Njdevs Brick Is Finalized

Colin226

Friends,

Well it's been almost 2 months since I placed the order for NJDevs' very own brick to be placed in Championship Plaza.. You wouldn't believe the stress this thing has given me but I think it will all be worth it when we finally have our very own brick that every member can be proud of..

So here's the saga of the NJDevs brick:

The idea first came to me at MB30 Day. I saw the ad and immediately thought "NJDevs needs to have a brick here". So after bricks went up for sale I, along with the help of DM, started raising donations to purchase a beautiful 4x8 brick. We raised the $155 needed in about 12 hours and raised another $50 (donated to DM for the site) in another 6 hours. So our original design was Line 1: WWW.NJDEVS.COM / Line 2: A FORUM FOR ALL FANS / Line 3: WELCOME TO HELL!.... And I went ahead and put in the order.

Then, a member of the forum placed a call asking if the brick would be alright. This launched a small investigation by the brick company into what exactly www.NJDevs.com was. They then realized we were advertising for a Devils related group and said that we had to remove the WWW. and .COM from the brick. So I talked to them on the phone for a while and finally agreed. Then a few weeks later they said we had to remove the word FORUM from the brick, so after another long phone call and some thinking time I decided to change FORUM to HOME. All good, until I got a letter about my family's brick and where it was going to be placed. So I call up the brick company and ask what happened to the NJDevs brick. They tell me the top guy in their company who oversees approval of bricks shot us down and they would get back to me as to why. So they call back and say we now have to remove NJDEVS from the brick because it's still related to the Devils. I then get into a whole legal debate with them (mind you all of this is while I'm supposed to be at work) and they basically tell me I have to change it, and by the way pal no refunds.

At this point I feel like my heart has been ripped out. Here I had taken an idea of mine and gotten donations and tons of support for the NJDevs brick, and now this company was telling me I couldn't put NJDEVS on it. How can you possibly represent the forum on a brick without putting its name?! I nearly broke down at my desk. But I was determined to make something we could all be proud of. So I got to thinking about how I could do the impossible and to be honest you guys were my motivation to not just say fvck it. I wanted to do something great for this forum and leave my mark. I decided I would have to scrap the marketing part of the brick and just do something that would make everyone happy to be a part of NJDevs. So I came up with a sentimental brick idea. I submitted it along with a sob story about how "we are just a passionate group of fans looking to be proud of our small piece of the team we all love". Those were my exact words. And they approved my final brick idea......

So without further delay, I give you the final version of NJDevs' brick at Prudential Center's Championship Plaza, a brick that will be there 20+ years from now still paying homage to the members of this great forum.......

9429_1154548547481_1340700115_30496032_2933177_n.jpg

Sure, it doesn't market the forum but honestly we are the largest Devils fan site (I think, but definitely largest Devils forum) so if anyone is looking to go on a fan site they'll find us easily.. I think this is a great message to all of our members just commemorating the close community we have here, and I hope you all agree with me.. It's also a miracle that I got them to allow NJDEVS to stay on it..

-----------------------------------------------------------

This brick is for all members of NJDevs, but I would personally like to thank everyone listed below for contributing to its purchase. The message on it is especially for you...

msweet

devils26

LucifersDog

Devil Dan 56

Colin226

Squishyx

Jimmy Leeds

NJDevsRock

MadDog2020

DevilsRule2008

Devils731

thelastonealive

Middlesex

Edited by Colin226

Wow, I can't believe how much hassle it was to just get the name of the website on there. Thank you for all that effort Colin and at least we can have a permanent marker of our spot in the tribute to fandom. A big thanks to all of you who donated to the brick and the site in that short time frame!

(Now I am starting to wonder if the Devils have a problem with us using NJDevs as our site address? Jeez, I guess I better reserve some other domain names for the site. )

Edited by DevilMinder

Good job fighting for the right to have the name on there. We were considering doing something similar for 2 Man Advantage, but it never materialized...I'm not sure if I would have had the desire to fight through all the crap like you did. Great job.

Any word where the brick is going to be? I got my notice in the mail Saturday; I ordered much later than most people (and around the same time you placed the NJDevs brick order) and wound up in Section 2 like so many others. God I hope they have enough orders to at least fill the area around the logo...

Thanks guys.. I only persevered through it because I knew you guys would have my back in the end

They promised me it would be rushed to Newark so that it could be installed in time for Opening Night. She also said she would make sure it was placed in Section 1, so we'll see :whistling:

You rock, Colin. We found a keeper in this guy, I can tell you that much.

:wub: I think we all feel the same about you MB and everyone else who is a part of the NJDevs family.. thank you

I feel like a d!ck for not giving towards the brick but I promise to crack a cold one and toast to it :cheers:

ahh don't worry man a toast is also accepted.. consider donating to the forum instead as our costs have gone up

Edited by Colin226

ahh don't worry man a toast is also accepted.. consider donating to the forum instead as our costs have gone up

I feel like I should have done something too. Once I get a job I'll donate some bucks. Let me know in the future if I can help. I haven't passed the bar yet, but I could advise in a strictly non-lawyer way about the law. I mean, as the name says, I'm in california, but I can might be able to help somehow other than the random tidbits I give DM.

I can't believe they had a problem with NJDEVS/A HOME FOR ALL FANS/WELCOME TO HELL, although the final version you came up with is actually better, IMO.

BTW, FWIW, my wife also loves your name.

Thanks, Colin... I LOVE YOUR NAME!

Thank you :D Only problem with my name is that it gets mispronounced a lot.. I say it like "C-ah-lin" but "C-oh-lin Powell" ruined it for all of us with the ah pronounciation :(

Thanks for the work Colin.

The only reason I can imagine them vetoing the original brick is if someone did something like what happened to that facebook group. Promote a "Devils" website on the brick, they look at it, it's fine, it supports the Devils, then opening day, when the bricks are in, the guy changes the webpage to be all anti-Devils and about how much they suck, etc....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.