GDT: Bolts at Brodeur-Lead DEVILS 7:30

ThreeCups

are you arguing that we should have not resigned zajac and let him walk this offseason? Because otherwise I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Everyone knows he's not been up to par offensively it's been beaten to death.

Sometimes after reading your posts I look like your avatar.

Nah not at all im glad we got him back, once all the real top line centers have resigned a post-new cba contract Zajac should be worth what he is. But he's incredibly overrated "defensively" here. People are mostly just trying to find something positive about him since he's not producing like he should.

Edited by SterioDesign

Nah not at all im glad we got him back, once all the real top line centers have resigned a post-new cba contract Zajac should be worth what he is. But he's incredibly overrated "defensively" here. People are mostly just trying to find something positive about him since he's not producing like he should.

yeah, that's what it is.  It's not that the Devils get 60% of the shots when Zajac's on the ice, and that Zajac has been a play-driver for years, it's that people are trying to find positives about him.  

You mean overrated in the fact that he's probably one of the best defensive center's in the league. Yeah, overrated. He's only overrated if you pretend that he's had a contract for $5.75M per his whole career. The one he's 10 games into and already has people throwing him under the bus for.

Edited by ATLL765

Well SD, are his defensive contributions worth 3.5 million? Because that's his salary this year. 

Edited by Marshall

so far this season there has not been one game where zajac has not jumped out at me by making a solid defensive play. It seems as though he is always the guy back checking to break up odd man rushes and he is always out there in crucial defensive situations.

He probably isn't worth the contract now but would have gotten better via fa. So I have no problems with it.

Even if he doesn't score another goal in his career as long as he plays this caliber defense and adds 30 assists then his contract will not be nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

If you haven't watched the post game interview with Jagr, do it. 

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=689117

This guy is easily becoming one of my favorite Devils.  Love his attitude, you can easily see how much this guy loves the game.  I hope he doesn't retire after this season.

i was just thinking the same things about hoping he doesnt retire after this year.. his attitude is awesome guys a true character not too serious can joke around a little bit.. knows he is basically the man and isnt going to listen to anyone tell him other wise but also knows he can back that up.. dude is pretty cool in my book!

i was just thinking the same things about hoping he doesnt retire after this year.. his attitude is awesome guys a true character not too serious can joke around a little bit.. knows he is basically the man and isnt going to listen to anyone tell him other wise but also knows he can back that up.. dude is pretty cool in my book!

I think he winks more than Rolston, ha

If you haven't watched the post game interview with Jagr, do it. 

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=689117

This guy is easily becoming one of my favorite Devils.  Love his attitude, you can easily see how much this guy loves the game.  I hope he doesn't retire after this season.

He is awesome... he made my day this morning when i was listening to that