1219 replies to this topic

#421 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

pittsburgh wins a playoff game with 10 goals, gary bettmans nightmare has come home to roost.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#422 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

The Rangers are going to abuse themselves into oblivion. Dunno if it'll be here, but if they get a strong team in the next round with little or not layoff, it's gonna get ugly early and often. You can't do what they're doing for 2 months in the playoffs. Sens were starting to pull them apart.

#423 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ottawa scored in Overtime. Turris with the GW. Los Angeles up 1-0(Kopitar)

#424 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

The Rangers are going to abuse themselves into oblivion. Dunno if it'll be here, but if they get a strong team in the next round with little or not layoff, it's gonna get ugly early and often. You can't do what they're doing for 2 months in the playoffs. Sens were starting to pull them apart.

which teams left can honestly beat the rangers? the flyers dont have the goaltending, the devils arent beating them not with their bipolar play, the capitals are a severe headcase with a rookie goalie. the bruins would be the best bet and thats with a sharp thomas and finding some goals but thats really it. the best choice would have been pittsburgh given their firepower but thats not going to happen.

#425 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

which teams left can honestly beat the rangers? the flyers dont have the goaltending, the devils arent beating them not with their bipolar play, the capitals are a severe headcase with a rookie goalie. the bruins would be the best bet and thats with a sharp thomas and finding some goals but thats really it. the best choice would have been pittsburgh given their firepower but thats not going to happen.

Never count anyone out. Anything can happen. I never thought Ottawa would have tied the series 2-2 but they did.

#426 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

wait...Rangers are 2-2 with the #8 seed and we're still pretending they're unbeatable?

#427 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Do you see the Rangers giving themselves up to end up 2-2 with an 8 seed which isn't particularly good? Do you see them getting tired? The Rangers are nowhere near as good as people make them out to be. They just have a knack for sitting on leads and give themselves up to keep them.

What goaltending do you need to beat the Rangers, if they score one goal on you, not only do they stop you from doing anything, they stop THEMSELVES from doing anything. Their style is regressive sh!t and they are not going to get far playing long series.

#428 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

How about Ottawa, considering it's 2-2?

#429 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

How about Ottawa, considering it's 2-2?

How about ottawa? ottawa hasnt had a lead for one second over the 4 games played. do you really feel confident that ottawa has to win (potentally) 3 games at MSG to win a 7 game series? no doubt ottawa is giving them fits which many people thought they would due to their speed and puck persuit, but do they have enough without alfredsson over the next 3 games?

#430 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Vancouver avoids the broom. Great game for Schneider. I honestly think Luongo is the one getting dealt this summer, not Schneider.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#431 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Vancouver avoids the broom. Great game for Schneider. I honestly think Luongo is the one getting dealt this summer, not Schneider.

I don't think anyone would want him. Except...oh god LOU DONT DO IT.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#432 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I think Tampa could be a possibility.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#433 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

How about ottawa? ottawa hasnt had a lead for one second over the 4 games played. do you really feel confident that ottawa has to win (potentally) 3 games at MSG to win a 7 game series? no doubt ottawa is giving them fits which many people thought they would due to their speed and puck persuit, but do they have enough without alfredsson over the next 3 games?

Every game is its own independent event. If they had enough today, they have enough for Game 5, and subsequently Games 6 and 7.

This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there are ALWAYS a ton of series that don't end up the way most people predict. It happens quite often every year. Who predicted the Canadiens to beat the Capitals in 2010? Who predicted the Oilers to come out of the west in 2006? Who predicted the Ducks and Wild to meet in the conference finals in 2003? Who predicted the Kings to take a 3-1 lead over the Presidents Trophy winning Canucks this year? This list can be continued all night.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#434 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

The scoring in the PA series is such a joke! Entertaining sure..

They've got to be on pace for a modern day record for goals in one series.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#435 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Columbus. Depends on his NTC and Columbus' cap, but...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#436 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

The Islanders will pick him up and suddenly he'll develop bad knees. :argh:

#437 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

:lol: :lol:

Exactly my thought process when I read the post about him getting traded

Just say NO Lou

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#438 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

If by now Lou doesn't know not to overpay for a goalie based on league trends for the last few years, we are screwed. Unless its a Pekka Rinne, I want cheap goaltenders.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#439 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

yes, they do. the rangers are being beat like a drum. you cannot give up as much zone time as they have been giving up in these games and beat really good teams. what, other than lundqvist, would give any rangers fan confidence that they can win any playoff series?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#440 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

They are great at blocking shots?
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image