Elias S19 sticks for trade or sell

cgosha21

I was at the Devils equipment sale today & picked a few extra Patrick Elias Easton S19 Grip sticks & I was looking to see if anyone wanted to trade for another stick or buy 1 let me know, you can email me at cgosha21@gmail.com.

Chris

Well I am sorry you feel that but I am actually looking for a trade first, I am looking for a Parise, Clarkson, Shanny, or Kovy stick to trade with. If someone offers to pay for 1 I will listen. Not looking to rip people off!

Just to play Devils Advocate for a sec. If he paid $50 and is reselling for $90, when you consider shipping charges it's not that much of a markup.

Seems fair to me.

Add in that he probably paid $20 for a VIP ticket and had to get there early (or get very lucky).

Though it isn't said if shipping is included for $90.

Edited by mac760

85 to pick them up in Middletown. 95 for him to ship.

Why is that a fair deal? I don't care if he waited in line or paid 20$ for the VIP. People should NOT be allowed to grab a lot of sticks of the SAME player only to rip off other fans. I'm a loyal fan. We go to A LOT of games and buy A LOT of merch. And it's unfair that I should have to pay almost a 100% markup for something like this.

Alright, time to chime in here.

1) Stating an asking price should be mandatory in this section.

2) There should be a limit on equipment bought. No question. It's finally gotten to that point now. I saw a few examples at this sale that totally crossed the line into absolute greed and/or obsession. I'm not talking about the Devils Den sh!t, either. In my opinion, the Devils won't do it because they are afraid that limiting it would cut of their nose to spite their face.

3) Someone can ask what whatever they want for something. It's not like he's asking a rediculous price like i am sure some will. If someone wanted something at the sale you 1) should have been there if you possibly could. It was a Saturday. 2) ask someone you knew and trusted who was going to help you if they possibly could. I helped a friend who asked that couldn't make it and i tried to help others that were there who were way back in VIP or in the other line.

If you want to spew (and have the game worn/new equipment market knowledge to back it up), save it for the items that are truely overpriced with greed when they surface.

4) It's getting to the point that people care about what someone paid for something more then anything else. A deal is a deal, no matter the markup.

My house is worth 25% more now then when we moved in. I guess i should sell it for a loss!

Lighten up. That Elias stick is a great deal even with him selling it. If you play, you know an s19 is a $200 stick. As a collectible, spend another $20 for an or auto (or for free) and it's still a bargain. If i didn't have one, i'd take it. No standing in line 5-6 hours early, paying for VIP, standing in the 10AM line with no chance at anything. That and battling others with the slim/lucky chance you'll find what you want (especially if you have a narrow focus).

Also, if you have no personal interest in the item, why would it matter what someone is asking price wise for anything?

Edited by SJP20

Well I see this post got a little more attention than I thought.

Listen I to spend a lot of money at the games, I am a season ticket holder downstairs, parking pass, plus food & other stuff.

I am not looking to rip anyone off here. My first goal is to trade, now I have received numerous trade offers but most sticks people have wanted to trade are not sticks I want or I already have.

The S19 sticks are brand new and the curve is actually pretty useable compared to many others. Like someone said earlier they do sell for over $200 a stick.

If someone is interested like I said in emails, if you are local it is $85 per, if I have to ship it is $95. I don’t think it is a bad price but if you feel it is don’t offer to buy it.

Remember it cost me $50, plus $40 for the tickets (me & my little brother), gas, tolls, food so I am still losing if you think about it.

Like I said I am willing to trade but it has to be something I am looking to add to my collection. Clarkson, Parise, Kovy, or something out of the norm. Let me know

Oh please, you aren't losing. Look you have the right to sell whatever you want at whatever price you want but the extra cost you are talking about is totally split amongst how many items you and your brother bought.

You are charging a 70-80% premium for your ability to get there ahead of those who were too lazy or too unfortunate to be able to get down there when you did, fine. Just don't play the pity card.

Why is that a fair deal? I don't care if he waited in line or paid 20$ for the VIP. People should NOT be allowed to grab a lot of sticks of the SAME player only to rip off other fans. I'm a loyal fan. We go to A LOT of games and buy A LOT of merch. And it's unfair that I should have to pay almost a 100% markup for something like this.

His markup is hardly unrealistic. If you don't like the $85 you can offer less. What can he do? Tell you to pound sand?

I'm happy you don't care that he stood in line while you slept and he possibly paid $20 for the privilege of standing in that line. The reality is time is money. What should he do instead? Give the sticks away out of the kindness of his heart?

I do agree that it would be nice if the Devils limited how much equipment they sold to 1 person. But at the end of the day they probably just want as much of it to leave the premises as possible.

Edited by mac760

I'm all for defending ya but gas, tolls, and food are stretching it..

I drove from close to HERSHEY, PA. I went with the sole purpose of buying a few things for me and three people gave me money to buy up $1400.00 total of items they wanted. In the end I only bought a pair of $50.00 gloves of Colin White.

Although I didn't ask for gas money, food, tolls, or anything else I don't think that is fair because you went there to get something for yourself first and foremost. I would've asked each of the three to "tip" me some amount they felt was right since I got to the arena near 4AM. I made my own plans to be there and if someone was in front of me it was definitely my fault. EVERYONE was in control of their destiny to either buy the tickets and/or come early. People made choices to either come early or not, but those who didn't shouldn't complain.

Recently I sold my items (some from the equipment sales of past and some from the MeiGray Group who sels game wworns. I sold out of everything I had in 10 days time. I posted my price of $50.00 for most items and BOOM they moved. The seller is looking to trade first and foremost, although I wouldn't trade a Kovalchuk or Parise stick for an Elias. Zajac would be fair.

Unfair that you should HAVE to pay almost a 100% markup? Nobody is forcing you to buy the sticks.

The guy put in the time waiting in line, he can sell the sticks for whatever he wants. Would I buy anything from that sale for a markup? Personally, no, I wouldn't, because I'd rather put in the time in line myself and pay what the Devils were asking. But that doesn't mean it's not still a fair price. Like Ken said, it's a $200 stick. That's half off!

What about the people behind him in line that waited for almost the same amount of time that can't get any because he snatched them all up? "Tough loss" that at a team equipment sale some jackass is allowed to clean the place out to put money in his pockets? It's not illegal, and nobody is ever going to do anything about it. I just think it's a real douchey thing to do.

The people behind him probably should have gotten up earlier. It's common knowledge that the popular players don't last at this event. There were people there 9 hours before I got there at 7:30. Whatever Kovy sticks there were I figure they earned. But instead I slept in my bed and not Mulberry St and I still got most of what I hoped to get.

You have 4 options.

Settle for a lesser player.

Get up earlier next year.

Pay the marked up price.

Walk away.

I see no issues if he picked up a couple more than he needed in the hopes of swapping for a player he could not get.

I also agree with Chorske17 that he's reaching if he thinks a Kovy or Parise is coming his way for an Elias.

What about the people behind him in line that waited for almost the same amount of time that can't get any because he snatched them all up? "Tough loss" that at a team equipment sale some jackass is allowed to clean the place out to put money in his pockets? It's not illegal, and nobody is ever going to do anything about it. I just think it's a real douchey thing to do.

The first twenty-four people got there BEFORE 6AM. I know because I was in that group. NO one in there waited as long we did. I think to some extent, everybody helped out someone else in line in that group of getting items.

If you don't like "douchey" (whatever that means) things then don't be late. You are in control of your destiny when it comes to getting sticks. In all fairness, I only saw (with my own two eyes) 4 Kovalchuk sticks. I know 3 out of the 4 people who got them.

I don't care when he got there. I know that if he didn't do it, someone else would have. I don't hate him, I hate what he did. I hate the cult of people who think that purchasing items at a sale just so they can turn around and sell them to other people is okay. I hate the jackass who screwed my little brother out of a hockey puck to make money.

This is essentially how the world works... I think your anger is misplaced.

I am in no way trying to offend the topic starter. I messaged him and if I had that kind of money right now, I would still buy one from him. I am just upset at the process. There was a definite and good reason we couldn't be at the equipment sale. So it's not like we were being lazy and letting other people do the work so we can get rewarded. Jamie was lucky enough to get a friend to pick her up a Clarkson stick and was only charged the real amount. Such is life right?

douchey

adjective

being an overall douchebag

I don't care when he got there. I know that if he didn't do it, someone else would have. I don't hate him, I hate what he did. I hate the cult of people who think that purchasing items at a sale just so they can turn around and sell them to other people is okay. I hate the jackass who screwed my little brother out of a hockey puck to make money.

Can't use the word in the description. Please try again... Help me understand what a female cleansing has to do with someone reselling a stick?

This country was created with freedom in mind, freedom to do what you want in terms of a job, religion, business and many other choices. If you don't like those choices then either except it or move somewhere else. Maybe you can take Landon Donovan with you. What a waste of talent. The Algeria goal was more luck and being in the right place at the right time since Dempsey did all work and technically was offsides even though he was in the goal (but with the officiating who knows anymore).

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

You've never heard someone say "you're a douche" before? Or are you just trying to be a smart alec.

:unsure: And someone said that my anger was misplaced.

I've heard it before, but I never understood it. If you think it is unscrupulous say so, if you think it is unethical say so, if you think it was overpriced SAY SO. I don't understand the "douche" comment and doesn't let me understand why you think it is wrong.

I'm not angry with you or LD. I'm disappointed in the US team. Landon Donovan is very inconcistent. I can think of 3 or 4 active players who derserve to play more than him.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.