Devils - Predators

Beetlebum

Let me break this down for you because either guys are you mongos or don't understand dealing from strength.

1 We have 8 dman signed

2. Tallinder is the most tradable since Larsson will do what he does and has a better cap hit

3. Volch probably won't waive his NTC after getting to the SCF so he is staying

4. Our top 6 is weak at the moment unless you want Pesonen as our first line right winger opening night

5. We hace center depth. Henrique has passed Josefson and is our best young player by far

Hypothetical lines

Kovalchuk Zajac Erat

Zubrus Elias Sykora/Tedendby/Pesonen take your pick i'm undecided

Halischuk Henrique Clarkson

Carter Gionta Bernier

I read also that Lou said that Larsson is going to be a full time player from here on out also. so a dman is expendable but i think not until Fayne is back from injury because as it is in reality right now, there are only 7 healthy right now

Let me break this down for you because either guys are you mongos or don't understand dealing from strength.

1 We have 8 dman signed

2. Tallinder is the most tradable since Larsson will do what he does and has a better cap hit

3. Volch probably won't waive his NTC after getting to the SCF so he is staying

4. Our top 6 is weak at the moment unless you want Pesonen as our first line right winger opening night

5. We hace center depth. Henrique has passed Josefson and is our best young player by far

Hypothetical lines

Kovalchuk Zajac Erat

Zubrus Elias Sykora/Tedendby/Pesonen take your pick i'm undecided

Halischuk Henrique Clarkson

Carter Gionta Bernier

We don't have depth at centre.

As much as i love Henrique he has had one good year. The player he had good chemistry with has just signed for Minnesota. Zajac is 2 years away from UFA. Elias is the wrong side of 30. We only have two prospects in the organisation who are centers. I don't consider that depth.

Greene is the most valuable to trade, not Tallinder. The former is younger and did not have a blood clot issue that cost him most of the season.

Green to NSH makes sense, but all the Devils could hope for in return are draft picks...they don't really have scoring depth at forward. Even giving up Erat would hurt them.

Volcehnkov went to the SCF when he was with the Sens. I doubt him being willing to waive his NTC has much to do with the SCF.

I agree. I don't think Volchenkov is necessarily a lock not to waive. Its just that he can block it if he wants to. Erat has an NMC himself. I don't think Erat is awful though, just a tad overpaid (3 more seasons at 4.5). He could be a smarter pickup than Hemsky. Erat's been steady at about 50 points for the last 6 seasons. He has never played 82 games though.

I'm having a tough time moving Tallinder in any situation. I'd be more comfortable moving Greene or Volchenkov. I definitely think Tallinder is important for Larsson, at least until his next contract is up.

I don't know if Erat would be the right choice. Seems to me it would be more of a 2nd or 3rd choice of trade partner. Edmonton I think is more viable right now.

Edited by ghdi

Volchenkov hasn't really been able to pan out. He used to steadily lead the league in blocked shots, but Marty isn't a fan of shot blocking so A-Train has had to curb that a bit.

I dont know if that was in reference to my use of the word block, but I was referring to his NTC if that was the case.

I think Anton is an asset to this team, but if he was traded I wouldnt lose sleep. He doesnt seem to use his body as well as a guy his size should be able to.

I dont know if that was in reference to my use of the word block, but I was referring to his NTC if that was the case.

I think Anton is an asset to this team, but if he was traded I wouldnt lose sleep. He doesnt seem to use his body as well as a guy his size should be able to.

No, it's in reference to the fact that shot blocking was his specialty in Ottawa.