Gelinas and Kinkaid sent to Albany

Marshall

Gelinas was an emergency call-up, the Devils don't really have a choice right now, it's either that or send Larsson down and keep Gelinas up.  I'm much more happy that Kinkaid is going back than I am upset that Gelinas isn't staying.

That occurred to me after the rage. 

Edit: you sure about that Tri? I know Kinkaid was an emergency call-up, but Gelinas? Salvador went non-roster and now he's coming back.

Edited by Marshall

That occurred to me after the rage. 

Edit: you sure about that Tri? I know Kinkaid was an emergency call-up, but Gelinas? Salvador went non-roster and now he's coming back.

Whether or not Gelinas was an emergency recall (and I suppose technically he isn't), Salvador was only leaving for a very short period of time.

Lou's trying to clear out a defenseman. He just didn't have enough time with Salvador coming back. Maybe it takes a week, maybe a month, but Gelinas will be back. No rush to force something in 24-48 hours.

Then put piece of sh!t Harrold on waivers then. If Gelinas isn't back up for the Tampa game, I'm gonna have a coronary.

Then put piece of sh!t Harrold on waivers then. If Gelinas isn't back up for the Tampa game, I'm gonna have a coronary.

Even if Harrold is waived, either Gelinas or Fayne would be the seventh dman. Would rather see Gelinas get consistent playing time in Albany.

Even if Harrold is waived, either Gelinas or Fayne would be the seventh dman. Would rather see Gelinas get consistent playing time in Albany.

Bullsh!t. Gelinas plays, period. When a guy comes up and plays like that, you make room. End of story, I don't care what needs to be done.
  • Like 2

+1

He should be with the big club for every game from here on out

He is literally to essential to the system at this point imo to be sent down. What he brings is what this system desperately needs. A defensemen who can fire the puck from the point and get it on net.

BRING ON THE YOUTH MOVEMENT!

PREACH!

Love the cannon blast of his, and he isn't afraid to let errrr rip!

Wow I'm super disappointed he got sent down. clearly the guy is someone we critically need.

I will just trust (and hope) that mgmt just needs time to move another dman

They better get it done before Tuesday

Scratch a veteran, figure it out.  Gelinas is HANDS DOWN one of our top 6 defenseman

Bullsh!t. Gelinas plays, period. When a guy comes up and plays like that, you make room. End of story, I don't care what needs to be done.

THIS

I realize Garrioch isn't the most popular writer, but there's this bit from his latest:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/26/anaheim-ducks-goalies-make-good-trade-bait

RUMOURS DU JOUR: New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello sent out an email last week offering up an unnamed "veteran defenceman" around. D Marek Zidlicky, 36, is the oldest player on the club's blueline while D Anton Volchenkov, D Peter Harrold and Andy Greene all qualify in the "veteran" category. It is doubtful the Devils will be able to move anybody. By the way, teams often send out an email without naming names to try to protect the innocent

If something really is in the works, the move makes sense. Even if something isn't in the works, as a few have noted already, someone had to go down to clear roster room for Salvador returning, and the only options on D were Gelinas or Larsson.  Personally I think it's temporary until Volchenkov or Fayne get "injured" the way Tedenby was "injured" to start the season.

you know what kind of kick in the balls that must feel like you to be brought up become a key part in play immediately contribute have everyone talk so highly about you then just departed back down right away

if he's not a douche, he should understand. he did everything right and got all the praise he should. people understand numbers games and roster limits - he'll most certainly be back and likely sooner rather than later.

Purely administrative (I hope) or else I'm afraid that Lou has really lost his marbles.  I hope it is the former.

A trade is brewing, certainly.  I can't see Gelinas (with 2 pts/2gms) being sent down for good, but then again, the Devils have benched Larsson and YaYo for no apparent reason either, so your guess is as good as mine.