House Hunting: Whaddya Know About West Orange?

insanity_gallops

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have started the process of looking at houses. It's happening faster than we'd thought, but there are a few that have really gotten our attention. There's one in particular that's located in West Orange... but I know very little about the area.

Does anyone have more knowledge about it? What's the town like, is there a downtown, how are the schools, etc? I don't even really know where to start, and my wife's away right now - and wants me to have some stuff that we can look at and discuss when she gets back.

Any help is appreciated. It's remarkable how helpful this board has been before, so I figured it's worth trying again!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have started the process of looking at houses. It's happening faster than we'd thought, but there are a few that have really gotten our attention. There's one in particular that's located in West Orange... but I know very little about the area.

Does anyone have more knowledge about it? What's the town like, is there a downtown, how are the schools, etc? I don't even really know where to start, and my wife's away right now - and wants me to have some stuff that we can look at and discuss when she gets back.

Any help is appreciated. It's remarkable how helpful this board has been before, so I figured it's worth trying again!

Thanks!

What little I know is, West Orange is HUGE, I think you could say it has 2 town centers. Property taxes will probably be high, but it will also be close to Newark aka The Rock!

I don't know anything about West Orange but you should read this site and post on their forum. Lots of helpful people on there, and I would search West Orange on the forum to read some of the older threads.

Info...

http://www.city-data.com/city/West-Orange-New-Jersey.html

Forum...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/

Edited by Satans Hockey

I live near W Orange. One thing that's cool about the town is that it's one of those places where different races live and thrive together. As someone else said, it's huge, so lots of different areas. Everyone goes to the same high school, so naturally it's huge too. My impression of the students there was always fairly positive, and I'm sure it's in the top quartile of public high schools in NJ. They have a skating rink, bowling alley, and zoo. huge parks too