Fire DeBoer Thread

Daniel

We're the same team as we were in 2012 period. Has everyone forgotten we were a bubble team that year? Without that six game win streak to finish that season, this team with Kovalchuk, Parise, and a useful Clarkson wasn't making the playoffs.

I don't understand this post.

We're the same team as we were in 2012 period. Has everyone forgotten we were a bubble team that year? Without that six game win streak to finish that season, this team with Kovalchuk, Parise, and a useful Clarkson wasn't making the playoffs.

That's ridiculous, they were in comfortable position by mid-March.  They were a 'bubble' team for about 50 games but made a ton of acquisitions during the season.  

And on top of our talent drain there's two more playoff-caliber teams in the East since then (Detroit and Columbus).

That's ridiculous, they were in comfortable position by mid-March.  They were a 'bubble' team for about 50 games but made a ton of acquisitions during the season.  

And on top of our talent drain there's two more playoff-caliber teams in the East since then (Detroit and Columbus).

Hmm, they actually were, I don't know why I was confused. They were 10 points clear of ninth for a good while.

TG: Devils’ Jagr says putting him and Zajac on different lines “doesn’t make sense”

“It doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t want to talk about it either,” said Jagr, who lead the Devils with 17 goals, 31 assists and 48 points in 57 games. “I don’t really (care) either.”

DeBoer admitted he was “a little reluctant” to split up Jagr and Zajac as he has tried to accommodate Jagr’s preference for stability since they talked about it early this season.

“I know Jags likes consistent linemates,” DeBoer said. “Some guys prefer that. Some guys don’t mind change. I know he’s said before that he likes to play with the same guys. At the same time, that only works if you’re getting consistent production and we haven’t gotten enough there recently.”

That last part wasn’t accurate, though. Before Jagr was held without a point in Monday’s 2-1 overtime loss to Colorado, he had put up four goals and eight assists in nine games. Zajac also was on a pretty good run with two goals and six assists over six games.

So, Jagr’s response to the suggestion that DeBoer made the move in hope of creating more goals, was a sarcastic-sounding, “That makes sense. Me and Travis, we didn’t score many.”

Otherwise, Jagr wasn’t in a mood to discuss it further.

“I’ve got a lot, but I’m not going to say it,” Jagr said. “I’m just looking for peace in my body.”

First, Jagr publicly advocates for Josefson, DeBoer doesn't listen. Now, Jagr publicly disapproves of DeBoer moving Zajac off his line. Fun times.

TG: Devils’ Jagr says putting him and Zajac on different lines “doesn’t make sense”

First, Jagr publicly advocates for Josefson, DeBoer doesn't listen. Now, Jagr publicly disapproves of DeBoer moving Zajac off his line. Fun times.

I do want Larsson back up here though. I'm quietly praying after their game tonight, they'll be calling him up. A boy can hope.

I want a little more speed moving up the ice, and I think Adam can provide that.

Sounds like perhaps the players were saying the right things about their coach publicly and now things are boiling over...  If the Devils don't go 2-0 DeBoer could be got at that break. Hell... he could be gone sooner.  The clock on PDB is ticking loudly...

Nothing against Jagr, but I do remember him being kind of a cranky diva and a PITA at times when he was younger.  Not sure if publicly calling out his coach is the best thing right now, but I'm sure everyone was frustrated after that loss.

Sounds like perhaps the players were saying the right things about their coach publicly and now things are boiling over...  If the Devils don't go 2-0 DeBoer could be got at that break. Hell... he could be gone sooner.  The clock on PDB is ticking loudly...

Well so far it's one player (and a rent-a-legend at that), maybe two if you count Marty that are unhappy with Pete at this point.  At least among the vets.  Of course if you start ticking the vets off you don't have much of a base of support since Pete sure as shooting doesn't have the young guys in his corner - aside from maybe Henrique.

The old Lou would have called Jagr up for a spanking but I don't know that the hibernating version of Lou's going to do anything.  Especially since Jagr happens to be RIGHT lol

I hope he doesn't let this affect his play.  He needs to understand that this lineup change is only for the better.

The better for who?  Jagr's had his best season in a few years with the Devils largely with that line and Zajac's been better offensively than he's been in three years.  Not great mind you but better than the ZERO he'd been in the offensive zone before he and Jagr got put together.

Well so far it's one player (and a rent-a-legend at that), maybe two if you count Marty that are unhappy with Pete at this point.  At least among the vets.  Of course if you start ticking the vets off you don't have much of a base of support since Pete sure as shooting doesn't have the young guys in his corner - aside from maybe Henrique.

The old Lou would have called Jagr up for a spanking but I don't know that the hibernating version of Lou's going to do anything.  Especially since Jagr happens to be RIGHT lol

The better for who?  Jagr's had his best season in a few years with the Devils largely with that line and Zajac's been better offensively than he's been in three years.  Not great mind you but better than the ZERO he'd been in the offensive zone before he and Jagr got put together.

Better for the team.

How is it better for the team exactly?  Zajac's been a total dud with anyone not named Jagr or Parise in the last four years and the latter ain't coming back anytime soon.  I can't imagine Jagr being better than what he's been already this year.  That line's the only one producing, it makes zero sense to blow it up.  Do whatever the heck you want with the other three lines, short of making CBGB the second line.  He's more reluctant to break them up than he is the top line.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How is it better for the team exactly?  Zajac's been a total dud with anyone not named Jagr or Parise in the last four years and the latter ain't coming back anytime soon.  I can't imagine Jagr being better than what he's been already this year.  That line's the only one producing, it makes zero sense to blow it up.  Do whatever the heck you want with the other three lines.

I apologize for not making my point clear.  Pete isn't doing it to piss off Jagr.  He's doing it in an attempt to try and get more scoring from guys not named Jagr.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here - who do the other plays side with, PDB or the disgruntled veterans?  If PDB loses the locker room you can be sure that'll be the nail in the coffin.

But yeah, Jagr's probably being a bit of a diva but..he's got a point, in this instance.

One of my many unpopular opinions, but fvck Jagr. This isn't how things are handled in New Jersey. I hated the signing, he grew on me after his hot start, but I'm sick of him. I've said that Zajac's game has greatly improved from playing with and learning from Jagr, but he can take some notes from Travis about conducting himself with a bit of class. I didn't expect a 41 year old of his profile to sign a one year deal and have any respect for the club.

One of my many unpopular opinions, but fvck Jagr. This isn't how things are handled in New Jersey. I hated the signing, he grew on me after his hot start, but I'm sick of him.

..you're out of your mind. Jagr was hardly venting to the media by saying; "there's alot I could say, but I won't" -and questioning the motive of this change. He's right to question it. Jagr & Zajac have combined for nearly 80 points in 55 games. They're not the problem. The problem is DeBoer. He's under .500 the three years in NJ, just as he was the 3 years with the Panthers. If it comes to siding with the logic of a 42 year-old Jagr -vs- a 45 year-old coach who's made the playoffs once in 6 years.. I'm siding with JJ.

PD has one foot already in the grave, and he's desperately trying anything and everything before the clock strikes midnight. The only reason Lou hasn't already pulled the trigger is because there's too many games left in the season to not save face for the incumbent Scott Stevens. By March when there's a smaller sample size left for Stevens, like 17 games left to play (if they still can't stop the bleeding) Cousin Eddie will be shown the door, and coaching in Kitchener next season.

Edited by Beezer34

..you're out of your mind. Jagr was hardly venting to the media by saying; "there's alot I could say, but I won't" -and questioning the motive of this change. He's right to question it. Jagr & Zajac have combined for nearly 80 points in 55 games. They're not the problem. The problem is DeBoer. He's under .500 the three years in NJ, just as he was the 3 years with the Panthers. If it comes to siding with the logic of a 42 year-old Jagr -vs- a 45 year-old coach who's made the playoffs once in 6 years.. I'm siding with JJ.

PD has one foot already in the grave, and he's desperately trying anything and everything before the clock strikes midnight. The only reason Lou hasn't already pulled the trigger is because there's too many games left in the season to not save face for the incumbent Scott Stevens. By March when there's a smaller sample size left for Stevens, like 17 games left to play (if they still can't stop the bleeding) Cousin Eddie will be shown the door, and coaching in Kitchener next season.

I'm no DB fanboy, but what Pete is trying to do is get the rest of the team going offensively.  Jagr hasn't been with Zajac the entire time here, and he has produced playing without him.  I think it was the 5-0 Nashville game when Zajac and Jagr were paired together.

Yeah pete plays around with the lines so I won't be surprised if zajac get moved back up in the middle of the game depending on the situation.

I don't mind the move because honestly I think jagr is going to help anyone out be it loktionov zajac zubrus Boucher, whoever. This move is not to spark the jagr line it's supposed to help the Elias line, which hasn't done anything the past few games. Plus loktionov is going to get a real chance to look good here, so that's a bonus.