The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

You people are really hilarious sometimes with what you think you see w/NYR...

That's because you underestimate them and the factors of luck and opportunity. I'm still sticking to my opinion that if the rangers win this series they go on to play for the cup. special teams and goaltending win playoff series. lundqvist is the best goaltender in the east. you really think Brodeur, holtby, bryz and the theodore are going to steal games on lundqvists level? come on....

ottawa may be territorial dominating the nyr and outplaying them 60/40 but they wont see that result of that on the losing end of the handshake line. the nyr could have won this series already as they really only sh!t the bed in one game.

watching the devils vs the panthers and you tell me the devils will last more then 4 vs them. you all better hope the capitals win.

Edited by hockey3893498

hold the phone! 3-2

and there goes lundqvist after the ref like the crybaby he is. of course he won't get a penalty in the same way richter didn't get a penalty for his game 7 tirade in 94

Wow, kinda slippery move by Neil. I think that one's getting overturned.

it shouldn't. he waved at the puck with his stick but completely missed. lundqvist put it in himself!

That's because you underestimate them. I'm still sticking to my opinion, the rangers win this series they go on to play for the cup. special teams and goaltending win playoff series. ottawa may be territorial dominating the nyr but they wont see that result of that on the losing end of the handshake line. the nyr could have won this series already as they really only sh!t the bed in one game.

watching the devils vs the panthers and you tell me the devils will last more then 4 vs them. you all better hope the capitals win.

And so what? they win the cup? Their first since 94 - it would suck but would some of you slit your wrists?

I just don't get the preoccupation - it must be engrained since birth.

If the league has an "conspiracy line ups" - surely it must be for its 2 most failing franchise PHX vs. FLA

And so what? they win the cup? Their first since 94 - it would suck but would some of you slit your wrists?

If the league has an "conspiracy line ups" - surely it must be for its 2 most failing franchise PHX vs. FLA

funny, you have no problem calling people out then and you respond with a condescending attitude. maybe all the way out there in la you wont feel the effects of it but you can bet if the nyr win the cup and with the uncertainty following the devils it'll do major damage. you think theres no one in the seats now? watch the nyr win the cup, parise leave and brodeur leave...oh and that pesky bankruptcy situation and ownership.

That's easy for you to say from 3,000 miles away from the closest Ranger fan/media. I hate it when the out of area fans chatise us for hating the Rangers so much. Come back to the area and your perspective on things may change.

• Like 2

That's easy for you to say from 3,000 miles away from the closest Ranger fan/media. I hate it when the out of area fans chatise us for hating the Rangers so much. Come back to the area and your perspective on things may change.

this. its a fact of life being a devils fan. only this time there wont be a 1995 after 1994.

funny, you have no problem calling people out then and you respond with a condescending attitude. maybe all the way out there in la you wont feel the effects of it but you can bet if the nyr win the cup and with the uncertainty following the devils it'll do major damage. you think theres no one in the seats now? watch the nyr win the cup, parise leave and brodeur leave...oh and that pesky bankruptcy situation and ownership.

Parise and Brodeur may be done anyway after tomorrow's game.

I'm not trying to be condescending, its just the folks looking for every gremlin behind a net, board, or puck set by the league to propel NYR further into the spotlight - every NJ conspiracy.

If they are good enough to win - they should win - same as any other team. I don't think they are, and I would HATE to see it, but a lot of their players play with more urgency than what I've seen from some of ours over the past few playoff seasons.

If NJ can't get to RD 2 it will be of their own failure not some other franchise - they had the best matchup, a deep team that was on fire going in - but at some point you have to put it all together.

There is a difference between hating your rival - and trying to profess that the league is doing everything to favor them.

I lived in NY for many, many years - during the dead year as well- I haven't forgotten.

There is a difference between hating your rival - and trying to profess that the league is doing everything to favor them.

I lived in NY for many, many years - during the dead year as well- I haven't forgotten.

but this league does favor the rangers and certain markets. maybe not favor but more like obsess over. its up to someones pov if that extends to on ice calls. sometimes it makes you wonder.

ive been here all my life. im in my early 40's and i remember when the islanders were a dynasty and yet treated like bastards because they were not the nyr.

the problem with the devils is they are not ny. same with the islanders to an extent they are ny in name but long island in existance and to the media it might as well be ny state and the sabres. im a jets sth and i can tell you even with the giants winning the sb it wont hurt the jets all that much only in bragging rights. same with the mets/yankees dynamic only the bandwagon is more pronounced there see the 1980's and the 1990's early 2000's. ny sports teams are so vastly followed and supported that one winning will not effect the other to the extent of fan abandonment or what the devils go through media wise. if the nyr had what the devils had from 1995-2003 the devils would be playing in another city.

hold the phone! 3-2

and there goes lundqvist after the ref like the crybaby he is. of course he won't get a penalty in the same way richter didn't get a penalty for his game 7 tirade in 94

it shouldn't. he waved at the puck with his stick but completely missed. lundqvist put it in himself!

I too thought Lundqvist's stick might've jammed the puck in on that last Sens goal. Not that it matters now. The Rags won anyway.

I didn't really expect the Rangers to lose this round anyway. Problem is one of the few teams that could smoke them is out of the playoffs, and they own the Flyers/Bruins/Panthers. They could lose to the Caps, hell they could lose to us if we ever got our heads on straight (as unlikely as it is), but other than that tonight might have been the best chance to get them out of there for a while. Can't really expect Ottawa to win three in the World's Greatest Construction Site.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Congratulations to the Phoenix Coyotes for advancing to the 2nd round. We talk about this being a brutal hockey market and that this team needs to move immediately, but guess what...this is their first playoff series win since the team moved from Winnipeg in 1996. Chances are Florida, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, Anaheim San Jose, Nashville, Colorado, New Jersey, Dallas would be on the very thinnest ice or gone if they had never won a playoff series since their team moved there.

Maybe this run helps bring in more season ticket holders, sponsors and a new owner. Every franchise deserves a chance to see if they can be successful. And you only really know if the team has success on the ice.

• Like 1

In the past 24 hours the Panthers, from their President to their coach to their marketing team, have shown no class:

PANTHERS.jpg

Yeah, I wish they could lose the series simply for being bush league...between the rats and the twitter chastising and this I'm not impressed at all.