25smul5.png

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

It has everything to do with it. I mean come on, the Tyree catch (luck plus an offensive line that hel pretty mich every member of the NE defensivel ine), Burress in Green Bay OWNING that game (and then Favre handing the giants the game) He's had different receivers...but they've all been very good.

A good comparison for Manning is Terry Bradshaw. He just had all the right pieces around him

The Tyre pass was luck, but getting to the Superbowl was not. Eli MADE Burress, just as he made Manningham, Cruz, Steve Smith, etc. Manning makes a well coached WR corp GREAT. Eli doesn't get the credit he deserves.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,708 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Not to mention Eli's gotten the best out of scrub TE's like Ballard and now Bennett. Ripping on him is silly. He's a better version of Favre, occasionally he'll have hiccups but not quite as many as the Favreini. Favre at his best was better than Eli at his best, but Eli's more consistent.

As far as this week's games...I don't think Carroll will be running around like they won the Super Bowl this week. No replacement refs to save them anymore lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 September 2012 - 03:03 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Favre at his best was better than Eli at his best, but Eli's more consistent.

When it is all said and done Eli will accomplish much more than Favre, with the exception of Favre's trademark INT record.
Favre's biggest success came when he had a Reggie White Defense which nullified Favre's goofy mistakes.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Panthers with the most pathetic and toughest loss in franchise history. Worse for me than how they won the Super Bowl. They got the game winning first down but Cam fumbled the ball from past the first down line to behind it. Then they allow the Falcons to gain 60 yards on the first play from the 1-yard line. Inexcusable. Then you have CBs that don't get to cover the boundaries when a team has no timeouts and decides to cover the middle of the field instead.

What a joke team.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#26 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Honest to god I've never seen a season with so many mediocre to BAD teams.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Honest to god I've never seen a season with so many mediocre to BAD teams.

There just aren't that many good teams. Certainly, a few solid teams, but none that stand out. Houston is 4-0, but they haven't beaten anyone. Atlanta is 4-0, and should have lost to the Panthers.

The Patriots and Packers aren't wowing anyone anymore. The Ravens and Steelers defenses are past their prime.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Ravens should worry a lot of people our biggest weakness (pass rush) will be a strength come November.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Billy Cundiff is so horrible.

There just aren't that many good teams. Certainly, a few solid teams, but none that stand out. Houston is 4-0, but they haven't beaten anyone. Atlanta is 4-0, and should have lost to the Panthers.

The Patriots and Packers aren't wowing anyone anymore. The Ravens and Steelers defenses are past their prime.

The Niners belong in the Houston/Atlanta group. Last week's loss aside, they are still one of the best teams in the league.

Edited by nmigliore, 30 September 2012 - 06:12 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what the Patriots are. The next few weeks should help to answer that question, though that D is still a problem. If the Pats really want to estabilsh themselves as an elite team, I think they really have to win all three games, though I'd be happy with two, especially if one of them comes against the Jets.

Good news for the Pats is that they don't really have to be THAT good to win the division. Bills are never going to next level with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their QB (now has 16 career INTs in 6 GP against the Patriots), Jets are just one of those teams that seems to be cursed no matter what they do (they are the gridiron Mets), and Miami doesn't really scare me. 9 or 10 wins might be all it takes to win the East.

Manta will blow up the Ravens, but I'm still trying to figure them out as well. Beating the Pats was huge for them though...tiebreakers are always crucial, and Baltimore earned a big one there.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Real refs mess up in Green Bay game: called Sproles down by contact on a clear fumble. Poor Green Bay, again.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Real refs mess up in Green Bay game: called Sproles down by contact on a clear fumble. Poor Green Bay, again.

and you guys wondered why I was so against them :P

this Miami/Arizona game may have THE WORST PLAYED GAME EVER by a QB with 400+ yards passing :blink:

Looks like Tampa might have to bully the kneel down again.....frakking bag of douche...... :rant:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#33 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Cundiff squeaked a 41-yarder through the uprights in a crazy finish in Tampa Bay; probably saved his job for at least another week with that. RGIII continues to shine....

I watched the finish in Carolina/Atlanta earlier... Newton can keep them in games but Carolina's defense is a joke. They had the upset pulled on Atlanta before Ryan, backed up in his own endzone when throwing the ball, somehow found Roddy White 50+ yards down the field, which ultimately set up the game-winning field goal.

The Lions look like sh!t; 1-3 despite a soft start to their schedule.

Arizona is 4-0, but I'm still not buying it yet.... seems like they win tons of close games.

Huge win for Green Bay in a game in which they almost got screwed (again) by the refs. New Orleans, as they probably were last week anyway, are done.

Edited by nmigliore, 30 September 2012 - 07:11 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

8-5 with the coin toss picks!!!! :boogie: :boogie:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Billy Cundiff is so horrible.

The Niners belong in the Houston/Atlanta group. Last week's loss aside, they are still one of the best teams in the league.

They are a very solid team, but the Vikings loss shows their issues. When they fall behind, they are not playing in their comfort zone at all. Alex Smith is not going to win them many games. Still not sure he is the guy that can lead them to the dance.

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

They are a very solid team, but the Vikings loss shows their issues. When they fall behind, they are not playing in their comfort zone at all. Alex Smith is not going to win them many games. Still not sure he is the guy that can lead them to the dance.

They fell behind because their run defense failed them for one week, the odds on that happening again is quite slim....the Niners do have the lead to come back from 7-10 points, any more then that and ANY team is going to have problems regardless of their offensive personnel

#37 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

LOL at the late-game coaching in this game. Giants totally burned themselves trying to throw the ball when they were within good field goal range and even had some time to grind out a few extra yards on the ground; what the hell were they thinking? There's just no purpose to throwing the ball there; run it, spike it with less than 10 seconds to go, and kick the winning field goal. And then on the other side you have Andy Reid pulling the icing-the-kicker bullsh!t (which is a proven failure) and almost costs HIS team the game.

Edited by nmigliore, 30 September 2012 - 11:06 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#38 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Games like this expose the myth of Eli Manning and how overrated the giants are. Horrible pick in the endzone...the drive where they scored to make it 17-16 he was hitting WIDE OPEN receivers with no defenders within 6-8 yards (credit the guys that actually get open unlike Jets receivers) last drive of the game his receivers drew 2 huge PI penalties (one legit, the other complete BS) not sure if he even completed a pass on that drive. But Barden got greedy and ended up knocking them on the brink of FG range, and Tynes just doesn't have a powerful enough leg to make that

And the Eagles aren't even that good. But McCoy ate them up on the ground and Vick wasn't bothered at all by the Giants speed rushers.

Edited by '7', 30 September 2012 - 10:46 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Not sure what Collinsworth was seeing on that call on Barden at the end. He seemed unsure about it, but it looked pretty blatant to me. And I was rooting for the Giants.

#40 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

The Giants Dline at this point is just a bunch of ego's and it pisses me off. Osi can get lost for all I care.

As for the second PI call, yes the contact was within five yards BUT once the ball is in the air that doesn't matter, hands off. The contact was enough to effect Barden's attempt at catching the ball, therefore penalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users