GDT - Devs/Sens Game II

Don

Sleep tight tonight Don - no horns tonite... :gd:

I guess I don't sleep either way.

Senators win and people are driving around town honking their horns until morning.

Devils win and I'm way too f'n' wired to go to sleep. I feel like I'm hyped up speed. I have so much energy right now and don't know what to do with myself.

If only I had a car..... :P

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i know you guys are trying to get me to go but i just don't want to by myself, it's just not worth the drive. i am already making plans to go next saturday so it's no big deal to me now, i'll still watch the game on the tube although that's not the same.. it is better than listening to it on the XM satellite radio though, which is what i've had to do for all the playoff games so far except the overtime winner and the series clincher, all other nights i was PUMPING GAS at Wawa! and never trust mapquest, i tried using that to go to my friend's show at the starland ballroom in sayreville and mapquest gave me some f'ed up directions that put me nowhere near starland... it sucked, lol. i know how to get there anyway, it's not like this would've been my first game... i'm just not up for driving all the way their by myself when i could just wait a week and go with my family.

ok yeah, so i shoulda listened to you guys and just went, lmao. like i said though at least i got to see the whole game on TV, and also as I said me, my dad, and my brother already bought tickets for game 5, section 236, row 13.

Just back from the CAA...

WHEW!!!!!!!!

We can't finish for nothing.

Team Sucks

Marty Rules

Langs didn't get a break today until the final play.

Elias please shot puck.

We'll take the W even if we don't deserve it.

Good Night

I didnt read the thread... so if I am repeating then Im sorry...

But it was about time Langenbrunner showed up, he was useless that whole game, errors, and just couldnt do a thing right... and we kept saying he needs to redeem himself and score goal 3...and there it was..and it was a beautiful goal!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

Figures I was in the middle of crapping when they scored!

I know, TMI.

ewww

I didnt read the thread... so if I am repeating then Im sorry...

But it was about time Langenbrunner showed up, he was useless that whole game, errors, and just couldnt do a thing right... and we kept saying he needs to redeem himself and score goal 3...and there it was..and it was a beautiful goal!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

Good for your guy LG ! :koolaid:

Good for your guy LG ! :koolaid:

I know - I didnt wear my jersey... I thought maybe I was jinxing him... but what a beauty.. no matter what it looked like.. just a beauty for being the game winner.. I was sooo tired and ready to go home!!

I DON'T HEAR ANY CAR HORNS!!! WOO!!!

The car horns leaving the arena were ridiculous... for a good 15 minutes, just horns!! I had to close my windows.. it got annoying :)

That was the most traffic i ever sat in.. just got in.. but it was worth it

I'm on the phone with my girlfriend (Dana aka theothergoat) and I can hear the crowd in the background. There are tons of chants of Lets Go Devils, drums, and car horns going off. Awesome stuff!

Everyone was pumped.. it was awesome walking out of there with everyone chanting and yelling and screaming and honking!! Lots of energy!!

capt.452026f889da471ba043a527eea6452c.senators_devils_hockey_era107.jpg

The guy just scored the winning goal in double OT, no need to stick him in the crotch!!

BTW - MARTY made some awesome saves tonight.. really, without him, this game was not a win. He was phenomenal.

Some thoughts:

- Brylin played well with at least a couple of good shots, one going in.

- Scary stat quoted on TV some time during the first OT: Senators: 4 giveaways, Devils 22 giveaways!

- We are lucky to have won this game. Ottawa is big and strong, and their forecheck is effective.

- Can they please shoot the puck when they have a chance? PLEEEZ?

- I think the fourth line should have gotten more ice time.

The series is just starting; it'll be awfully tough to win.

So Marty should get credit for stealing this game for the Devs. We need to keep track so in case the Devils win and Marty steals at least 2 games we can award him a "stolen" series. :D

Oh ya, I see a lot of people here and at the game complaining about not shooting. OTT was really getting in the shooters face all night and the last thing you can do against a team that turns it around so fast like OTT is shoot it into a guy and have your team all skating one direction and let OTT start skating the other way with the puck. I thought most of the passes were the right play even if a Devil appeared to be in a good spot because OTT was so quick at blocking this shooting lane tonight.

Edited by Devils731

I'm on the phone with my girlfriend (Dana aka theothergoat) and I can hear the crowd in the background. There are tons of chants of Lets Go Devils, drums, and car horns going off. Awesome stuff!

haha i rule.

and yeah I was one of those obnoxious carhorn crazies.

it was a tense game, I couldnt help myself. ^_^

Let's see how many news articles tomorrow overshadow the win with attendance figures.

They announced 19,040 during the game. Was pretty clear tho the lower tier was missing about 10%. Made my annual pilgramage down to jersey on a good nite i guess =) it was an awesome atmosphere. This was my 4th playoff game...the last three i went to were all in the second round...in 1995, 2000, and 2003.

oh and, hehe sorry, me and my dad were part of the car horn thing. tradition!

Edited by squishyx

Horn honking rules!!!!

I guess I don't sleep either way.

Senators win and people are driving around town honking their horns until morning.

Devils win and I'm way too f'n' wired to go to sleep. I feel like I'm hyped up speed. I have so much energy right now and don't know what to do with myself.

If only I had a car..... :P

Don't worry Don, when we win in game 6, you can toot the horn in the Mustang!!! :koolaid:

God, to be so EXHUASTED from a game nd still want to be up for the replay still!!

I'm beginning to get the hang of these live playoff OT's with Langs and Marshall all over the place... there is NOTHING like a Multi-OT WIN!!!!! :clap: