Devils sign RW Alexandre Carrier, C Phil DeSimone

Mayday

DeSimone is a guy I thought was intriguing coming out of New Hampshire. This guy won't blow the doors off but he should be a suitable AHL pro. Albany right now looks like this:

Wiseman-Zalewski-Anderson

Pesonen-Whitney-Sislo

Wohlberg-Sestito-D. Zajac

Hoeffel-K. Zajac-Carrier

ex: DeSimone

Gelinas-Urbom

Leach-Corrente

Burlon-Kelly

ex: Young

Frazee

Kinkaid

Wedgewood

Am I the only one who would like to, just for the hell of it (not coz we have to coz that'd be scary), see them call up the remaining Zajacs and form an all-Zajac line, that we could then call ZajacCity, and sing about it to the tune of Rack City by Tyga?

...I am?

Very well, carry on then.

DeSimone is a guy I thought was intriguing coming out of New Hampshire. This guy won't blow the doors off but he should be a suitable AHL pro. Albany right now looks like this:

Wiseman-Zalewski-Anderson

Pesonen-Whitney-Sislo

Wohlberg-Sestito-D. Zajac

Hoeffel-K. Zajac-Carrier

ex: DeSimone

Gelinas-Urbom

Leach-Corrente

Burlon-Kelly

ex: Young

Frazee

Kinkaid

Wedgewood

DeSimone won't be an extra center, 14 goals in his first pro season is pretty good. He should finish 3rd line center by seasons end. The Devils should have a very good defensive team from what I can see. Good goaltending and very solid defense.

DeSimone won't be an extra center, 14 goals in his first pro season is pretty good. He should finish 3rd line center by seasons end. The Devils should have a very good defensive team from what I can see. Good goaltending and very solid defense.

He is also 25, though, that's a pretty rotten debut year. I guess they haven't yet signed Whitney. I do think the team will be better, it still lacks top end scoring, but it should contend for the playoffs.

He is also 25, though, that's a pretty rotten debut year. I guess they haven't yet signed Whitney. I do think the team will be better, it still lacks top end scoring, but it should contend for the playoffs.

Maybe Reid Boucher surprises at camp and earns a contract but that didn't seem to work for D'Amigo and Maple Leafs. We could certainly use some offensive players at that level.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Maybe Reid Boucher surprises at camp and earns a contract but that didn't seem to work for D'Amigo and Maple Leafs. We could certainly use some offensive players at that level.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Reid Boucher. I thought he was already signed to a contract but apparently not. But I doubt if he went to Albany that he would contribute much this year.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Reid Boucher. I thought he was already signed to a contract but apparently not. But I doubt if he went to Albany that he would contribute much this year.

Funny, I could see him getting 16 goals 14 assists as a 19 year old based on his shot alone. He could be a -30 as well though.

• 5 weeks later...

Curious about MacIsaac's thoughts on this guy, I think he was in Cape Breton this year?

I never really watched him closely due to his age but is just your average big lumbering defensmen. Has an average slapshot, plays a decently physical game. He doesn't jump into the rush at all and isn't all that fluid of a skater. I really don't understand the move unless he played better for Drummondville which appears to be so based on stats.

They should be better than last year. The goaltending and defense should definitely be much better. I'm looking forward to seeing Wedgewood in goal and how Gelinas and Urbom do with another full year.

I think there's a better chance Wedgewood plays in the ECHL this season. He needs to get as much ice as possible and unless they move either Kinkaid or Frazee where does he fit? Somebody want to explain why Frazee was given a two year deal last season?

Maybe he can share an apartment with Banwell in Trenton?