Hey guys

Blown01NJ

Not sure what he did wrong. Maybe he is been annoying in other threads I haven't seen, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Better than half the board's comments in game threads and other threads.

But maybe he has been annoying elsewhere. 

Really? You think making a thread to post two video clips that have nothing to do with hockey is okay? At least with people going crazy in game threads it is specifically hockey-related.

I didn't mind the post -- it got me watching "Best movie quote" clips then Big Labowski clips then Jeff Bridges interview clips... then Hailee Steinfeld pages because she looks like my daughter - at least in True Grit she does.  It's weird even.

umm... so,      what are we talking about again?  How much Brodeur sucks?  Let's trade for Bryz? 

wait a sec -- I have to figure out where I am here....

Not sure what he did wrong. Maybe he is been annoying in other threads I haven't seen, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Better than half the board's comments in game threads and other threads.

But maybe he has been annoying elsewhere. 

Then you suck too. The team doesn't need you. I'm not here to say we're a lock to win the cup, but counting us out before we're out, is just giving up and that's not something a true fan does.

+1 been staring into a white abyss everytime I go here with my smartphone

I think the videos here are flash embedded on here and Apple products dont recognize flash so that might be the issue.

My issue lately is that on the desktop version, I cannot edit a post unless i use the full editor.  On my iPhone 4S I can edit just fine without the full editor.

I think the videos here are flash embedded on here and Apple products dont recognize flash so that might be the issue.

My issue lately is that on the desktop version, I cannot edit a post unless i use the full editor. On my iPhone 4S I can edit just fine without the full editor.

I'm actually anti apple( lets not argue like kids) I'm on a droid right now till I get a new phone. On desktop I can edit here I can't. I don't have taptalk either.

I'm actually anti apple( lets not argue like kids) I'm on a droid right now till I get a new phone. On desktop I can edit here I can't. I don't have taptalk either.

lol it's alright I mean i like my iPhone but I don't consider myself an Apple fanatic.

I never use or have used Taptalk and I only have issues with editing on my desktop.  IDK ever since the forums were updated a few months back it's just been a little wonky.

Then you suck too. The team doesn't need you. I'm not here to say we're a lock to win the cup, but counting us out before we're out, is just giving up and that's not something a true fan does.

I think it's pretty easy to look at our record in the last month and realize we probably won't hit 54 points or whatever we need to MAYBE be able to squeeze in. Being a fan doesn't mean blind faith. that's idiotic, it means calling it how it is. There's nothing wrong with being realistic about the situation. We are basically out of it at this point. 

Unless of course you want to be more like, that's cool too...

Edited by mrthemike

I think it's pretty easy to look at our record in the last month and realize we probably won't hit 54 points or whatever we need to MAYBE be able to squeeze in. Being a fan doesn't mean blind faith. that's idiotic, it means calling it how it is. There's nothing wrong with being realistic about the situation. We are basically out of it at this point. 

True. However, there is a difference between realism and exercising constant negatively. Some people are acting like tortured souls because their hockey team isn't playing well. I'm realistic too, and anyone who is realistic knew that sooner or later the Devils would have some bad years. It was a matter of time. We can either accept it, or we can do whatever this thread is.

That being said, I'm a Devils fan, so I'll watch the rest of the season and hope for the best.

Unless of course you want to be more like, that's cool too...

No one's asking for blind faith, but we are asking to not give up on the team before it's over. This is what is being done here. No excuse. If you're a fan, you don't give up on a hope, especially when your team can still make it. It'd be like running a marathon then giving up at mile 25 because you're a few seconds behind 1st. Eh, wasn't gonna win at that point, so might as well quit. Fine, you quit on the team then. If you quit though, you seriously have no right to talk about the team in any capacity whatsoever.

No need to be unrealistic, will we make it? It's certainly possible. Likely, eh, not sure, but possible. So if you don't think it's possible, gtfo and stop talking about this team like you're a fan.

True. However, there is a difference between realism and exercising constant negatively. Some people are acting like tortured souls because their hockey team isn't playing well. I'm realistic too, and anyone who is realistic knew that sooner or later the Devils would have some bad years. It was a matter of time. We can either accept it, or we can do whatever this thread is.

That being said, I'm a Devils fan, so I'll watch the rest of the season and hope for the best.

Again..thank you DD56. We are on the same page. I watch every game and hope for the best but like to think I am realistic too. This isn't the 2011 team was surging down the stretch. This is a team that has lost 8 games in a row for whatever reason.

I could easily say the people that go "FU Fatso Marty" and "Fire Lou and DeBoer" and whatever else I can find in the last few game threads are the fans that are not needed. Those are the fans that cheer for the players when things go well  but turn on hard working athletes and really good people like Salvador the moments thing go bad. 

It's been a tough year. Big deal. The excitement of last year's run will keep me happy for a few years. And the Cup wins this team has produced will easily let me be fine with the down times if this team is about to go into one (not that I necessarily believe that).