. I think Gomez and Elias are finally heating up.

I just hope Tampa can pull the upset on Friday so that there home fans (me included) can thank them for the ride that no one could have imagined would happen on Sunday. IMO, if a couple of bounces go our way, this series is tied up, but in all honesty, the Devils are the better more experianced team. Hopefully the rise of the Tampa Bay Lightning has just begun!!!

Third period was total Devil domination, they must have had 6 or 7 two on ones.

Great to see Elias and Gomez fianlly put one in. Gomer was also the best player on the ice tonight.

Just when I thought Gionta plays his worst period ever (1st) he comes out and plays the best I've seen him all season in the second and third periods...another thing that was great to see. Overall, the majority of the Devils forwards were really moving tonight, the best they have all series in my opinion.

Am I crazy for thinking maybe Tommy has earned the 6th spot at least for now?

Hopefully they can wrap it up on Friday and get a nice long rest again, as the other series looks like it's going seven.

Oh yea, almost forgot, Stevens is an absolute warrior. Words don't do justice for what this guy brings to the team.

"Oh yea, almost forgot, Stevens is an absolute warrior. Words don't do justice for what this guy brings to the team."

I said "sit him". I guess I don't understand just what kind of player, person and leader he is. I know he's the best "C" in the NHL, but tonight I just saw folklore.

Scary, just want to see that goal over, and over again. Unreal.

Have a great Thursday and let's put it away Friday!

-was dissappointed with the laziness in defensive zone coverage in the first two periods. simply put, they were lazy and weak with the attempts at clearing the puck, and many times they didn't get it out. tampa spent alot of unnecessary minutes in the devils end.

-gomez had probably his best game of the playoffs.

-good decision to bench tverdovsky after his poor play in game 3. albelin played solidly, and tverdovsky has shown he can respond positively to benchings.

-the devils still have not played up to their abilities. they've gone 7-2 with their top two lines playing inconsistently. clearly, though, if they end up going to the conference finals, any inconsistency will have to be cleared up.

Yeah definitely bry, that puck was jumping around and if Tampa weren't so panicky they would've had some great scoring chances.

I measure the Devils' lines by the scoring chances they generate, not by the goals. The Devils have gotten the goals all playoffs, they've had what, one 2-1 victory and the rest have been 3 goals or more? Very remarkable. If lines generate scoring chances, one will go in from somewhere. While the Devils have not had the committee scoring that say, Anaheim has, I expect we're going to get it soon.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this was a good all-around game by the Devils. Yeah, they started kind of slow, and were sloppy at first, but once they got the 2nd goal (Yay, Elias!) I didn't really think the outcome was in doubt.

I thought the top 2 forward lines all had really good games tonight. Every one of them was skating hard, fighting for the puck, making good plays, and getting good scoring chances. Gionta looked very good with Nieuwy & Friesen, and that line was jumping all night. Nice goal off the faceoff, eh? Gomez & Elias just seem to get a lot of scoring chances with Marshall on their wing, whatever the reason. The Maddenbrunner line was quiet offensively, but did their usual job defensively.

And Scott Stevens - what can you say? He made all the difference in how this team played. Way to go, Captain!!!

Very good win! Close it out Friday, and they'll be halfway to the prize!